Is Hanson Breaking Our (very very special) RAA Rules Flying Around the Country

SSCBD

I think Susan Ley hiring GA twins was at the relatively small end of her crimes so it would have got lost a bit in the bigger picture. The Jabiru is kind of central to the issue on this occasion.

• Like 1

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My real question is has RAA looked at it or CASA as its low hanging fruit - IF- Pauline has done something wrong with the flying regs. Think they will now.

To be honest don't give a damm.

What a waste of time the libs and labour use instead of doing anything meaningful for AUSTRALIA. They - the pollies eg libs and labour, greens etc should be classed as a criminal organisations in there own right.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Winner 1

Wake up fellas

It is all about a undeclared donation of $100 k form a developer and refusal to declare. Shady stuff that got her to jail last time is the issue.

James Ashby is a very slippery snake and will bite her

• Agree 2
  • Winner 1

My real question is has RAA looked at it or CASA as its low hanging fruit - IF- Pauline has done something wrong with the flying regs. Think they will now.To be honest don't give a damm.

What a waste of time the libs and labour use instead of doing anything meaningful for AUSTRALIA. They - the pollies eg libs and labour, greens etc should be classed as a criminal organisations in there own right.

If you've got a solution to the problem of two major parties, whose vote is so close that it requires independent members to swing either way for a resolution, then I'm sure we'd be all ears.

• Agree 1

Can we move beyond the 'politics' here, for at least a moment? Because there are actually some other serious and meaningful issues that I believe should be considered.

Lest my comments be placed in any 'political' context, I state that I have absolutely NO affectation for anything to do with 'One Nation'. This commentary - if you can accept that it is looking at issues OTHER than the 'politics' - is intended to look at issues of interest to RAA owners/operators/pilots.

First point: the fact that an RAA-registered and operated aircraft was a valuable and viable tool for conducting a heavy schedule of travel around Australia - and it did that with no 'aviation-related' drama - is a pretty convincing example of the fact that a good RAA aircraft is a competent device for travel. I suggest it has shown that, when used intelligently and within the regulations (more on that below..) it is NOT necessary that an IFR-rated GA twin is the minimum level of aircraft for reasonably reliable transport around this country. Yes, RAA-reg aircraft have additional limitations - we all accept that - but I posit that this example has shown that RAA aircraft are not just 'toys' - they can fulfill, to a decent degree, an extended 'mission' - if used within their limitations.

Next point - and before anybody jumps down my throat, pleas READ and CONSIDER the actual point I make.

It appears that the aircraft was 'hired' from the owner for travel: that is what I interpret from the media reports, taking the point that an electoral expense was claimed for its use..

IF that is so, then the flight(s) claimed for by the HONP are 'airwork' use of the aircraft. That is a total NO-NO for RAA registered aircraft other than for training. YET: absolutely no harm was done by that work. I assume that all the relevant flight conditions were observed and that the flight was conducted with all due respect for safety - surely, we would have heard if it had been otherwise?

SO: here is a fine example of apparently safe use of an RAA aircraft for 'airwork'. Yet, CASA has stamped on humble tradespeople for using their RAA-registered aircraft to transport them and their tools of trade to a remote site. Not for any 'safety' ssue - beyond a nebulous esxcuse that they 'might' breach safety regs to get to the job on time..

There is a huge whiff of 'one rule for the great, one for the rest' at play here. I believe that this situation is well worthy of more play in achieving a sensible regulatory regime for RAA aircraft - and Senator Hanson might just have dealt us all a winning card!.

• Like 4
  • Agree 2

Oscar, I take your point..... & yes it gives argument to your case.

But in reality, if CASA agree to any changes, then they will just bring across all the rule & regulations that apply in GA and dump it on RAA (For our own safety of course)

and then we have two forms of aviation that are broken.

Leave it alone and enjoy what we have, while we can.

In terms of potential for business use, it would be interesting to see the list of flights she made.

She had to cover the Nation for that campaign, and there are several States where a light aircraft theoretically has the edge, in terms of trip time from leaving your motel room in the morning to attending a dinner at night.

Against that are the disadvantages when you have to move the aircraft from productive area to productive area - such as Queensland to inhabited western NSW, northern SA and WA - RPT kills that even with extended parking/checking/lounge times.

And the biggest killer is not being able to arrive at a destination, or not being able to get home due to weather.

Twins with IFR pilots offset the weather issues, but are still too slow these days.

• Like 1

If she is hiring the plane then it is a major legal problem for her.

You can't make cross hire payments to a office holder and Ashby is party sec and head of staff

And you certainly can't not declare the donation, the mind boggles they think this is OK. But then they have learnt from the gravy train.

The only thing that might save them is a friendly slap from the gov and say no more to keep her on side.

Yes we should have limited ability to use for business but not much

Did anyone say the plane was hired or costs claimed

Id say if the plane was free and borrowed- hence the claim it was inappropriate donation- whats the problem?

Casa should look if someone was being paid to act as a pilot or did their employer stand them down at the airport gate.

A business or company or other entity can own or hire or borrow a plane and have it flown by a member of that entity and provided only goods or people from that entity are carried, it is a private flight. So for example, if a builder with a PPL owns or hires a plane he can fly his workers and equipment to his building sites.

• Agree 2

Wake up fellas

It is all about a undeclared donation of $100 k form a developer and refusal to declare. Shady stuff that got her to jail last time is the issue.

James Ashby is a very slippery snake and will bite her

And don't forget slippery bully shorten who forgot to disclose a bag full of money 40k for six years and is not in jail either. its all a corrupt system. if we tried that on our tax return ( oh I forgot) we would be in deep do do and fined to hell. they really set the high standard for us to look up to. Pollies standards need to be set much higher compared to us mere mortals and jailed for misdeeds.

• Winner 1

The plot thickens- latest from ABC is

Former One Nation members say McNee bought Hanson's plane

Basically McNee and his partner stayed at Paulines then donated $70,000 in cash and approx $100,000 for the plane and she even thanked them in her maiden speech.

Now they claim to have never being to dinner, never stayed there and he certianly does not know the women (who sits in parilament next to him in photo and stayed with him in bed at paulines) . And he insists he never donated anything.

He must think this is the White House and will claim bull on anything even with evidence in front of him.

Ah the mind boggles- this could get very interesting.........................meanwhile back at the pig pen..............Malcom is happy for any distraction.......and Tony is stomping around in Lycra.

But the relevant thing is the whole shebang is around a Proudly Aussie Aircraft.

A Jabiru is the star for all the right reasons.

I wonder how much she has saved taxpayers by not charging Business Class Airfares for travel done in the Jab.

I wonder how much taxpayers have been charged for the use of the aircraft and how this is being done...sounds very iffy to me. A private pilot can accept an equal contribution from a passenger but can't be paid by a third party to provide a service.

Kaz

• Agree 3

It looks like she is enjoying flying.Maybe she could be a good ally of RAAus and GA in Aus, and push to significantly cut the bureaucracy, unnecessary medical requirements and cost to Private flying in Australia.

We can always dream cant we?

I have spoken to her about that very issue, and although she did agree with me in principle I did get the impression that she is more interested in what she believes to be more important issues.

I can't say that I totaly disagreed with her.

The taxpayer doesn't pay for election expenses, except by way of a fixed per vote contribution and tax deductions to people/organisations making donations (did you agree to your company propping up politicians - or should they stick to their knitting?)

She is still using it to get around Qld which is her electorate and she would be entitled to Business Class now as a serving Senator.

So yes she is saving the Taxpayer Dollars.

• Like 1

Can we move beyond the 'politics' here, for at least a moment? Because there are actually some other serious and meaningful issues that I believe should be considered.Lest my comments be placed in any 'political' context, I state that I have absolutely NO affectation for anything to do with 'One Nation'. This commentary - if you can accept that it is looking at issues OTHER than the 'politics' - is intended to look at issues of interest to RAA owners/operators/pilots.

First point: the fact that an RAA-registered and operated aircraft was a valuable and viable tool for conducting a heavy schedule of travel around Australia - and it did that with no 'aviation-related' drama - is a pretty convincing example of the fact that a good RAA aircraft is a competent device for travel. I suggest it has shown that, when used intelligently and within the regulations (more on that below..) it is NOT necessary that an IFR-rated GA twin is the minimum level of aircraft for reasonably reliable transport around this country. Yes, RAA-reg aircraft have additional limitations - we all accept that - but I posit that this example has shown that RAA aircraft are not just 'toys' - they can fulfill, to a decent degree, an extended 'mission' - if used within their limitations.

Next point - and before anybody jumps down my throat, pleas READ and CONSIDER the actual point I make.

It appears that the aircraft was 'hired' from the owner for travel: that is what I interpret from the media reports, taking the point that an electoral expense was claimed for its use..

IF that is so, then the flight(s) claimed for by the HONP are 'airwork' use of the aircraft. That is a total NO-NO for RAA registered aircraft other than for training. YET: absolutely no harm was done by that work. I assume that all the relevant flight conditions were observed and that the flight was conducted with all due respect for safety - surely, we would have heard if it had been otherwise?

SO: here is a fine example of apparently safe use of an RAA aircraft for 'airwork'. Yet, CASA has stamped on humble tradespeople for using their RAA-registered aircraft to transport them and their tools of trade to a remote site. Not for any 'safety' ssue - beyond a nebulous esxcuse that they 'might' breach safety regs to get to the job on time..

There is a huge whiff of 'one rule for the great, one for the rest' at play here. I believe that this situation is well worthy of more play in achieving a sensible regulatory regime for RAA aircraft - and Senator Hanson might just have dealt us all a winning card!.

May I suggest we start up an UBER RAA. DONT BOTHER CASA WITH ANY NOTIFICATINS And dam the torpedoes full flight ahead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wonder how much taxpayers have been charged for the use of the aircraft and how this is being done...sounds very iffy to me. A private pilot can accept an equal contribution from a passenger but can't be paid by a third party to provide a service.Kaz

Kaz I just posted somewhere here that we start up UBER RAA , all we need is an app as now we have a precedent that a pollie can do it so why not all of us. To hell with CASA and any rules.

• Like 1

Kaz I just posted somewhere here that we start up UBER RAA , all we need is an app as now we have a precedent that a pollie can do it so why not all of us. To hell with CASA and any rules.

Pollies can do a lot of things we can't do. Great Pensions, perks, change their mind, lack of conscience etc. Id like to see them have to go to Centrelink and do an assets test to get their pension.

• Agree 3
  • Haha 1

I am absolutely disgusted that an Australian politician is being attacked for flying in an Australian designed and built plane. Migod, the turds that espouse Australian jobs while doing everything in imported stuff should hang their heads in shame.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Winner 3

Really? So your ok with it just because it's an Australian built aeroplane? If you or I tried something like this we would be extremely lucky to avoid becoming a long term guest of her majesty. The fact that it's an Australian built aircraft in no way changes the fact that what has occurred here is likely an act of fraud, and I can't say I condone that under any circumstances.

• Agree 3

Really? So your ok with it just because it's an Australian built aeroplane? If you or I tried something like this we would be extremely lucky to avoid becoming a long term guest of her majesty. The fact that it's an Australian built aircraft in no way changes the fact that what has occurred here is likely an act of fraud, and I can't say I condone that under any circumstances.

Ian

Some of the population don't believe in your view it seems. The don't knows are the one that have me worried.

Breaking the law

Apr 4, 2017

No Comments

Q. Do you believe it is ever justified to break the law?

Total Vote Labor Vote Lib/Nat Vote Greens Vote other

Sometimes justified to break the law 37%

Never justified to break the law 50%

Don’t know 13%

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am absolutely disgusted that an Australian politician is being attacked for flying in an Australian designed and built plane. Migod, the turds that espouse Australian jobs while doing everything in imported stuff should hang their heads in shame.

I do not in any way see people are attacking her for flying in a Jabiru. The plane is completely incidental except that it is the means the dodgyness has been exposed by its use and donation.

No one is complaining it should be a Airpus, Boring, Cesspool or whatever. No one is saying she can't legitimately fly around to do parliamentary bussiness or even pre election stuff. As long as the CASA crap and RAA rules are followed- great good on her.

What is been said- is the money trail, people involved and their connections with a total refusal to follow the electoral act and parliamentry rules for officeholders, their staff and party organisations- appears to be a huge smelly pile of trouble.

It gives the appearance of a fire, smells like a fire and we can certainly see smoke.....and some are getting a very warm feeling on their feet. I wonder if there is a Fire?

The only saving grace for us aircraft lovers is they had the good sense (but less face it not many better alternatives and spent the $100k ish on a Jabiru) to pick a great Aussie machine.

And I will be straight up front- I have no care for Pauline but nor do I for most pollies. Just because some may like her does not make the smell or fire go out.

All pollies should be 100% accountable and anyone in a relationship business or political/personal with them. No exceptions, not even for red head fish shop mongers.

And before I am slammed for been a left wing green loving pinko commie- Which is mostly true.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Fraud is a pretty serious breach of law punishable by serious jail time, and let's not forget that essentially this alleged fraud has been perpetrated against us, the Australian taxpayer! By the very politician who said she was there to keep the bastards honest!

• Agree 2
  • Winner 1

I do not in any way see people are attacking her for flying in a Jabiru. The plane is completely incidental except that it is the means the dodgyness has been exposed by its use and donation.No one is complaining it should be a Airpus, Boring, Cesspool or whatever. No one is saying she can't legitimately fly around to do parliamentary bussiness or even pre election stuff. As long as the CASA crap and RAA rules are followed- great good on her.

What is been said- is the money trail, people involved and their connections with a total refusal to follow the electoral act and parliamentry rules for officeholders, their staff and party organisations- appears to be a huge smelly pile of trouble.

It gives the appearance of a fire, smells like a fire and we can certainly see smoke.....and some are getting a very warm feeling on their feet. I wonder if there is a Fire?

The only saving grace for us aircraft lovers is they had the good sense (but less face it not many better alternatives and spent the $100k ish on a Jabiru) to pick a great Aussie machine.

And I will be straight up front- I have no care for Pauline but nor do I for most pollies. Just because some may like her does not make the smell or fire go out.

All pollies should be 100% accountable and anyone in a relationship business or political/personal with them. No exceptions, not even for red head fish shop mongers.

And before I am slammed for been a left wing green loving pinko commie- Which is mostly true.

I don't think I will slam you for those comments, pretty much my exact sentiments on the matter there.

• Like 1