Man killed in Qld gyrocopter crash

Guest Crezzi

I knew Ted well, go back many yrs, he lived Mt Isa for many yrs, then about 7 yrs ago relocated back near Brizy way, had a small acreage there.

He designed / built many gyros, he flew them with such skill. How this has happened bewilds me.

Sad news indeed, sad news.

Russell Cook

• Like 1

I knew Ted well, go back many yrs, he lived Mt Isa for many yrs, then about 7 yrs ago relocated back near Brizy way, had a small acreage there.He designed / built many gyros, he flew them with such skill. How this has happened bewilds me.

Sad news indeed, sad news.

Russell Cook[/quote

Sincerely sorry for the loss, Russ

Kaz

Without pre-empting the inquiry, this factor will have to be investigated:

"As a result of the crash a spot fire started which quickly developed up the steep hills here and with the dry wind that we have got at the moment it's flamed fairly intensely."

Doesn't take much for the best of us to get caught out.

OME

Ok, to stop ongoing inputs as to the "why " .....

Was not machine, environment, or....pilot error. The reason was pre documented .

( guys, seek a best mate, and if needed talk, really talk )

I'm done on this matter. ( damn, what a horrible day )

• Informative 4

Ok, to stop ongoing inputs as to the "why " .....Was not machine, environment, or....pilot error. The reason was pre documented .

( guys, seek a best mate, and if needed talk, really talk )

Oh f*ck. That's kicked my guts in. What more can I say?

OME

I'm with you Russ. I posted earlier but it didn't appear. When something like this happens to someone we know we always wonder '"what could I have done IF I had known". . I have a situation I won't get over easily and I must, as you must. Nev .

The simple truth is that it is almost impossible to know. The signs may be obvious in hindsight but by then it is to late. As Russ says talk to your mates and everyone needs to get onto the RUOK campaign. Just once a day or even once a week grab hold of a mate look him/her in the eyes and ask R U Ok. When you are 1 on 1 and looking into there eyes you may just see a glimpse. We may never stop it but we will know we did our best an sometimes not knowing that you tried can make it so much harder for those of us left behind.

So guys and girls RUOk and if you are then ask a mate and if you aren't then tell one.

Cheers Geoff13.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

Same guy......he and sheryl separated few yrs back .

Geoff.......spot on pal.

Life is becoming more and more hectic...........newspapers, TV, daily dramas / violence. Now we got road rage, just to name another .

Job insecurity, kids and drugs, it's just relentless.

There are/ is, a friend of yours out there......not coping.......talk, talk...RUOK

He/ she may need you, that eyeball RUOK just might open the door.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

I have little faith in the RUOK campaign, all it is, is feel good talk for so some people can feel like they've contributed without actually having to do anything.

Separation, the Family Law Court and the Child Support Agency are seriously implicated in the deaths of many people. We can all ask "RUOK" until the cows come home, nothing will change until there is a degree of fairness in the pox that we have as a justice system. Everyone is keen to jump on the "violence against women" campaign, but the reality is violence has no gender, and a good portion of that violence (not always physical) is dished out by our supposed fairer sex and supported by the Family Court.

I would like to say sorry for the rant, but as soon as I saw the post mentioning separation, it hit home, and there is no sorrow for standing up and trying to expose the truth about our useless systems.

• Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Winner 2

Blokes don't talk unless drawn out. It isn't enough to listen, what a bloke needs is someone who will listen and then say that you are a good person, that you have tried to do the right thing, and that the situation you are placed in is unfair. Even if you can't remedy the financial and child access unfairness, just having someone to support you side would make all the difference. It is still bottled up, for me, 25 years later. This is response to M6, may have nothing to do with the subject of this thread.

• Like 2

There are multiple types of depression, some reactive, like losing a loved one, but others are involuntary, which only a professional can treat, and even then, only with medication, so while the above ideas can be good, nothing beats making an appointment with a psychologist if things aren't improving with talk.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1

Turbs , Have you found out what this costs? The idea is good, but in practice it creates more issues , if you have been injured by criminal acts and are already massively out of pocket. If no prosecution has happened no money flows. A serious offender threatens all witnesses and no statements are forthcoming. Nev

Involuntary depression is a medical condition, and I believe covered by Medibank, but there are other State support systems which don't cost anything up to and including regular contact and mentoring.

The best starting point I would recommend is Beyond Blue.

The starting point is recognizing that you have a problem. As it is with PTSD and a hundred other problems. If the RUOK campaign can help one of my people do that then it is ok in my book. I just wish every day that I had asked my parents that question but I didn't and now I live with it every day of my life. Ask my daughter if she wishes she had asked any one of the 5 kids who finished high school with her and are now gone and you will get the same comment. If I see someone doing it hard I don't care if I know them or not but if they look to me as if they could be doing it hard I will ask them, and I will do it again and again and again. It is not meant to be a cure or to prevent the problems from happening it is just something that may trigger someone who is on the brink to talk and ask for help.

Suicide is a terrible thing. It leaves those left behind forever asking themselves what they did wrong , or what they missed, or what they could have done. Do yourselves a favor and ask your friends at least then if you miss the signs you may be able to rest easier knowing that you tried. 12 years on I still ask myself why and what did I miss?

Cheers Geoff13

• Helpful 1