E&LAAA

coljones

Interesting that the entity is a Proprietary Limited company.

If the intent is to provide a competing service to RAAus, I guess those who use its services won't have any say In its operation, policy or manuals. Its shareholders and directors will also be entitled to payment from profits. Good luck with the latter.

• 2 weeks later...

Reading the above posts you all seem to be correct. they do need a website. they have a facebook page, but I havn't used facebook and I see on a post somewhere else thatit is low on information.

I did go to what I suppose was the launch at Thangool fly in.

It is a limited company and that will prevent a lot of the angst that happens on this site with RAAus. Their reason for starting up was the poor performance of RAAus, they think pilots deserve better

I have met all 5 directors of the company and they seem to me to be capable of doing what they set out to do.

I have known 3 of them for some time and one of them for many years. They have a lot of experience of ultralight flying, training and safety measures. The other two I only met at the fly in but they impressed me with their knowledge and ability.

I am seriously considering changing over, but there are a lot of questions to be asked. I anticipate that the answers will be satisfactory.

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

From their facebook page (bad spelling in theirs):-

the following information is for public disemination now. ELAAA Pty Ltd Rick PARKS CEO, Myles BRIETKREUTZ Managing Director, Keith PAGE Managing Director and Kevin PATTERSON Managing Director.

• Informative 4

From their facebook page (bad spelling in theirs):-the following information is for public disemination now. ELAAA Pty Ltd Rick PARKS CEO, Myles BRIETKREUTZ Managing Director, Keith PAGE Managing Director and Kevin PATTERSON Managing Director.

Well this will be an interesting ride folks.

Best of good fortune to them. God knows they will need plenty of it. Long live competition for competing services. Not sure how they can offer competing services though.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

From their facebook page (bad spelling in theirs):-the following information is for public disemination now. ELAAA Pty Ltd Rick PARKS CEO, Myles BRIETKREUTZ Managing Director, Keith PAGE Managing Director and Kevin PATTERSON Managing Director.

Should be interesting right from the start with more than one managing director, not sure how that works.

• Agree 1

Should be interesting right from the start with more than one managing director, not sure how that works.

Keith might have to be a little less obtuse in his posts now he is running a private business and no doubt looking for a profit.

Kaz

• Like 3
  • Agree 7

With 1 CEO & 3 (edited...mod) managing directors, I wonder how they will break a deadlock should there be a disagreement within the Board? I can understand why they didn't go with just 3, the irony of risking shouts of "Troika! " from the masses would not have escaped them. 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

• Haha 1

The Chairman may have a casting vote IF TIED. It's gentlemanly to stick with the Status Quo under those circumstances, and vote accordingly. That makes a lot of sense. I think we need more gentlemen (or the equivalent femme title. Not women of caliber either). Big Bore.

Well we have all the "Chiefs" have to get some Indians, and keep them happy.

Ah! Keeping pilots happy...... Definition of an impossibility. Nev

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

The Chairman may have a casting vote IF TIED. It's gentlemanly to stick with the Status Quo under those circumstances, and vote accordingly. That makes a lot of sense. I think we need more gentlemen (or the equivalent femme title. Not women of caliber either). Big Bore.Well we have all the "Chiefs" have to get some Indians, and keep them happy.

Ah! Keeping pilots happy...... Definition of an impossibility. Nev

True, and if the CEO doesn't normally have a vote then the deadlock situation doesn't arise and it's early days yet so they might be planning to appoint more MD's and solve the problem that way.

Nev, I think the word you're looking for is Directorettes said he ducking for cover.

• Haha 1

With 1 CEO & 4 managing directors, I wonder how they will break a deadlock should there be a disagreement within the Board? I can understand why they didn't go with just 3, the irony of risking shouts of "Troika! " from the masses would not have escaped them. 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

Well frankly it will come down to their memorandum and articles - and as a private Pty Ltd they will remain confidential to the members of the company.

And as to how it works in many Pty Ltd companies is that the CEO is also a director - and with 5 votes you have the ability to ordinarily agree a majority decision ... and in some Pty Ltd companies the chairman of the board will have a second casting vote for instances where there are equal numbers of votes either way.

Again, it's all down to the company and they way they choose to govern themselves.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

They each have different responsibilities and from what I see of them they will get agreement amongst themselves. They are experienced in aviation and have been involved with AUF and RAAus so they know what they have to do.

• Like 1

I have a feeling that this new group will succeed. If the aircraft are VH registered as appears to be the case then I am sure controlled airspace access will be available subject to transponder requirements etc.

I know there are regular meetings between CASA Sport Aviation section and the NZ CAA. Controlled airspace is avbl to NZ Pilot Cert Holders. There are two organisations running side by side in NZ with a much smaller aviation sector numbers wise than here in Aus so I am sure another well run organisation could exist. We will see.

I will be very interested in what the deal will be for owner-maintenance.It really is a worry to me that the RAAus do not seem to be placing any priority on seeing this ( owner maintenance) promoted.

Those that have competence will self select. There are those that can't pour water out of a bottle - these you wouldn't want to encourage. I thought RAA was enabling L1 awareness and competency through its L1 competency programme.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

So if these are VH aircraft, thus registered with CASA and you need a RPL...issued by CASA, what is it exactly this company is offering to oversee?

It may be that CASA are going to allow a sub 600kg class and have organisations like E&LAAA issue a Pilot Certificate. This follows along the lines of NZ. Upgrade to a RPL and those pilots would have access to aircraft up to 1500kg MTOW. Seems like a good idea to me.

• Like 2