Stolen Skyecho2

The hexadecimal code provided by CASA is linked to the serial number of the SE2 so if the robber tries to use it it can be tracked. They cannot get another code for it and by deleting the code it will not work so it will be completely useless to the robber. You should report it stolen to CASA.

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

Apple Airtags can be used to track high-value portable items that are likely to be stolen. They're not 100% effective, but they will give you clues when they're in range of any other Apple device that has Bluetooth turned on.

• Helpful 1

Silly question,  it's not under one of the seats of the aircraft is it.  Mine was missing. (In my own hangar) it had fallen off the windscreen and was under the seat.

Edited by Kiwi
  • Informative 1

I still can’t believe it would be stolen. But I have searched several times. It was in its case, zipped up. I still think it more likely mislaid, but I had no reason to take it out of the plane. Then again, I lose spanners all the time.

but Mode S and ADSB are supposed to coexist (if your modeS doesnt have adsb , or are you saying your mode S transponder HAS adsb ?

anyway, you can look for that hex code on the sites...

Edited by RFguy

Could you lose some more spanners - I have an incomplete set.

My prediction is, your thingo will turn up, right where you left it, someplace safe. The most logical answer will be the most likely.

You did something out of normal routine with it. (Like parking on nextdoors ramp, then hitting a light.)

A mate lost his wallet. For days. Came around here to check because he had been here - nope.

Days later in his car, he lowered the sun visor and Voila! Wallet drops in his lap. HE put it up there when he parked on my driveway.

Check in the caravan, or near it. You put it somewhere safe(er) before going away maybe.

Edited by 440032
  • Like 2
  • Winner 1

If it's stolen, the chances are higher to find it on marketplace/gumtree/ebay..

The next best chance is if thief is an amateur, and leave the hex but turn the adsb transmit on, in which case you might check the adsb tracking sites.

Unfortunately even real transponders are "disappearing" from the aircrafts. 

As with mobile phones, emei numbers can be re-flashed.

Hope it will show up somewhere..

Ok...here is the confession. I found it where I left it - in the aeroplane! Just as 440032 suggested yesterday.

I decided to search everywhere again. Searched two cars, the home shed, my office, the caravan, the hangar and the aeroplane again, yesterday afternoon. The plane had been searched three times by me and once by my wife, and it is only a small plane. I had even released seat catches and flipped up the seat bases.

So this morning I decided to go for a fly. Sitting in the pilot's seat, leaned the passenger seat back forward to tidy up the seat belts, and there it was in the seat back pocket. Black item against a black seat with a black mesh pocket. I must have actually leaned on it a couple of times it when I flipped the seat forward to search the luggage compartment.

It is more than just domestic blindness, because my wife usually finds things when I get desperate. Anyway, thanks everyone for your suggestions.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 6
  • Winner 2

5 hours ago, pmccarthy said:

Ok...here is the confession. I found it where I left it - in the aeroplane! Just as 440032 suggested yesterday.

I decided to search everywhere again. Searched two cars, the home shed, my office, the caravan, the hangar and the aeroplane again, yesterday afternoon. The plane had been searched three times by me and once by my wife, and it is only a small plane. I had even released seat catches and flipped up the seat bases.

So this morning I decided to go for a fly. Sitting in the pilot's seat, leaned the passenger seat back forward to tidy up the seat belts, and there it was in the seat back pocket. Black item against a black seat with a black mesh pocket. I must have actually leaned on it a couple of times it when I flipped the seat forward to search the luggage compartment.

It is more than just domestic blindness, because my wife usually finds things when I get desperate. Anyway, thanks everyone for your suggestions.

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

13M views, 285K likes, 10K comments, 86K shares, Facebook Reels from Mark Bland: Current wait time is 3 hours… #marriage #marriedlife #momlife #husband #married. Mark Bland · Original audio

• Like 1

On 17/9/2023 at 9:04 PM, pmccarthy said:

I still can’t believe it would be stolen. But I have searched several times. It was in its case, zipped up. I still think it more likely mislaid, but I had no reason to take it out of the plane. Then again, I lose spanners all the time.

I took my sky echo to USA last year to test for a friend. He’d wanted me to buy one. It never arrived in USA. Stolen from luggage. Stealing sky echo’s is a thing. Who knew!

• Informative 1