Any Site Problems...Site Support

Admin

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, onetrack said:

Ian, the Social Australia page appears to be having problems. The site is not opening.

Works ok for me on several devices, NBN and mobile

Ian, every time I edit my profile - despite having my location listed as Perth, W.A., Australia - I find a "member marker" immediately being posted, listing my location as being in Ontario, Canada?

Something must need cleaning up in the location programming?

• 3 months later...

Gday Ian - Not sure if it was my warped sense of humour Or geriatric computer incompetence  but a post poking a bit of "tongue in cheek" fun at Jab (engine) operators seems to have disappeared - hope I wasn't censored, I would be very disappointed at this Forums Admin if so.

2 minutes ago, skippydiesel said:

Gday Ian - Not sure if it was my warped sense of humour Or geriatric computer incompetence  but a post poking a bit of "tongue in cheek" fun at Jab (engine) operators seems to have disappeared - hope I wasn't censored, I would be very disappointed at this Forums Admin if so.

Yes, the post was removed due to several complaints. Please read the site rules

3 hours ago, Admin said:

Yes, the post was removed due to several complaints. Please read the site rules

Thanks Ian - I guess you are referring to Rule2 section 5 which basically empowers anyone without a sense of humour to complain and be heard - no need to respond -  I am very disappointed.

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, waraton said:

Hi Ian

Could you check Clear Prop orders please.

I did several very large updates on Clear Prop today...can you advise what the problem is

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Ian, I had a report from Flyboy1960 that the link to a photo on the FM250 Vampire profile is broken. It looks OK when I bring up the profile, but I asked Octave to check it for me and he says he also has a broken link. The problem is on the first photo in the gallery.

Peter.

• 1 month later...

Hi Ian, I have had a number of situations where a topic is not flagged as read, no matter how many times I open and read it. A typical example is the video of Civil Aviation in 1950. I think someone has added a comment, but when I open it I have read all comments, but it still comes up Unread.

2 minutes ago, red750 said:

Hi Ian, I have had a number of situations where a topic is not flagged as read, no matter how many times I open and read it. A typical example is the video of Civil Aviation in 1950. I think someone has added a comment, but when I open it I have read all comments, but it still comes up Unread.

For me it's just that thread only that seems to be static

Peter, just read all the threads you want to read, then click "mark site read" on the upper RHS, and the thread will disappear. This is a known problem with the forum software, I don't know if Ian can fix it.

• 10 months later...

Yep, the problem is some technical glitch in the forum programme, I'm having the same problems. I can't even send a message to Support outlining the problems, so perhaps Ian will see these posts.

Edited by onetrack

My problem with " offtopic  " is not a valid certificate  ( invalid   ) , I then go to " advanced " to get into or replay , then have to repeat the same each reply or new catorgory. 

No problem wth the main site, just " off topic " .

Thanks

spacesailor

If you need to post in Social Australia, you can do so if you disable Javascript in your browser. That allows the posting text box to appear to post text only. Posting photos and quotes doesn't work.

• Informative 2

Some threads are showing up as Unread, when I have read them. My "Whats New" is set to show unread items in bold, read items in faint. I click on a bold item and have read the most recent post. Not all, just occasionally. One such is the Crazy Crosswind Landings thread. 

• Informative 1