Site Name...For the last time

Admin

IMPORTANT: What say you in the best name for this site (please read the thread first)  

108 members have voted

1. 1. IMPORTANT: What say you in the best name for this site (please read the thread first)

• Recreational Flying
    • Aircraft Pilots

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because there are Recreational Flying Builders, Mechanics, Painters, Pushers, Clubs, Lookers On, and even a well known Recreational Flying Bolt Supplier.....who has a Motor Bike (but we won't tell him of his mistake).

• Like 1

Because there are Recreational Flying Builders, Mechanics, Painters, Pushers, Clubs, Lookers On, and even a well known Recreational Flying Bolt Supplier.....who has a Motor Bike (but we won't tell him of his mistake).

Aargh come-on, Turbs,,, give the guy a break,,, he's building up to it... Or paring down to it, as the case may be, for from what we've heard, he's busily loosing weight... Let's face it, the Harley isn't causing that to happen. The Harley doesn't give a rip how fat a bloke is... Our Old Man Emu is still a birdman though. It's just that his current chick magnet happens to be flightless...

• Like 1

Ian, when will the poll be closed? [i think it is important that as many Forumites get to have a say in the [i]name change[/i] ...or the Aircraft Pilots status quo].Personally, I hope that it remains Aircraft Pilots. For my reasons, see post #9 above.

I was going to wait and see after 50 votes and determine if there was a clear indicator...we have 57 votes as I write this with a clear majority to Recreational Flying 75% to Aircraft Pilots 25%.

The issue now is timing...best to do any changes from Fri lunch time through to Sunday afternoon so do I wait nearly a week or depending on there being no great change to the voting ratio, do it tonight

Ian, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Thanks DP, but I am seeing a slight change behind the scenes which needs to be nipped in the bud now before it becomes an issue plus I want to put the whole name thing to rest once and for all.

With all these names being bandied about, here is the investment I have made for the site over the years on both Recreational Flying and Aircraft Pilots in terms of domain name registrations:

recreationalflying.com

recreationalflying.net

recreationalflying.com

recreationalflying.ca

recreationalflying.co.nz

recreationalflying.co.za

recreationalflying.co.uk

recreationalflying.us

recreationalflying.org

recreationalflying.net.au

recreationalflying.co

recflying.com.au

recfly.com.au

clearprop.com.au

recreationalflying.com

aircraftpilots.net

recreationalflying.com

aircraftpilots.net.au

aircraftpilots.co.nz

aircraftpilots.ca

aircraftpilots.co.uk

aircraftpilots.us

aircraftpilot.net

aircraftpilot.com.au

aircraftpilot.net.au

aircraftandpilot.com.au

aircraftandpilots.com

aircraftandpilots.com.au

Each one costing say around $25 a year although we will probably go back to the .com.au version of the name instead of .com. You can see the name RecFly in the Recreational Flying list...this was thought to be the name we could use for any flyins that we have...sort of keeps it in line with all the other flyins like NatFly, AusFly, RecFly etc (we are going to have another one of our flyins soon)

Unless something drastic happens, it looks very clearly that we will be going back "home" to Recreational Flying (.com.au)...boy, do I have some apologising to do :peepwall:

Unless something drastic happens, it looks very clearly that we will be going back "home" to Recreational Flying (.com.au)...boy, do I have some apologising to do :peepwall:

No apologising required, Ian. We all know you do what you do with the best intentions at heart. It's still the best site around, whatever it's called!

Cheers

Neil

• Like 1

What's in a name...

There's a brand of soft drink in Malaysia called "Kickapoo" and it seems to sell pretty well, despite the name. I don't think the name matters, as long as the content remains good!

• Like 1

Guest Howard Hughes

Recreational Flying for me, although I can see how Aircraft Pilots would work for International viewership.

For me, I do like Recreational Flying, though i can see the reasoning behind both. As a function of what works best in a search engine, that can be a double edged sword... if I, as a low-hours aspiring RAA learner, were searching for a forum just like this, the name "aircraft pilots" might scare me off... Recreational Flying on the other hand, I would be more likely to jump right in.

That said, I did find this forum via google search, but I think i was looking for something else so wasn't really looking for a forum.

I'm happy either way, but will vote for Rec.

Guest Howard Hughes
That said, I did find this forum via google search, but I think i was looking for something else so wasn't really looking for a forum.

Me too, I was searching for an aircraft type (can't even remember which one) and came across multiple entries for this site.012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

I have to tell you Ian, I've heard several times, from different people. "Hey Wayne, did you see such and such post on Rec Flying last night? Or whatever it's called this month..." I concede the comments are neither accurate or fair, but they do highlight the perception.

• Like 1

Thank you to everyone that voted in the poll and posted your comments...it has helped a great deal in ascertaining what you want from your site.

I have to admit even though Aircraft Pilots was my choice, Recreational Flying has always had sentimental value, especially with the Australian extension of .com.au.

Now we just need to put all this behind us and get on with making Recreational Flying (.com.au) the great Australian recreational aviation community that it has always been (I promise to behave myself now throw_tomato.gif.8a27f69a28c208ea05bc7ad066007de8.gif)