Dumb and Dumber (Ultralight crash )

Butch

This was posted a year or more ago. Apparently it was in Slovakia. There are a lot of comments on the You tube original post. Certainly the aircraft are real. The rego on the orange one is OK-PUU 73 & there are 2 POB. Why they didn't see the other aircraft on the runway before entering with that big bubble canopy is just inattention. Why there was no communication & after the orange one pulled over why did the other one hit it. It just beggars belief.

You never know what is going on in other peoples' cockpits.
We went to a popular fly in brekky a couple of weeks ago and arrived about 8:30 am. The airfield has parallel runways, 12-30. All the traffic were using 12 and there was lots of activity. We were number 3 on 12L and there was another aircraft behind us. On 12R I saw atleast two aircraft in circuit, one of which was on final when we were.
As we wererolling out on 12L, I saw an aircraft taking off on 30L against the traffic flow! The radio burst into life with pilots calling the offending aircraft but no response. As I was taxying to the parking area, the miscreant FINALLY made a radio call to turn base on 30L again. I got on the radio and blasted out a “You're going the wrong way!” To try and headoff a disaster.
I never figured out how this moron didn't see all the airplanes landing on two runways in the other direction, nor how he managed to taxypast all the traffic on the taxiways going the other way, nor how he didn't hear all the radio calls announcing everyone's activity. This guy had no business being in the air that morning.

45 minutes ago, cscotthendry said:

You never know what is going on in other peoples' cockpits.
We went to a popular fly in brekky a couple of weeks ago and arrived about 8:30 am. The airfield has parallel runways, 12-30. All the traffic were using 12 and there was lots of activity. We were number 3 on 12L and there was another aircraft behind us. On 12R I saw atleast two aircraft in circuit, one of which was on final when we were.
As we wererolling out on 12L, I saw an aircraft taking off on 30L against the traffic flow! The radio burst into life with pilots calling the offending aircraft but no response. As I was taxying to the parking area, the miscreant FINALLY made a radio call to turn base on 30L again. I got on the radio and blasted out a “You're going the wrong way!” To try and headoff a disaster.
I never figured out how this moron didn't see all the airplanes landing on two runways in the other direction, nor how he managed to taxypast all the traffic on the taxiways going the other way, nor how he didn't hear all the radio calls announcing everyone's activity. This guy had no business being in the air that morning.

That is a classic case where a Compliance and Enforcement system is missing from a self administering organisation. If someone had been on duty as a "marshall" or similar he/she would have sorted out the traffic, and where radio calls were defective arranged for retraining, or in a serious case, a suspension. 

• 1 month later...

1st pilot taxis out onto the runway and see’s the second pilots plane for the first time (as he had his back to him before taxing) stops to decide what to do. So he taxis over to the side of the runway and gives pilot 2 enough room to get by. Pilot 2 finish’s his pre-takeoff checks and looks up but does not see the 1st pilots plane as it is sitting right in the almost setting sun (you can see the long shadows from the 1st pilots plane going straight towards the 2nd pilot so he powers up and starts his t/o roll......

It happens at the best of airports. Watched a baron come in against the flow at YMMB. There had been a change of runway a few minutes before and this guy didn’t get the message. The controller in the tower was yelling “break left! break left!”.

Looks like it could be doctored to me,at 0.46 left wing is just to the rear of cockpit and fin rudder 

suddenly is seen to forced to the right,even though the wing tip is lower than even the horizontal

stabilizer.It then miraculously returns to the vertical.

colin

Edited by coinz
addition
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

I have to agree with coinz - the whole video appears to be a fabrication. The left wing of the aircraft supposedly taking off hits the parked aircraft with enough force to rip a panels off it - yet, when the aircraft spins to the left and circles the parked aircraft, the strobe light is still operating? That'd be the first item to be wiped out.