RAAus Fails CASA Audit Again

Robert

If its SR who does the update perhaps its Queensland business hours which are an hour and 10years behind the rest of the east coast 075_amazon.gif.0882093f126abdba732f442cccc04585.gifJoke boys!!!! settle we need some levity here....before the public stoning starts!!

We can only hope Andy.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can only hope Andy.

The update's there

RA-Aus Aircraft Registration Update

November 12, 2012 | opsassist

Despite the best efforts of the staff and board of RA-Aus last week and over the weekend, RA-Aus did not regain the authority to restart the process of aircraft registrations. A meeting is scheduled to take place tomorrow morning (Tuesday 13 November 2012) where it is hoped that the requirements from CASA can be agreed to and arrangements made so that normal service can be provided to the members.

The initial directive from CASA was given as a result of RA-Aus not meeting all the requirements set by CASA at previous audits. New systems and procedures are being worked upon to ensure that RA-Aus meet all requirements set out by CASA.

RA-Aus regrets this inconvenience and would like to assure our members that we continue to do all we can to resolve the situation as soon as possible. We would also like to take this opportunity to thank members who have contacted us offering assistance.

This notice will be updated by close of business Tuesday 13 November 2012, or earlier if there is any change.

Quality rant that! I agree with Adam and the context in which it was quite apparently written, attributing some self centred or selfish purpose to the post is along bow to draw and an unnecessary and ill directed attack.

It was done to show just how ridiculous the argument is. By reducing it to the absurd, while keeping the argument, shows just how vapid his argument was. In other words, it's a reductio ad absurdum. And even that is perhaps a bit much, because he actually did say that one should not worry unless directly affected.

Do I worry about the state of RAA personally? No, not in the least as I'm only in the process of going down there and this will be all over when I get there (hopefully).

However, I find it utterly ridiculous is the tendency shown by some to blame the people who might be affected in the long run, and to try to argue that unless you're directly affected, you shouldn't give it thought and support those who are. That kind of thinking is the epitome of selfishness (your word), and to put it forward as an argument is utterly vapid.

• Like 2

This is surely the result of a failure of RAA systems and governance, as apart from Licensing, the management of aircraft registrations is an absolute core issue and purpose for RAA.

Now surely, surely, surely the members will wake up and the so-called CEO & the Executive will now be held properly to account.

Today's update reads as if RAA have done all that they can and it is CASA's fault. Whereas the position is the opposite. CASA gave RAA advice (and I assume notice/breathing space) to correct what they required and RAA did not, or were incapable of, achieving those requirements.

In my opinion this is clearly an RAA Management and Executive issue and the extent of the problem is further indicated by the fact that there was no audited Treasurer's Report at the AGM, plus several issues around the AGM were not cosher.

Dismissals should be the result.

• Like 3

Yup just read it there.Looks as though we will get Updates at close of business everyday.Which is fair enough at this stage.

Does anyone want to guess what tomorrows update will say?

My guess...

It might be something like - "RA-Aus today continued negotiations with CASA on New systems and procedures to ensure that RA-Aus meet all requirements set out by CASA."

I would actually just hang tight and wait for the final outcome - not much else can be done really. All this speculation just makes people more uneasy - but easy for me to say as it doesn't directly affect me - or the majority of Australians.

If you feel I am being out of line I will stop posting my opinions. Sorry for any animosity that may be felt by you guys.

• Like 1

Today's update reads as if RAA have done all that they can and it is CASA's fault. Whereas the position is the opposite. CASA gave RAA advice (and I assume notice/breathing space) to correct what they required and RAA did not, or were incapable of, achieving those requirements.

Last week the staff where instructed to advise members it was an EFTPOS fault and this week management advise us its a CASA problem. Not a good result.

• Like 1

Last week the staff where instructed to advise members it was an EFTPOS fault and this week management advise us its a CASA problem. Not a good result.

and not really honest either!!! dont like being lied too by an organisation in which I pay good money to be part of..

• Like 3

I am not sure any of those people that tried to renew registrations last week were told it was an EFTPOS fault from what I have read here. They were just told the renewal could not be "processed" and to call back. Happy to be corrected if I got it wrong

It appears from the response from RAAus today that the RAAus has got themselves firmly in the shit & there is now no way out but for the complete Board to now have the fortitude & guts to resign including the CEO & for an urgent extrordinary general meeting to be called for a new executive to be elected . Lets now see what they are made of men or mice.

The ball is now firmly in their court, whether or not they can see the wood for the trees, or like it or not. They may think they can hide behind the smoke screen but they have now been caught with their pants down.

Hitler eventually hung on until it was too late & when he had the guts to realise the game was over he shot himself.096_tongue_in_cheek.gif.d94cd15a1277d7bcd941bb5f4b93139c.gif

New

might be time to light up the torches , take out the pitch forks,and go on a witch hunt to canberra!!we want to know whats going on RAA,,????

!!!in detail and sooner rather than later..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! update the site RAA as stated it would be!!!....

I am in Canberra, but I don't own a pitchfork, or know where I could get one. I could knock up a torch out of a stick and some engine oil and old rags, and surround the RA office.

I imagine I would be a large and threatening mob of one (1). If they are still working in at the RA office, they could get a laugh at watching me surround the building on my own, waving a handmade torch. Maybe I'll just go to the Emmylou Harris show instead.

dodo

PS The RA site has been updated, but nothing much new. Some very vague lack of detail, and a meeting with CASA tomorrow. I very much doubt CASA will undo their direction in a hurry. Even if total agreement is reached, CASA would want to see convincing action or detail, then think about it for a few days.

• Like 2

How about you just answer the question CrayonBox?

Hi Turbo,

All I am saying is that with the obviously problems that exist, a bit of an overhaul in terms of what is happening now will help to clean up the act. And make the system much better for all involved. One can only hope!

If you feel I am being out of line I will stop posting my opinions. Sorry for any animosity that may be felt by you guys.

Don't stress CB - this is just what happens on forums when things get a little heated. In person most of these people would be perfectly reasonable, in cold, hard text it often comes off as a little more nasty....

And Turbs is a sweet little pussy cat when you get to know him 075_amazon.gif.0882093f126abdba732f442cccc04585.gif

• Like 1

and not really honest either!!! dont like being lied too by an organisation in which I pay good money to be part of..

I agree Flyerme that fact really pisses me off

• Like 2

With a bit of luck , the details will unfold in time. Maybe they won't jump out at us. I don't feel speculation in a confusing situation makes a lot of mileage and can do a lot of damage.

A few things stand out.

The court action is a crippling major event and has been going on for years now. This is somewhat beyond RAAus control. CASA should have supported RAAus there but didn't .( I am unaware of it, If they are. If they had we should have know of it, so that Don Ramsey and others would feel more able to stay on the board that they were elected to).

The cosy arrangement/relationship between RAAus and some people in CASA is not the way to go. The "arrangement" has to be defined in a legal agreement. Any arrangements should be documented, justifiable and necessary , at arms length, fully comprehensible, reviewable, and ethical

The dual and conflicting functions imposed on the RAAus by CASA are in need of clarifying as to how they can operate in a real situation. ie RAAus board is elected by us , Most of the running expenses are paid for by us.

" Those who pay should have the say" There is some acknowledgement implicit in the fact that SOME money is allocated to RAAus for services performed that would normally have been the job of CASA. We have to be regulated by the RAAus ( under the authority of CASA the body that we do not have any real influence over but act as a "sherif" for).. The RAAus has to administer regulation but somehow act in the interest of the RAAus members as well. Clearly in some instances there will de a conflict of interests.

As far as audits and compliance go we are not like another user . We are an "arm" of CASA as far as function goes. We have to live with this . I feel a less punitive approach and more one of assistance would have been more appropriate, under the circumstances also. . If there is a mountain of data on aircraft registrations that has to be reviewed, then throw the required resources at it, but there, I'm speculating too. I just have the feeling that nothing had to be done THIS way. It's got DUMB written all over it... Nev

• Like 4

A lot seems to have been improved since the AGM though so maybe someone stoked the fire.

Nothing to do with the AGM... After all the decisions they took all that time to make and paying outside contractors big dollars to perform the upgrade... it all fell through and a current member fixed it over the last few months on his own time just because he is a good bloke.

• Like 1

It appears to me that this whole Rego thing has come to a head due to the number and types of Rego used in RAAus.

The issue of the Ibis grounding is and example and is probably some of the reasons for the current aircraft licencing issues.

Weve got 10, 19, 24, 28, 32, 55 and there was talk by the previous Tech Mangaer to bring a (18) I think it was.

Let CASA take over the Rego of all aircraft with one or two classes as follows:

Follow other countries and have class 1 (single seat) Class 2 (two seat which includes LSA).

Have RAAus administer all pilot Certificate training and issue and administratrion of the aircraft annual maintenance.

If aircraft are transponder fitted, have annual inspection and pilots are CTA endorsed then let the aircraft operate in controlled airspace.

Other countries allow this.

• Like 1