Photo thread for the heck of it

ayavner

Not "tongue-in-cheek" at all. I think you used the word "titillation" in a correct context - suggestion that someone could see sexual connotations in the picture. What I was pointing out that the connotations are in the mind of the beholder. Instead of mens sana in corpora sano, there's a lot of mens insana in corpora insano around workplaces.

OME

And I don't know how to remove the picture of the fuel tank.

upload_2016-5-10_17-22-39.png.2f4ab871ee149a42d63c0752f92dad6f.png

Is that what we used to call sacking someone?Cheers, Willie.

no. sacking someone is low impact ... performance management is a royal PITA to do and takes ages ... and there is always the risk they pass performance management and are a continuing PITA because you put them through it!!

Oh dear.

Phil's done it again, Sorry Guys ( & Gals ) my warped mind just thought that it was a fitting addition to the "Nude Gardening" topic.

And 2tonne, the "Titilation" bit didn't soar above my head either.

On one of the blogsites I frequent, there is a rule regarding posting pictures of norks, or even other glamour shots during standard office hours since, a large number of naughty people seem to view these sites during worktime. . . . and whereas it is difficult to read text when someone is walking past in a shared office environment, a great big titilatiatory picture on a screen is less difficult to notice. . . .

However, in OME's defence, I would not have expected the response which he got either, but that probably says a lot about me and the sort of ne'er do wells with whom I digitally associate. . .

Not "tongue-in-cheek" at all. I think you used the word "titillation" in a correct context - suggestion that someone could see sexual connotations in the picture. What I was pointing out that the connotations are in the mind of the beholder. Instead of mens sana in corpora sano, there's a lot of mens insana in corpora insano around workplaces.OME

And I don't know how to remove the picture of the fuel tank.

Nice fuel tank, you can send me a picture of that anytime

Is that what we used to call sacking someone?Cheers, Willie.

Hmm, no. With performance management there is not allowed to be any suggestion that someone will be sacked until you have been through weeks and weeks of pain. Then it gets more painful and miserable for everyone for a bit longer, and then they get sacked.

The way you get rid of someone is set them impossible Key Performance Indicators, particularly when no-one else is required to meet those targets, then when they fail to achieve them for three consecutive months, you've got 'em. Especially targets that are mutually exclusive. To meet one target, you have to fail another. That's how they got rid of me when I turned 65. Can't get rid of someone due to age - that discrimination. Cunning as latrine rodents.

Took this one on Saturday.. would love to see this old bird flying again. Been sitting out here in the grass at Bankstown for as long as I can remember (which admittedly isn't as long as I'd like). I had a walkaround and it doesn't appear to be neglected, seems like things may be happening?Anyway, thought I'd share:

[ATTACH]37383[/ATTACH]

She is in for some flying mate ,going to fly the "hump

And for all you Boaty people,. . . . . a pictorial article about the newest "Biggest" cruise ship in the world. . . . very over the top this,. . . . .whaddyer think team ? ?

Mind you,. . .I'd love to try the death slide on the blunt end. . . .( wonder how they stop at the bottom. . . )

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...

That's too big for my liking. Bet they've got a shoe shop on board as you'd wear them out just walking around the thing.

What they need is a number of slides to get passengers off quickly for shore excursions, as that can be a nightmare.

6780 passengers + crew ... lets say 8,000 people ... only 18 lifeboatsCan anyone say Titanic?

I bet they've got a shedload of those inflatable ones stored all over the place. Ever since 1912 it's an extremely foolhardy line that doesn't have enough lifeboat seats on their ships.

What a way to spend a joliday. It would be hard to think of anything worse. 8000 other people and no way to avoid them.

On those kinds of vessels, you are nothing more than self-loading cargo.

When my family first immigrated to Oz, (I was just 15) we came by cargo ship. We were the only three pax on board. I had the pilot's cabin on the aft side of the bridge and I used to go on the bridge and was sometimes allowed to steer the ship. My parents had the Owner's suite. We dined with and got to personally know all the officers. Now THAT's ocean travelling, although we didn't realise it at the time. At the time, it was just the cheapest way to travel.

On those kinds of vessels, you are nothing more than self-loading cargo.When my family first immigrated to Oz, (I was just 15) we came by cargo ship. We were the only three pax on board. I had the pilot's cabin on the aft side of the bridge and I used to go on the bridge and was sometimes allowed to steer the ship. My parents had the Owner's suite. We dined with and got to personally know all the officers. Now THAT's ocean travelling, although we didn't realise it at the time. At the time, it was just the cheapest way to travel.

Interesting story that Scott,. . . I noticed recently that the Michael Palin "Around the world in 80 days" programme series is being re-run on late night TV,. . . a lot of his episodes detail travelling on cargo vessels and huge container ships.

It amazes me what a small crew these vessels seem to need for everyday operations. . . . which is possibly why they are difficult to defend from Somali ( and other ) pirates ! ! ! An old friend of mine was an armed security guard on such a vessel,. . he bemoaned the fact that the operating company said that the guards were not allowed to open fire on pirates, not even to "Dussuade" them. . . . until THEY fired first ! ! !

The problem with this philosophy is, most times, the pirates get aboard in the dead of night, without firing a shot. When they are on board your vessel, this then becomes a little more dangerous ! !

This rule is possibly why there are, to this day, lots of vessels still held hostage off the coast of Western Africa because of this "Queensberry Rules" nonsense ! ! ! They KNOW that the companies will pay up to get their cargoes back. . .eventually. . .

Phil.

PS more "Flying with the Missis" videos please.. . .Your Good Lady ought to be a professional tour guide, she certainly knows her geography Sir ! I'm a fan ! 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Phil:

My missis is definitely getting good with the navigating thing, especially since our Outback Adventure. She has come up to speed rapidly, on reading aerial nav charts and keeping track of area frequencies and other details for me. I always have my own cheat sheet with this info, but it's usually easier to ask her than to ferret around through my list, especially when it's properly bumpy or there's a bit of traffic about.

I am in the process of editing down the hours of video footage we shot on the OA.

I wondered about that too, Phil, having been on the 14th deck of a cruise ship in very heavy seas and wild winds.The wind loading on structures that big would be enormous.

Actually, one of my "friends" on a local pollie blog, posted several pictures of various cruise liners and car ferries ( Townsend Thoresen - Herald of Free Enterprise ) lying on their sides,. . . for whatever reason. With 7,000 + Pax,. . .the possibilty for a large amount of fatalities looms large methinks.. . .

The Titanic disaster has popped up in the UK media recently, some wag suggested that MOST of the initial survivors died not from drowning, but from hypothermia. . .

that old phrase occurred to me instantly " No $hit Sherlock" ? Even if they managed to get into a lifeboat, after having been dumped into freezing seawater, this, for some reason does not surprise me much. . . . . Mind you, it WAS Nov. 1912, so it's only a relatively recent incident of course. . . .