RAAus Fails CASA Audit Again

Robert

Guest Andys@coffs
http://www.raa.asn.au/2012/11/aircraft-registrations-and-renewals/

Aircraft Registrations and Renewals

November 9, 2012 | opsassist

Following a CASA Directive RA-Aus is unable to process aircraft registrations, including renewals until further notice.

RA-Aus regrets this inconvenience and the board and staff are working closely with CASA to resolve this situation as soon as possible.

This notice will be updated by close of business Monday 12 November 2012, or earlier if there is any change.

Surely it would be prudent to add just one more sentance to the notice just so that anyone affected is left in no doubt and doesnt do something stupid:-

"An aircraft whose registration expires and is unable to be renewed at this time must not be flown until the registration is able to be renewed"

You could well argue that the reaonable man test should mean that anyone who does fly would probably be judged after the fact to have failed the reasonable man test...but for one extra line why put RAA in a position where it has to defend an action.....

I rang Steve Tizzard made the above suggestion and asked him if the rumours floating around about a total grounding were true or had some basis of fact and Steve advised that as far as he knows its totally wrong and in fact they are looking to have the restrictions lifted by Monday.......

But dont take my word for it, ring, if it affects you, and check for yourself......

Andy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder why the notice was put on the RAA site if, come monday everything will be back to normal with the restrictions lifted. They could have not bothered to put anything on the web site as it is Friday. They wouldnt be processing any rego renewals etc anyway until monday. They dont work weekends.

OK... This is first hand.

I bought a plane four weeks ago, the transfer just squeezed through before this "hicup" happened.

About 2.00pm this arfternoon, I decided to check on the the happenings that is when I learnt the transfer went through, however the rego ran out today and I can not have a renewal now plane is grounded. You are all correct no time is given for the situation correction.

May be ??????????????? Begining of the end of RAAus as we know it???????????? Me being a bit cynical. Has to be asked.

Regards,

Keith Page.

Rdarby

That was a good buy....You are in my hangar at Ycab...when is the new fox bat coming?....I was speaking to one of the guys who took her up on sunday the day before the new guy came to have a look at it and take it then and there I think. That is a great syndicate..only half of them fly it so you should be able to get it plenty of times...most in the syndicate seem to be really nice guys we usually chat when we are up there at the same time.

Guest czechmate
No humble pie being eaten here. So far the information has been correct.Even says so on the RAA website.

wasn't directed at you Dazza 38! It was directed at doubters of the authenticity of statements that this was in fact going down not to mention the unfortunate name calling.........

I wonder why the notice was put on the RAA site if, come monday everything will be back to normal with the restrictions lifted. They could have not bothered to put anything on the web site as it is Friday. They wouldnt be processing any rego renewals etc anyway until monday. They dont work weekends.

I can answer this myself as I have just been informed. It was decided to post the notice today on the RAA site to give RAA members the heads up. Just a coincidence that it happens to be Friday the end of the working week.

It is highly unlikely that MC would put his name to it, if it is BS.He says he rang them himself.Not 3rd hand information or anything like that.

Just to clarify - my comments were not related to MC, but someone else who would be better off getting some social retraining.

I dont think any public servant has a choice if there is a significant legal issue involved. It would be interesting to know if the issue revolved around the RAA not maintaining some sort of legal requirement...

That also doesn't mean it's true; there's a little parasite that's fond of giving out so-called "inside" information which varies between "just a thought" and outright BS.Of course if it is true then once again where are the leaders?

check the RAAus website and read the news

Just got off the phone tonight with the TM, and all aircraft transfers, renewals and new rego,s are on hold till CASA notify them. Seems the paperwork over the last 5 years or so is up to crap. Seems we better enjoy this weekend of flying it could be the last for a while. :(

As temporary as this may be it is a very sad day for RA Aus administrators, managers and members to have the governing authority step in like this.One can only hope the level of professionalism , accountability and responsibility that resolves this issue is significantly greater and more robust than the levels that existed when this problem was first created.

I wouldn't get the sign writer to do up the "VH" yet but this I hope is the closest we ever get it, watch this space over the coming days....

• Like 1

This thread, on top of the thread with the administration (the huge thread, of which I read every damn post) has me thinking I might need to aim for a VH registred plane. Thank goodness I'm not caught up in this (yet).

• Like 1