RAAus Fails CASA Audit Again

Robert

Guest Howard Hughes
3. If this saga continues indefinitely for say up to 12 months or more then the entire existing fleet will be grounded & of course no new planes will have been registered, & there will be a considerable loss of revenue for RAAus.

This is the point I would be most concerned about!

PS: Re your last point (6), you are always going to get politics, no matter how big (or small) the organisation. What you need to be wary of in a community organisation, is those who serve only to serve themselves...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for a rumour...this is getting great legs!!

The original post was a rumour, the RAA website is a Fact so please read website as shown earlier. This a Fact not a rumour anymore. Getting great legs, after Monday I would say it will get up and walk.

• Like 1

I think John, you will get different levels of support for this approach from casual recreational aviators, recreational plane onwner operators and recreational flight schools in direct proportion to the amount of investment they have made and the amount of loss they stand to take. I don't think owners or businesses relying on RA Aus sorting their rot out will be prepared to wait, nor should they. Insurances and rents/hangarage will still have to be paid and the losses will just mount up.

• Like 1

My reg runs out January and iv been invited to Avlon for static display (as a vintage being a 1983 australian light wing) and I intend on flying the 300+NM to get there....would be very dissapointed if I missed out because of NO reg re-newal.!!!for some of our members it could be our last chance for Avlon.

Apperently the Lawyers hands starting to itch on this one..

some of you mentioned this could be costly and looks like it could get mighty costly for those who jumped the gun without thought for the out come.As was mentioned to me this action was very wrong on so many levals and should Not have come to this.

1.We all should have received a letter/phone call/or email about the situation.

2..If CASA puts a hold on Reg etc..they need a valid reason for doing so(ie..everyone breaking the law,etc) NOT PAPERWORK.

3. those effected should be reimbursed at least member ship cost for each day effected..

4.Apperently theres a long list of Legal matters just waiting to be let loose on this one.Who'ed of thought people may have to seek medical advice for anxioty and stress?

Im No lawyer and have No emediate opinion on the matter at this stage and I am only posting what 1 of our current members (lawyer) has stated to a couple of us! maybe in his frustration?...And just letting people Know how servere this could be for All parties involved

Now anyone want to swap a 3-axis for a trike? or hang glider?

take it easy guys and lets just see come monday,,

hope for a speedy resolution .

My reg runs out January and iv been invited to Avlon for static display (as a vintage being a 1983 australian light wing) and I intend on flying the 300+NM to get there....would be very dissapointed if I missed out because of NO reg re-newal.

Guys, in my opinion we shouldn't be talking doom and gloom as that just won't eventuate

I have absolutely no doubt that this will all be sorted out simply within days...RAAus is just too big to talk about the end of the world is coming...but the fact remains that this, just like everything else that has been happening, should never ever have happened at all...THAT is the talking point and how do we as members step in and remove the problems of Runciman, Tizzard, Middleton and Reid, instil professional and capable management, and take back our RAAus...that is what I believe we should be talking about...just my 1 vote

• Like 6

It may be that CASA know about it but haven't told RaaUs yet.067_bash.gif.26fb8516c20ce4d7842b820ac15914cf.gifStone the crows, how on earth did I get on the 'speculation bandwagon' 111_oops.gif.41a64bb245dc25cbc7efb50b743e8a29.gif

Alan.

I made a phone call today and got told that RaAus has had a computer problem and are not able to process any reg applications until its sorted out. I think they hope to get it up and running by Monday.

Hmmmmm it was another member of this site that I made the phone call to. Chances are it was just speculation. Seems on this forum you can't let a bit of BS get in the way of a good story LOL

This is what is says on RAA website.

Aircraft Registrations and Renewals

November 9, 2012 | opsassist

Following a CASA Directive RA-Aus is unable to process aircraft registrations, including renewals until further notice. RA-Aus regrets this inconvenience and the board and staff are working closely with CASA to resolve this situation as soon as possible. This notice will be updated by close of business Monday 12 November 2012, or earlier if there [...]

I made a phone call today and got told that RaAus has had a computer problem and are not able to process any reg applications until its sorted out. I think they hope to get it up and running by Monday.

Hmmmmm it was another member of this site that I made the phone call to. Chances are it was just speculation. Seems on this forum you can't let a bit of BS get in the way of a good story LOL

Or Herm, you could actually press a button or two and get the official story from the RAA website rather than just stir.

• Like 2

I agree with Ian that as members there must be a way to remove those persons who have let things get to this point. Obviously they have not forfilled their obligations and have let the organisation slide into a hole that only seems to be getting deeper and deeper. Without trying to look like a rat thats jumping from a sinking ship, I would have no qualms changing to another organization that could offer better services. How many of us change phone companies, insurances, banks etc...etc because of better services.

Another thought....................(aghhhh my aching head) If RAAUS is not forthcoming on what the actual problem is then why don't we find out from CASA direct?

One BIG important issue that everyone has missed so far is CASH FLOW.40 - 50 aircraft per week * $180 plus other fee's is a major dent in the cash flow of RAA. How long can they last when they are loosing $10k plus per week.

I have read elsewhere approx 12 months, with the money in the bank, as long as that law suit fails.

Guest Andys@coffs
One BIG important issue that everyone has missed so far is CASH FLOW.40 - 50 aircraft per week * $180 plus other fee's is a major dent in the cash flow of RAA. How long can they last when they are loosing $10k plus per week.

Your correct, there is a cash flow impact, however our reserves will allow us to sustain a long period of no cash input. The ones that suffer if that were to happen, other than those that cant fly (obviously), is those who litigate against us. At the end of the day success to them looks like our assets including the cash reserve becoming theirs. If this means no reserve....then they may well win a piric victory.......if indeed they win at all......

Andy

Or Herm, you could actually press a button or two and get the official story from the RAA website rather than just stir.

I'm pretty sure I would have done that. My comment was based on all the speculation prior to the update message. Thanks for highlighting exactly what I was trying to suggest. Now it seems just a little more fact is now surfacing.

I think we should just chill and have faith in the staff on the front line, like the girls in the office and the tech manager, ops manager and the admin manager that are the ones holding the RA-Aus together while the elected board members sit back and watch it all collapse. What ever happens after Monday we should all support the front line workers that have to put this back together. From a conversation I have had with the TM on Friday it's going to be a paperwork nightmare so we should strap in for the ride.

• Like 1

I think we should just chill and have faith in the staff on the front line, like the girls in the office and the tech manager, ops manager and the admin manager that are the ones holding the RA-Aus together while the elected board members sit back and watch it all collapse. What ever happens after Monday we should all support the front line workers that have to put this back together. From a conversation I have had with the TM on Friday it's going to be a paperwork nightmare so we should strap in for the ride.

I think people are strapped in for the ride. There isn't much else to do. Except, of course, hoping for the best.

Even though I don't have problems (I don't have a plane yet - phew!), I can't see why people "should have faith" in anything regarding RA-AUS. Faith is per definition belief without evidence. If you mean "faith" in the sense of "trust", I have to disagree with you there as well. Trust, like respect, is earned, and from what I can see, they're on a long and hard route to earn any trust from anyone.

• Like 1

I have found the comments and suggestions to the fix interesting and varied.

I know one thing for sure we do not need another organisation "fix what we have". Just a bit of a clean out plus a bit of diligence will work.

Because there is a lot of work, cost and heart ache to establish another organisation. Been there done that.

Be cautious as there will be another bunch of egos to negotiate around and they will all be bush barristers.

(I will not be going there).

Remember the route cause of this predicament is egos and self interest.

Egos:- Stop *thinking *reasoning *listening.

There is a way around this problem, for those who see and acknowledge our woes call a meeting for themselves get organised within their group, organise a leader for the group. Just remember all will not be happy just a majority will be a bit happy and the rest will swinging backwards and forwards and making a lot of noise. After getting organised form a set of resolutions then approach a general meeting, we can do that now.

We need an organised approach not sitting about the place like a gaggle of geese.

Keith Page.

• Like 7

That sounds logical to me me Keith.

Bye the way, i'm a little confused why you have an avitar showing a Jabby and not your lovely Lightwing?

Hopefully it will soon be replaced with the Terrier, with all the construction bugs you've ironed out.

Take care

Rgds. Planey

Yes Planedriver!!! Getting the logical to happen is like moving Mt. Everest may even be worse, every one is tripping over an ego.

I am very sad the faithfull Lightwing has to move on, I bought the Jab for work it is a 230 hence all the instruments and other hanger on things can fit in as well, 60 kg can fit. Plus a passenger.

The Terrier has been a night mare, I am very pleased I got tied up with a LAME and his question "Have you check the symmetry" that opened a few drums of worms and the worm kept breeding. I found Bill Whitney so the learning started I hope that project is on the home turn. What kit manufactures tell us and what we must know are poles apart.

Keith Page

I had a chat with my local board member last night. It seems this directive is related to audits - last year's. Something is still not up to scratch, when you read between the lines.

For my part, I don't believe there is any need for hysterical panic about groundings. The reality is the directive will likely have been a wake-up call, or a shot across the bow, of sorts, to bring whatever issue it is to a head (sent from CASA to RAA).

People need to relax a little - until such time as you are told to not fly your plane, there is nothing to panic about.

Did you pay your rego but not receive a new rego card? Normally you'd fly on, safe in the knowledge that you've paid and a card will arrive at some point, yes? Would not the same apply here? No-one has been told there rego has lapsed, have they?

Maybe I am too low strung... I can't register my new toy to me, currently. Paid for it last week, picked up yesterday...

I'm simply going to use up its existing rego until February, though I doubt it'll take that long to sort out.

Unstressed... that's me.

• Like 2

I guess it all depends how long it drags on, at least the management had clarified whats going on and the staff handling the registration process aren't saying that its an EFTPOS problem. So we have a partial victory for transparency of the operations, which I think we can all agree is a step forward for the RAA.