Census night

Admin

Hi all, just a quick reminder that it is Tuesday 9th August...Census Night. Don't forget to fill in your census form tonight which provides the valuable information needed to move the country forward

• Like 2

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the UK many-Many years ago, A lot, I mean an awful lot of people put their religion as.

Religion = Television,

The only time they see "religion" was on sunday TV.

spacesailor

I would fill it in, but predictably I continually fail to get in to the site as the system cannot handle the load and they are too cheapskate to buy a system capable of handling millions of concurrent users....

• Like 1

I would fill it in, but predictably I continually fail to get in to the site as the system cannot handle the load and they are too cheapskate to buy a system capable of handling millions of concurrent users....

Neil

Interesting that I logged in at 7.30 this evening and straight through no glitches at all, my opinion very well done to the ABS.

Aldo

Maybe if we had NBN it would have worked better LOL. I am 8 klms from the centre of Brisbane and am relying on Wireless Home Broadband with a download speed of less 3 bps, because we cannot get ADSL2 or NBN.

What a frigging joke. Just wait till the pricks send out the fine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Maybe if we had NBN it would have worked better LOL. I am 8 klms from the centre of Brisbane and am relying on Wireless Home Broadband with a download speed of less 3 bps, because we cannot get ADSL2 or NBN.What a frigging joke. Just wait till the pricks send out the fine.

Geoff

I live 370 km from the centre of Brisbane but yes I do have ADSL2 we will never get NBN as it is not being made available to us. If you wait until the fine gets sent you will have to pay as you are able to fill out the manual form that was delivered to you household with the envelope to mail back. I would not suggest trying to fight the fine as you have two ways to complete the forms.

Aldo

Nope never got a manual option.

Then how did you get your log in code? Ours came on a census form (front page) with all the remaining pages behind it to fill in if you didn't want to do it online.

Aldo

• Agree 1

Many complaining that they completed their form but could not save the data. You have until 23 Sept, so there's no hurry. Tried contacting their help line, left a query, told they would get back to me when they could. As long as the data is "As at 9.08.16" there's plenty of time. Was always going to be like this.

GeoffI live 370 km from the centre of Brisbane but yes I do have ADSL2 we will never get NBN as it is not being made available to us. If you wait until the fine gets sent you will have to pay as you are able to fill out the manual form that was delivered to you household with the envelope to mail back. I would not suggest trying to fight the fine as you have two ways to complete the forms.

Aldo

Then how did you get your log in code? Ours came on a census form (front page) with all the remaining pages behind it to fill in if you didn't want to do it online.Aldo

We got one single page login and it only arrived yesterday. We have have little to no home internet since moving here 4 weeks ago. I spent 2 hours on the phone to optus tech support tonight.

Same in Sydney'

In Toongabbie we are being missed, but around us the other suburbs are getting NBN, yes I do have ADSL. we will never get NBN, as it's political.

Our census paper only gave the code & internet address & no paper copy. Filled in yesterday!, by internet very quick.

spacesailor

• Informative 1

$9m contract to IBM to run the online census, no sign of any DDOS activity in australia last night, so I guess you can put that down to IBM, who will undoubtedly get more contracts from the government.

Because the libs only promote on merit.

• Like 1

I'm sure the media would be pleased to see your evidence in relation to the lack of DDOS activity, given that all and sundry have already gone on record claiming that it did occur. I await imminent vision of egg-smeared visages.....