Incident at Redcliffe 23 Apr 18

Early this morning a Cessna veered off the runway and into a ditch and fence at Redcliffe Airport. The pilot was taken to hospital for treatment. Extent of injuries unknown.

Great to see again the level of reporting supported by a pic of a USA registered aircraft of entirely different manufacture. Do they actually believe the average reader does not know at least in general what aircraft looks like and requires a pic to inform them what they are?

Amazes me how the media (channel 9) report it as a plane crash, the aircraft is completely intact other than probably a bent wing tip and a bent or possibly busted undercart

Looks to me like loss of direction control on landing or on a T&G gone wrong as the aircraft looks to have full flap out

Anyway I dont class it as a crash imo

Sorry, on 7's early video it looked like there was a fence beside the ditch. Closer video later showed no fence.

Amazes me how the media (channel 9) report it as a plane crash

Alf, a rear end shunt on the road is still referred to as a crash, even if both vehicles are still drivable.

Sorry, on 7's early video it looked like there was a fence beside the ditch. Closer video later showed no fence.

Alf, a rear end shunt on the road is still referred to as a crash, even if both vehicles are still drivable.

Collision would be the correct term.

Chanel 7's report was questionable.

Firstly it was Breaking News with video footage, and a statement "The pilot walked away uninjured"

Next was, the uninjured pilot was taken to hospital ??????? Do they really read what they say.

Then next was "A pilot was taken to hospital following an aircraft crash.

If there is no story, we will make one !!!!

Media reports that three local schools were nearly hit by the wildly veering aircraft...

You forgot about the terrified residents in the nearby housing estate who thought the screaming propeller was going to come join them in the bedroom too.

Yeah I still can’t come to that conclusion.I can when they are suffering some serious damage

Yeah I still can’t come to that conclusion.I can when they are suffering some serious damage

Agree, ie serious crash ,injuries/undrivable,,,,,,,stack, fender bender,broken lights etc with maybe road rage lol