Is Hanson Breaking Our (very very special) RAA Rules Flying Around the Country

SSCBD

So you would think that at the slightest hint of there being a problem, it would put the alleged comments (on declaring the plane as a gift) "not to worry about it" on shaky ground. Hanson isn't the brightest spark out there, but she's very far from being an idiot also.

Either it was declared or it wasn't, this surely is a matter of public record.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either it was declared or it wasn't, this surely is a matter of public record.

I appreciate that, but it is a summation based on an allegation.

Until the foundation is actualized, there is nothing.

I guess in her defence it wouldn't be the first time the political establishment set her up with a criminal offence to get her out of the way. Frankly the whole business of politics is grubby.

• Agree 3

The question is from the post I made - is she legal under raa and casa rules - However this thread has taken a life of its own.

It's operating on the fringes of what can be considered legal, it gets very murky. It would really depend on exactly how you interpret the CAR, however I think it would be considered legitimate provided she doesn't actually pay him for the flying of the aircraft, and at best it could be done on a cost sharing basis. He owns the aircraft, so from cost sharing he could consider providing the aircraft his component of the cost, and Pauline paying the fuel bill and maintenance her share of the cost. Really it's not that different to him driving her around in a car without having a taxi licence, and casa would probably not even try to prosecute that one.

Does it not matter from a CASA and RAA point of view that he is in fact a employee of hers directly?

But that is a mere mosquito buzzing around- it is the big angry elephant in the room they should be worried about.

No still bound by the exact same rules regarding private ops. RA AUS is subject to all the legislation in the CAA, CAR, CASR and CAO with the exceptions been as laid out in the exemption instrument.

Well given that it's your job as a pilot to know the rules and breaching the rules is an offence of strict liability perhaps you can show us in the rules where it says it is legal? As I have said above my interpretation of the rules is that it is legal but it's definitely operating in a grey fringe area. And it's not the RAA regulation that is relevant in this occasion, it's the casa regulation defining what constitutes private ops.

it should easy enough to work out if Ashby was acting as a commercial pilot. check the credit card records to see who's paying for the avgas, if Ashby used the PHON CC its hard to argue that he's expense sharing

Neil, here's a very good article on why hanson is going to fail again

Alt-wrong

• Agree 1

He provided the aeroplane, she provided the fuel. Therefore expense sharing. However given they claimed they maintenance on the Jabiru as a party expense, things start to get very very murky

it should easy enough to work out if Ashby was acting as a commercial pilot. check the credit card records to see who's paying for the avgas, if Ashby used the PHON CC its hard to argue that he's expense sharingNeil, here's a very good article on why hanson is going to fail again

Alt-wrong

Good article.

Frankly the whole business of politics is grubby.

It's always been grubby, but I'm livid on how it now consumes most of the Parties time rather than running the country. Since Social Media it's all gone further down the gutter, way into the sewer.

• Winner 1

Andrew Bolt, who has some silly ideas on climate change but is a good journalist in that his data is usually correct, points out that the ABC broke the law in a far bigger way by broadcasting illegal phone recordings.

The test of a witch-hunt is whether the authorities will pursue all possible law-breakers with equal vigor. My bet is that a blind eye will be turned to the ABC, in just the same way as for the Peter Slipper conspirators who were never prosecuted.

• Like 1

Hanson and Gillard were very different in terms of education, but they sure confirm how women don't get a fair go here. There was an attempt to smear Julia over some union funds business, but it was the unrelenting nastiness that finally wore her down.

I am going to vote for Hanson to make my tiny statement about what I think of the awful treatment she is getting.

If Hanson wasn't so stupid she wouldn't be in the situation she's in now. Ashby has plenty of form for betraying people that put him in a position of trust. One thing never changes with one nation, Hanson's lack of ability.

Stupidity? What could be more stupid than populating beyond our capacity to feed all the people, even for the duration of their lifetimes? On this measure, Hanson is the least stupid out there.

• Winner 1