Plane crash at Yarram Victoria

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just more soggy; nothing to do with today's events.

Turbo

I have found that as well very sloppy at low speed (feels like you have no authority) not sure that was the problem in this case though.

Allan

• Winner 1

The addition of that large ventral fin caused some J170's to operate , depending on loading pattern , toward their rear C of G , which would account for any 'mushiness' . Not suggesting that this in any way contributed to the accident. And, just as we were doing so well ! ..... Bob. G' day Aldo 026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif

Hey Bob yes it is sad to see this especially as we have been going well. I hope everything is well with you, all is good up here and we have just added a 206 Jet Ranger Helo to the fleet. Selwyn picked it up about 3 weeks ago and currently has about 35 hours training under his belt so another few weeks and he should be off on his own.

Allan

• Helpful 1

The addition of that large ventral fin caused some J170's to operate , depending on loading pattern , toward their rear C of G , which would account for any 'mushiness' . Not suggesting that this in any way contributed to the accident. And, just as we were doing so well ! ..... Bob. G' day Aldo 026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif

Who told you that? When I did the 'upgrade' that is, installed that large ugly fin at the back, I did a new calculation on the CoG. I would say everybody did this.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1
  • Caution 1

Yes , Yarram is only a few hours from here but Darren is doing it, so I can relax ! I recall that the 206 had a good name, and its presence in that huge hangar will certainly add to the mix . We often talk ,with a little envy I might add , about that tremendous setup you have there ..... Bob

Who told you that? When I did the 'upgrade' that is, installed that large ugly fin at the back, I did a new calculation on the CoG. I would say everybody did this.

I recall reading it somewhere , I'll see if I can locate it ..... Bob

The modification hadn't been done to this one when I was flying it; I was gettinbg the helicopter rotor effect in gusty quartering winds, which was a reeal thrill.

• Like 1

I think he was still in it; one news service pixelated the photos.

They could have been cutting him out, declared it useless and did no more til the Coroner arrived?

Would this be the first Jab fatality in Oz?

Jabiru Service Bulletin 029-2, para 5.3, issued July 2015 ...... Bob