My first solo in a light aircraft

This is a video of me going solo after a short check flight with my instructor, which was filmed and edited by my dad. I went solo after 10hrs of powered training and 30 hours of gliding. Just like when I went solo in a glider, it was an incredible experience to have and I'm sure I'll be doing it for some time!

• Like 12
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 6

What a great thing to see a young person who appears to be able to handle an aircraft so nicely and with the right level of confidence. Thumbs up must go to her family for supporting her to fulfil her dreams. Good stuff Sabrina.

• Agree 2

This is a video of me going solo after a short check flight with my instructor, which was filmed and edited by my dad. I went solo after 10hrs of powered training and 30 hours of gliding. Just like when I went solo in a glider, it was an incredible experience to have and I'm sure I'll be doing it for some time!

PERRRRFEECT!!!!

Well done Sabrina I bet your dad is very proud and you picked a great aircraft to do it in.

My dad was there to watch my first solo(and I am 47), and nearly every pre-flight along the way, it is pretty special to see how proud he was when I came back in, I bet your dad looked just as proud. Not sure I would have been as calm as you about having a video running for the whole thing though.

I agree with all the comments - well done Sabrina!

Brings back memories of my first solo - totally unexpected at 6 hours (think they changed the rules the next year, this would be 1990!) - was just doing touch and go's, the instructor told me to come to a full stop, he jumped out and said "Off you go!"

I remember 2 things... the aircraft (C172) seemed to leap into the air without the weight of the instructor, and I couldn't get the grin off my face when I landed.

So treasure the memory and enjoy flying!