RAAus Fails CASA Audit Again

Robert

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can people stop posting the same link without reading the thread and its posts of several identical links?

Also, yeah, if the paperwork is up the shit then I wouldn't be surprised. The fact that people have been looking up defunt/crashed/unregoed aircraft that are *still on the f***ing register* might have been a bit of a giveaway, come to think of it.

Sweet demon jesus, someone hand me a powered paraglider, a train ticket to the nearest HGFA training centre and a case of VB wouldja?

- boingk

• Like 2

Guest Maj Millard

Our two ex-RAAus officers (President and Ops manager), now CASA officers, of the CASA Sport aviation unit sure have been keeping our interests in mind haven't they ?... whilst they enjoy their $90,000+ jobs at our expense. Obviosly they have long-forgotten who put them there in the first place !!.....Or could this be "Tizzards' revenge "?...He would have to be a member of the CASA 'old boys' club, and what amazing things has he done recently in the memberships' interest ?.......................................................Maj...bomb.gif.8dfedc171d37efc22ba0dd32e933ffc0.gif

Guest Maj Millard

Well it appears that I will be polluting Northern skys till at least late Feb 2013, in my fully CASA certified trainer 25 reg Lightwing..........................Maj...033_scratching_head.gif.b541836ec2811b6655a8e435f4c1b53a.gif 014_spot_on.gif.1f3bdf64e5eb969e67a583c9d350cd1f.gif 080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif 088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif

Guest Howard Hughes
I wouldn't get the sign writer to do up the "VH" yet but this I hope is the closest we ever get it, watch this space over the coming days....

VH registration would probably be cheaper and a once off, there are many other countries in the World ultralights/microlights/LSA (call them what you will), are handled by the regulator without any apparent problems!

Guest Maj Millard

That's correct HH, but our regulator is anything but world class, even though there are many in it that may think so. I feel all Australian CASA inspectors should be required as part of their training, to spend at least 6 months working within the FAA in the US.

That way they will get to see how it is really done, and with style and class, none of which we possess here unfortunatly...........................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Don't go for VH registration. CASA run that too. IF the RAAus fleet are grounded, it just shows you that CASA who are responsible for the whole shooting match, one way or another, couldn't run a coin operated sh+t+ouse. One time way back we had a thing called DCA that actually did a good job. Another nail in the cofffin of sport aviation in australia. I grieve for the people who have invested in this game. It HAS to be an over -reaction, IF it is happening.Nev

• Like 2

Guest Maj Millard

Couldn't agree more facto, or CASAs' budget has been so badly cut ( as I suggest in another post) that they are flat out running their own show, let alone ours too.............self-regulating ?...my arxx !...................................Maj...094_busted.gif.ae638bd7cbc787b7b31a16c9b8b3a6b4.gif

I see nothing that surprises me sadly... I have been of the opinion for some time that we were sold out. Nothing here IMO is happening by chance... I reckon our former Ops and Tech Managers have all the framework in place ready for us all at CASA... I can;t help but feel they knew exactly what was coming when they left Ra-Aus... Perhaps a "Writing on the wall" sort of moment...

Would I be right in assuming that CASA can only shut the RAA down if they are breaking aviation laws, breaking the club/association laws by not having things like a budget for 3 years is a seperate issue outside CASA's juristiction. It does look like the RAAs competence is coming into question.

From what I understand from another another site is that CASA did an audit on RA and found the paperwork incorrect or incomplete on LSA which have been imported from overseas. RA was told to get this sorted before another CASA audit 2 months later. RA has'nt been able to show the results CASA wanted so CASA has shut RA down untill all this mess is sorted. Some of the LSA imported are not to Australian Factory built standard and other manufactures have bought aircraft over in kit form which have been built in Australia by the distributer and sold as a factory built aircraft. Aparently this is illegal, they must come over factory built.

From what i have read this is a massive stuff up with the paper work and the understanding of what is factory built and what is not and CASA cannot turn a blind eye. Untill the paper work is up to speed and the rogue aircrafts are discovered i suppose the fleet will remain grounded.

It is a worry about RA and how the organisation is being run. When you consider that we are only allowed to fly while RA is alive because we have a pilot certificate,not a licence so if you discontinue your membership you lose your right to fly as well as most people in RA positions are part time employees or have other interests which take up alot of their time so they cannot dedicate their time to RA issues and to ensure everything is correct.

That includes all the people in high level positions,as well as this law suit at the moment and the others who are waiting to sue after seeing what happens with the law suit in question might mean that a CASA recreational licence and GA registered aircraft a safer option perhaps.

Chris

Anyone out there still boosting John McCormack as a reasonable bloke.

Don't see why not. Seems to me that people blatantly ignoring laws about aircraft certification are the ones who are unreasonable.
  • Like 4

Anyone know what this is all about? (Apologies if there is a thread on this already - I dont have time this morning to check back):

From RAAus:

November 9, 2012 | opsassist

Following a CASA Directive RA-Aus is unable to process aircraft registrations, including renewals until further notice.

RA-Aus regrets this inconvenience and the board and staff are working closely with CASA to resolve this situation as soon as possible.

This notice will be updated by close of business Monday 12 November 2012, or earlier if there is any change.

There are several split threads on this with, it seems, everyone too busy to read what is being said, or bother to secure their future.

When you get time, have a careful read, it's critical to your ongoing business.

Non-renewal of registration means grounding despite what has been published.

Don't see why not. Seems to me that people blatantly ignoring laws about aircraft certification are the ones who are unreasonable.

I with David, I honestly cant see how John or CASA can be blamed for the current situation the RAA finds it self in. CASA being the regulator has a duty & responsibility to act if it finds problems in audits.They gave RAA a grace period to get things corrected.

I am very concerned as to where does the buck stop.

Who audits CASA? Is CASA house all in order? Whos judgement says they are on the correct track?

They think they are gods on little tin wheels.

Keith Page.

• Like 1

That's another fascinating story in itself Keith, but it doesn't look as if it comes into play in this case.

What could happen though is that the Minister will come under scrutiny for this, and that could have all sorts of effects very quickly all the way down the line.

• Like 1

Guest airsick
I am very concerned as to where does the buck stop.Who audits CASA? Is CASA house all in order? Whos judgement says they are on the correct track?

They think they are gods on little tin wheels.

Keith Page.

The ANAO. And they are in turn audited themselves by external independent bodies. There's no point attacking CASA when it is RAA that screwed the pooch. You may as well use a statement such as "It's not fair" as a defence...

Who knows what the reason or result will be. Maybe something simple or something really bad for us all. It could be an example of what happens when fools keep talking bad about our hobby. Some of the comments on this site about plane and engine types has done none of us any good. RaAus has been bagged as well as people in the office. When will some of the idiots start to understand the damage they do with all the negative postings. Do they think staff from CASA or the public don't read the comments? I am sure other factors also dont help, and many out of our control. However as Pilots we should be doing all we can to assist each other for the betterment of our hobby. I started in this game well before we had an RaAus or AUF, and many people pushed hard to get us to this point. We have had it pretty good. Now I see some of the negative posters all whooping on about this new situation. Let's hope that none of this is the case... Or some of those people will need to hide their own heads in shame.

That's my say

Mardy

• Like 3

OK

Airsick I do question, " external independent bodies" who and where are they selected from? Who selects them?

Turbo is on to it, the Minister and others will come under scrutiny and all that could cost a lot of votes.

There are a lot of people between RAAus members to the Minister and some of those will be desperate to keep their job.

Keith Page.