RAAus new website/members portal

Head in the clouds

Thanks for info. Tried both addresses straight into address line. Internet connection is via Mobile broadband as we do not have landline ADSL in this area. Get a message "cannot establish a secure connection". Will talk with RAAus next week.Many thanks for your suggestions.

Mike

What device and operating system, try resetting the device, the modem/router and google how to clear the cache...if its apple, make usre you update to the latest update as apple often get this warning... sounds to me its more an issue with your device than the website. Google your device types and that warning message to find solutions eg iphone 6 safari cant establish a secure connection or Samsung XYZ cant establish a secure connection

The website is using https:// which requires a secure connection and your device is not letting it do so.... our devices are, so its not the website, its your device. and you will probably find its happening with many websites on https:// not all but lots. try some others websites that have https:// eg facebook etc

If your on a non mac you can try very temporarily disabling any antivirus and firewall programs running

Check your Anti-virus setup for any sort of 'Web-Shielding' and try turning it off. Especially Avast.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What device and operating system, try resetting the device, the modem/router and google how to clear the cache...if its apple, make usre you update to the latest update as apple often get this warning... sounds to me its more an issue with your device than the website. Google your device types and that warning message to find solutions eg iphone 6 safari cant establish a secure connection or Samsung XYZ cant establish a secure connectionThe website is using https:// which requires a secure connection and your device is not letting it do so.... our devices are, so its not the website, its your device. and you will probably find its happening with many websites on https:// not all but lots. try some others websites that have https:// eg facebook etc

If your on a non mac you can try very temporarily disabling any antivirus and firewall programs running

Check your Anti-virus setup for any sort of 'Web-Shielding' and try turning it off. Especially Avast.

DrZoos, many thanks for your suggestions. My IPad is working normally. The phones which will not connect are both Android (Samsung and HTC). Both give same report i.e. cannot establish a secure connection. Both phones operate normally on Facebook, and all our other https sites. Will keep trying including a Google search as you suggest. Again many thanks.

Mike

DrZoos, many thanks for your suggestions. My IPad is working normally. The phones which will not connect are both Android (Samsung and HTC). Both give same report i.e. cannot establish a secure connection. Both phones operate normally on Facebook, and all our other https sites. Will keep trying including a Google search as you suggest. Again many thanks.Mike

In that case I would suggest you could try a few things...

Check the system date and time in your device...

Then make sure your android version is the latest available for that phone...

Then if you are running a third party virus protection...temporarily turn it off and be safe while its off in terms of clicking on email links and website links

Try connceting to raa website...

If the above fails then try this:

It may also be a corrupt host file...eg the file raa puts on your phone and since raa has made lots of changes and requires a secure connection it might be rejecting it. Google how to delete host file on HTC ______ device

See http://androidadvices.com/fix-establish-reliable-data-connection-server-error-android/

and read comments

If all that fails

1. Turn off wifi and internet data connections of any sort in Settings. Then completely power phone off. Turn phone back on...wait a while 5min plus then turn mobile data on only / not wifi...test connection to raa website... if it works , then try it on wifi....

2. If both those fail i suggest it is more likely related to your service provider and or APN settings.... you could try restoring APN settings to default or calling your service provider

If your htc and samsung are on different service providers, its unlikely to be the service provider unless they are piggy backing each other...eg Aldi uses Telstra etc

If say your HTC is on Telstra and your Samsung is on Optus then I would suggest its more likely your phone settings not the provider.

Right now my number one suspect would be the host files are possibly corrupt.

Great advice Dr Zoo. As a last resort, and this is what I often do, is turn off any backup of your settings like google etc and restore phone to factory settings then try and connect using the phone in default. If that works then start adding your apps etc back into the phone and often checking that you can still connect to RAAus. If something is causing the issue then you will have a better idea with what you have installed that may be causing the issue.

• Like 1

They send out the renewal to the registered owner. I couldn't find the fees.

From the website.

"Approximately six weeks before an aircraft registration expires, RAAus sends out renewal information to the registered owner. Following the date of registration expiry, if no renewal has been received by RAAus, a letter will issued advising that the aircraft registration has expired and the aircraft is not to be flown until the registration is renewed.

For your convenience, your member portal has a list of dates of relevant renewals. Please check your dashboard for your renewal dates.

Regardless of notification from RAAus it is the registered owner of the aircraft who is ultimately responsible for managing and renewing their aircraft registration.

Total hours flown and total landings are required at each registration renewal."

That's nice BUT my aircraft has been out of current reg for 6 years while I was busy doing other things ... and as there is now NO form available to reregister AND the list of full fees is now AWOL on the site the result is I have to call the office to even find out the amount to pay ... and that is 100% opposite of self service the portal is intended to provide.

I really want the portal to work and the logic behind the existence of it is really good - but frankly the execution of it looks pretty piss poor

Then you wouldn't want a registration renewal as that would be to renew current registration.

Yours would be unregistered and would therefore require an application to register. They are on the website for all categories.

Can't help you with the fees sorry that might take an email or a phone call. Either one wouldn't hurt anyway if you feel the website is not providing what you need.

It is a new resource after all and will have teething troubles. They can't be expected to fix it unless they get told about it.

• Agree 1

Then you wouldn't want a registration renewal as that would be to renew current registration.Yours would be unregistered and would therefore require an application to register. They are on the website for all categories.

Can't help you with the fees sorry that might take an email or a phone call. Either one wouldn't hurt anyway if you feel the website is not providing what you need.

It is a new resource after all and will have teething troubles. They can't be expected to fix it unless they get told about it.

nope its still registered ie on the register - and its not a transfer so its a renewal - and as its 95.10 its just a form and cash - no inspection or weighing etc - been there had all variations on this theme of argument with two different tech managers over the past 20 yrs and i am correct that its cash and form only - neither are visible on the site now and they were on the old one :-/.

• Caution 1

Kasper, i cant directly answer your comcern, but often removing clutter for outlyng irregular items makes the user experience for the vast majority of transaction a hundred times more streamlined...

It may have been removed deliberately dor user experience or operational necesity.

Apart from the IT issues on speed/load and rendering the actual portal is really quite a nicely laid out and accessible access point to my data.And whilst the look and feel is good start it does show me as a member for the first time just how crap the data RAA hold is and that there are a few gaps in the migration of data from old to new - apparently I do not do much flying (and an interesting sort order on the display):

[ATTACH=full]39000[/ATTACH]

And the ratings/endorsements etc are equally fun - apparently I got my L1 10 years after my licence, never held an L2, never did any instructing and never added group B aircraft ... so apparently I am not legit flying weightshift even though my certificate has the endorsement on it - but theses are all teething troubles and I have pinged an email to RAA to ask them to take a look.

Overall - a damn good start and a massive improvement over what apparently the RAA office were trying to deal with

Update:

RAA office seem to have responded to the emails and have made changes to the backend database to address some of the issues - I got my missing L2 and weightshift aircraft grouping back overnight. Still some really odd and incorrect dates on stuff but at least some of the migration errors are being addressed.

Guest Maj Millard

Spoke with office Friday......over 20,000 items of data already migrated to new website....much more to come...delay in getting passwords to members held up by non- updating of Emails by members over the years. If you have an outdated Email address on file please call office and correct. Otherwise all is proceeding well.

... and I remember telling your predecessors that using the email address as a login for the RAA portal would have saved you a lot of grief. Its a standard practice across the internet.

A few months ago you could have forced everyone to do a password change which would have flushed out the people with bad email addresses.

Typical RAA eh? I'm guessing there is no online form for reporting errors and omissions, all has to be done over the phone

in the overall scheme of things probably not but that's not the point. Its about saving time and money.

It also seems a bit weird to be still importing data on a live system, what happens when someone updates a detail and the data import wipes it?

but its the RAA right?

Yeah does seem strange you'd go live with a database that isn't yet complete, but maybe members without the complete import haven't been given access yet. My email is up to date and not had anything yet. Just hope the members portal isn't been used yet to meet the constitutional requirements (notices to me members etc) until all members have access...now where are those board minutes?

Guest Andys@coffs

rolling migration is not uncommon......as long as those members who are live on the system have all their records migrated across then what does it matter if member X is not yet on the system. Its only an issue if my aircraft was sold to him, or visa versa and that can be fixed at the time it occurs by taking X live perhaps before he otherwise would have been.

FT does have a point about email address being used as username......but I personally expect that its no major issue, I would expect everyone that is on here discussing not yet having their credentials is unlikely to have RAAus with an incorrect email address. I recall being told that the mailouts were succeeding in 93% of the provided email addresses....Id be surprised if its degraded so much since then.

I do wonder what 20,000 means....if its current members and current aircraft then its about 5,000 overstated......if its current members and all aircraft current or not then its about right except that we should all have credentials by now....if its all members in history as well as current and all aircraft then I'd wonder what the total number is at the end so I can guess as to whether we are 1/3 or 1/2 or almost done....cant tell unless the unit of measure is provided.

But, all that said, my renewal isn't for some time yet so there is no hurry to get me on the system...I would have expected that those with a renewal looming would have been prioritised over other members so that the office can start to realise the efficiencies of the new system asap.

Andy