RAAus General Meeting Called

Guest airsick

But can l make a suggestion that a member well versed in the constitution (preferably a legal type) be able to intervene on members behalf about the running of the meeting and ensure that qeustions and answers are delt with correctly.l would almost suggest a recording of the meeting be made with all aware it is being so, just so nothing gets lost in the minutes.

The "chair person" should be made aware that a eye is kept on procedings and it is expected that all parties adhere to the\ there constitional duties.

regards Bruce

I certainly intend to have a copy of the constitution and by-laws in hand at the meeting....I am far from a "legal type" outback.gif.91986d60389f6b0a565fa0f2980da0a8.gif but I have lost count the number of times I have read that damn constitution. insane.gif.b56be3c4390e84bce5e5e6bf4f69a458.gif

From what I read here the impression I get is that there will be several people attending who are very well versed in the constitution and highly experienced in meeting procedures.

Number 9 in Andy's list above is a big one for me. Providing financials to the membership in a timely manner is not optional, or a matter of convenience. It is required by law. I believe this should taken further and the appropriate authorities informed. It really irked me when the "president" said in the RAA magazine they would "try harder" in the future as if it was a favour they were doing for the membership.

• Like 3

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dethroned? Where did that come from?

I just want some answers.

Why can't RA-Aus meet it's most basic obligations? What happened? What is being done to ensure we meet these in future?

I am most unimpressed that we need a GM to get answers from our representatives.

dodo

Guest Andys@coffs
Hi Andy, I agree with all of your groups point except no. 13. Why does your group think it is unprofessional refusing to give priority to importers and manufacturers. Do you think they are more deserving than ordinary members who's registration has expired? They are in it to make a buck, i am in it toenjoy flying, I pay my registration and membership and i was grounded for 2 months. How long does your group think i should wait while importers and manufacturers get priority? I realise the may contribute to natfly ect. but if the rest of us have to line up behind them for reg. renewal they may be the

only ones there.

Brian

everyone will see it differently, but for me those who use RAAus to put the vegemite on the table such as flying instructors or some importers need renewal before i do. Me not flying is a pain, the family needing government support to subsist is very much a different thing. Now like everything in life its not black and white there are probably well off instructors and importers and there are probably those that have days to weeks of reserves in the bank not months to years.

in thinking about it its a bit like labour vs liberal. If there was only one answer there would need be only one party

Andy

Guest Andys@coffs
If there was a secret agenda, would you know about it? [Or would it be a secret?] 033_scratching_head.gif.b541836ec2811b6655a8e435f4c1b53a.gif

Im among a group of less than fingers and toes in size. based on the last AGM i would see that 200 to 300 people plus proxys wouldn't be unexpected. Perhaps more, what we have now is unprecedented so it really remains to be seen. So i cant speak for other than me and those that I'm with of like mind. No secret agendas with us, and certainly nothing more than has been posted about here over the last few months. Others will have to speak for themselves.

as to the question of dethroning and what next..... We'll known that when we have answers to our questions and can digest and determine.

Remember not everything has to be decided right now, we have another GM available to us 6wks after this one at Natfly, enough time to be timely and considered, and close enough that in the overall scheme of things it wont matter and we will fully comply with the ACT act that our association and constitution is based on.

Andy

Well if there was ever impetus to attend the GM, Gavin Thobavin has just provided it. Go to the thread

T/port available & Proxies for RAAus Meeting

http://www.recreationalflying.com/threads/t-port-available-proxies-for-raaus-meeting.55280/page-2#post-269395

and see what has just been posted by Andy Saywell , an email exchange between him, the board and Gavin Thobavin ... mind boggling.

Andy's point 13 certainly polarises views. One person's rights over another, foreign products over Australian etc any view/point looses a certain value when politicised. Probably not intentional but has a negative effect just the same.

Frank

For everyones info the secretary has arranged for audio (PA System) at the meeting including recording I believe. Best that members confirm that for themselves on the day but that is my understanding.

For everyones info the secretary has arranged for audio (PA System) at the meeting including recording I believe. Best that members confirm that for themselves on the day but that is my understanding.

Nice, but will the recording of proceedings be filed away by the executive for their own future reference? We'd like to be able to get a copy to hear at our club debriefing after the meeting. (Hope there are more than one recordings set up, so there is a chance that members will be able to get a copy)

We just need to move a motion from the floor that the recording of the meeting be made available to any member so requesting within 7 days of the request.

But of course if Gavin Thobavin has his way, we wont be able to raise that motion from the floor because it hasn't been put 'on notice' to the members 14 days in advance of the meeting.

This is just one simple example of how absurd his proposed unconstitutional motion is .... if he gets his way, the only motion from the floor will be his of course ????????

How would Gavin be able to say that "HIS" motion has been communicated to ALL members in the required timeframe?. A bit of anticipated legal support must be prepared. This is a silly concept reminiscent of the "unfinancial" allegation against members at the last "confrontation". Pathetic as it is, it must be dealt with. Nev

• Like 4

How would Gavin be able to say that "HIS" motion has been communicated to ALL members in the required timeframe?. A bit of anticipated legal support must be prepared. This is a silly concept reminiscent of the "unfinancial" allegation against members at the last "confrontation". Pathetic as it is, it must be dealt with. Nev

Nev,

In order for Gavin's motion to be given 'on notice' to the members, it would have to be in our mail boxes by today (14 days before the start of the meeting). The notice would need to have been sent by the secretary along with proxy forms with the motion 'on notice' printed on the proxy forms.

I don't know about you folks, but my mail has already been delivered today, and there was nothing in the mail from RA Aus, only another proxy form from another RA Aus member......

So for all his pontification and outrageously aggressive behaviour, Gavin has failed to do what he has accused us of not doing, alleging that we should have put ALL motions on notice.

No notices from RAA in either my PO Box or mail box.

No email response from either Gavin or Eugene in response to my, IMHO, polite emails

<sigh>

I did get my ASIC though. Some pleasant exchanges with the staff with Christmas slowing down otherwise prompt service. 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

• Like 1

How many people are grounding their flying school to attend this meeting I wonder... I know the Goulburn school is going to have to shut the doors on the busiest day of the week in order to attend.

Hope my post above is not confusing not sure how i did that.

I got it, Brian. 025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif

It is simply the pragmatic approach to take because the financial risk of letting down the importers and manufacturers is immediate and severe. RAAus already has enough damage control operations running - either in the courts or potential/pending - and individual members will not be well served if the whole show goes broke.

kaz

Nothing in my mailbox either. I have heard that it was only going to be posted today, hence we will not see it until next Thursday or Friday, that is only a few days before the meeting and does not comply with the 14 days clear notice to the membership.

We don't know what was sent to us either.

Was it just the change of venue?

Was it the missing proxy form?

Is there a motion on notice? Is so that notice is outside of the constitutional guidelines and will be deemed null and void.

I see the change of venue is on the RA-Aus website. Great to see there.

So I wonder which clown from the circus forgot to make sure that the proxy forms came out with the last magazine ?

That is if they did forget, my memory is not as good as it used to be but if I was the secretary I doubt if I would forget about having to do that. It is not like there has been no opportunity to post them out since the magazine came out.

Brianeveryone will see it differently, but for me those who use RAAus to put the vegemite on the table such as flying instructors or some importers need renewal before i do. Me not flying is a pain, the family needing government support to subsist is very much a different thing. Now like everything in life its not black and white there are probably well off instructors and importers and there are probably those that have days to weeks of reserves in the bank not months to years.

in thinking about it its a bit like labour vs liberal. If there was only one answer there would need be only one party

Andy

Andy, I think that every member in this situation should be dealt with as their rego expires weather they make a living from other raa members or not, but

after reading the email from Gavin, this issue doesn't seem as important at the moment as sorting out other issues in feb. and hopefully getting rid of

tossers like him from the board.

• Like 2