Ozkosh at Narromine

derekliston

Big old Bellman on highway side.........ummm next to Hanger 13. All airside buildings are labelled anti clockwise around aerodrome.

Whole place is pretty wet, hopefully better by end of the week.

No one expect hardstand parking and be cautious where tarmac meets the grass.

No parking there I expect unless renting hanger spot

• Informative 1

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I plan to be there each day but staying in a motel in Dubbo due no accom in YNRM and getting a bit too old and creaky for camping (and treking to the loo in the middle of the night!) hurry_up.gif.177b070ad0fed9378055f023fbf484f7.gif

• Helpful 1

Here's the whole notice Jet ! .... Bob

An update on Oz-Kosh

The organisers of Oz-Kosh wish to advise all members and patrons of the following change to air display times. The air display scheduled on Saturday will now commence at 11:30am instead of 10:00am. Conclusion of the display will still be at 1:00pm.

The start of the display has been delayed due to the popularity of this year's event and the organisers wanting to allow for additional time for members to arrive on Saturday morning.

We are expecting almost 200 arrivals on Saturday morning, it will certainly be a spectacle.

With so many people flying in, you may experience more traffic than you are used to. It will be important that you remember to listen to the radio, keep an active lookout, and maintain situational awareness. Pilots flying in are also encouraged to put in place reminders to cancel their SARTIME.

• Like 1

How much is "appropriate" Dutch?

If you're not flying the next day, "appropriate" is to the point of either

1) becoming extremely entertaining, or

2) falling asleep

.......whichever comes first.

If you're flying the next day, keep it to a couple of quiet ones and a good night's sleep!

004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

Sorry no longer have the separate hanger - but theres plenty of places to meetTheres a shady grass area to the south of Hanger 14

Weather looking great, see wxcam located ~ 3nm east of field

http://avmet.nz/ynrm/

Take the wx info with grain of salt - not accurate

The 30 knot westerly predicted by windyty is going to be a pain, swings north 35kt late Sunday. Not sure how many of us on the north coast nsw will be able to make it

The 30 knot westerly predicted by windyty is going to be a pain, swings north 35kt late Sunday. Not sure how many of us on the north coast nsw will be able to make it

Pain for you maybe, godsend for me. Just flew a Savannah from WA to narromine in 18 hrs flight time with that westerly all the way, yeeha! Nobody there yet.

• Like 5
  • Winner 2

Pain for you maybe, godsend for me. Just flew a Savannah from WA to narromine in 18 hrs flight time with that westerly all the way, yeeha! Nobody there yet.

That is huge - how many stops Rick? Any issues?

That is huge - how many stops Rick? Any issues?

No problems at all. Usually 3 stops per day, one refuelling. Cruising with about 115 kts average groundspeed every day. Bit of shitty low cloud first day departing, but perfect after that. Glorious weather today here at Narromine.

• Like 2

Going out looks OK....The flight home (Tooradin, Vic. ) on Sunday looks horrible, Great tailwind all the way But a 20 something knot Northerly will whip up bad turbulance in the lee of the hills. So coming in on 04 with bad turbulance is BAD news....My only option is ( I think ) is to leave here lunchtime Friday and get going home Saturday after lunch. Makes it a short stay doesn't it?

I had planned to fly into Narromine & camp under my wing. Now I'm not able to fly in, I still want to camp - but not at $300 for a night!!

Is there any kind soul who is flying in under whose wing I could camp for the night? More than willing to pay the $10! Plus a beer, of course.

If so I would be most grateful if you'd message me - thanks muchly.

Bruce

I had planned to fly into Narromine & camp under my wing. Now I'm not able to fly in, I still want to camp - but not at $300 for a night!!Is there any kind soul who is flying in under whose wing I could camp for the night? More than willing to pay the $10! Plus a beer, of course.

If so I would be most grateful if you'd message me - thanks muchly.

Bruce

We are paying $30 a night for a powered site.