Light Plane Crash Parkinson

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is sooooooo annoying is that these people get away with their crimes because we (Australia) have the most lenient penalties in the world.

• Agree 1

Yes the Jab came down in the Logan area and anyone from QLD will tell you that if it's not chained down with 10 CCTV cams monitoring it, the "Logan Bogans" will attack like paranahs. The place is a cess pool of low life, dole bludging, rats tail wearing uneducated scum of the earth. They probably sold the parts to buy drugs and they probably left their 5 snotty nose babies in the car with the windows up. When I become PM I'm going to send all the Logan Bogans to Nauru. Scum bags.

• Informative 1

Yes the Jab came down in the Logan area and anyone from QLD will tell you that if it's not chained down with 10 CCTV cams monitoring it, the "Logan Bogans" will attack like paranahs. The place is a cess pool of low life, dole bludging, rats tail wearing uneducated scum of the earth. They probably sold the parts to buy drugs and they probably left their 5 snotty nose babies in the car with the windows up. When I become PM I'm going to send all the Logan Bogans to Nauru. Scum bags.

Thinly veiled admiration!, You are going to have to say what you really mean if you want to be prime minister.

Re : "They probably sold the parts to buy drugs"

The receivers of stolen property are as low as the principal offenders.

No Frank

Most likely a Harley boy needed aother engine there are plenty of Harleys down the coast and Harleys do not mind having the engine give up.

Regards

Keith Page

Didn't the PM come from those parts? gleam.gif.61a3085bab2441797a6de7bfc35070cb.gifSorry about the double trouble Cheyenne (FL & theft), I hope the parts turn up somewhere soon.

The PM he is a Camp Hill boy, a Brisbane suburb.

Regards

Keith Page

Yeah, was only goofing Keith. As bad as parts of the Logan area are it's still quite reasonable compared to some of the dodgy areas in the USA I've seen; not bagging the country at all but it does have some really rough parts. Same cause as here, welfare.

On an aside, I heard from a pilot friend today who rang RAAus to see what action they were going to take about solving the problems surrounding the rubber band powered dead weight AKA Jab engine - and was told by a senior RAAus exec - 'nothing because if we ground them then instructors will be out of work and no one will be able to learn to fly'

What a crock. I am going to call them on Monday and get more info but if that is true then they are better watch out.....

No FrankMost likely a Harley boy needed aother engine there are plenty of Harleys down the coast and Harleys do not mind having the engine give up.

Regards

Keith Page

I'd check Cash Converters at Brown Stains....sorry....Browns Plains.

• Haha 2

I would check out the swap meets at Browns Plains, Inala and Logan Central. Somebody might try and sell the Jabiru engine as a Subaru a flat six. lol

All jokes aside- I think it will be quite difficult to shift the engine here in Australia. They would have to have balls, trying to sell the engine and instruments via Ebay, or trading post I reckon.

• Agree 1

I wouldnt be surprised Dazza if it doesn't come up on ebay.....a lot of those ferels are not blessed with a lot of brains

True Mark, maybe all of us should keep a eye out when looking at the adverts in various places for suss looking adverts.

• Agree 2

On an aside, I heard from a pilot friend today who rang RAAus to see what action they were going to take about solving the problems surrounding the rubber band powered dead weight AKA Jab engine - and was told by a senior RAAus exec - 'nothing because if we ground them then instructors will be out of work and no one will be able to learn to fly'What a crock. I am going to call them on Monday and get more info but if that is true then they are better watch out.....

Why do you and your friend seemed so concerned about what others choose to fly or use as powerplants? Not that I don't have my concerns with some Jab motors, but really! Your going to tell the RaAus? The way I see it is that I fly a recreational aircraft and I started flying in what seems to be what you are currently flying. When I started I understood that I flew in an unreliable 2stroke motor and flew in a manner with that in mind. We were very limited in what we could do. Just keep pushing your opinions in this manner and you might find in time that your open air cloth and tube 2 stroke ultralight might loose it current privileges. Lets face it ,, right or wrong the public will see a Drifter as a death trap and a Jabiru as a plans. I had that problem when I owned a Trike that had better certification than my Jab. I agree we all want safer flying, but this has always been to me as seat of the pants recreational flying. Want better standards and reliability the one will need to spend more money than that of something like a Drifter, go for a twin GA aircraft. I can see that in time that this kind of banter will do everything to destroy the freedoms than many older pilots gained for us, including the builders, developers and risk takers.

Anyway a bit off topic (sorry for that)

• Like 1
  • Agree 9

I have just received some photo's of the plane some low life has gone in and stolen the engine, instrument panel and the doors. 068_angry.gif.cc43c1d4bb0cee77bfbafb87fd434239.gif before we can remove it.

I think that engine number will be well documented !

Bob

• Agree 1

xxxxxxx.jpg.61828530cd74b4c819c20ebdab80d929.jpg

Why do you and your friend seemed so concerned about what others choose to fly or use as powerplants? Not that I don't have my concerns with some Jab motors, but really! Your going to tell the RaAus? The way I see it is that I fly a recreational aircraft and I started flying in what seems to be what you are currently flying. When I started I understood that I flew in an unreliable 2stroke motor and flew in a manner with that in mind. We were very limited in what we could do. Just keep pushing your opinions in this manner and you might find in time that your open air cloth and tube 2 stroke ultralight might loose it current privileges. Lets face it ,, right or wrong the public will see a Drifter as a death trap and a Jabiru as a plans. I had that problem when I owned a Trike that had better certification than my Jab. I agree we all want safer flying, but this has always been to me as seat of the pants recreational flying. Want better standards and reliability the one will need to spend more money than that of something like a Drifter, go for a twin GA aircraft. I can see that in time that this kind of banter will do everything to destroy the freedoms than many older pilots gained for us, including the builders, developers and risk takers.

Anyway a bit off topic (sorry for that)

1) We are concerned about what others fly and use as powerplants simply because our friends and fellow aviators operate these powerplants which have an unacceptable safety record and I personally feel that something should be done to improve the situation before more people are injured or WORSE. If it is wrong to have concern for the safety of fellow aviators and a desire to improve the safety of an engine then please forgive me......

2)You mention that you flew your 2 stroke machine with the notion that the engine will fail at all times, as I do, and good on you. The problem I have is that somewhere along the line this fundamental lesson is not being taught. As I said, pilots just seem to be flying blissfully along over trees and rocks and mountains.....

3)Your argument that you need to go and fly GA to be blessed with better standards and reliability is the most ignorant thing I've heard in a while, I know the regulations regarding maintenance are more stringent as is the training but there is no reason whatsoever that a a rec pilot cannot enjoy flying that is just as safe or safer than any other machine in the sky. It comes down to TRAINING and knowing your aircraft.

4) A Jabiru goes down almost once a month, and yet you are telling me that I might risk being able to not fly my Drifter because of the public's perception on how it looks???.....my mind is boggling trying to grasp your logic.....So should we ban hang gliders and paragliders and bungee jumping because the public thinks they look a bit weird??? If I was Joe Public I would sooner ground the little white aeroplanes with the engines that tend to stop...........

5)Let me point out - I LOVE JABIRU'S - and I honestly mean that. I have flown them extensively, my Grandpa has a J400 which he flew around Australia with not one hiccup. I WANT jabiru to become an even greater success story. They have such a good product, and it is ruined by the dead weight at the front.

6) I'm just sick of hearing about them failing and injuring people. As members of the ultralight fraternity we should be banding together to demand a higher quality engine.

7) I'm afraid I disagree that this banter puts our freedoms at risk. I have no desire to destroy the privileges gained by our pioneers in fact my intentions are the complete opposite!!!!! I am pushing for a safer engine and more accountability from the manufacturer, as well as improved training by FTF's with regards to engine failures, wouldn't you agree this would result in a safer organization?

8) I am not a Jab-Basher so don't waste your breath calling me that, you can call me a Jab-Lover though hahaha.

http://www.jabirucrash.com/

http://www.aircentre.com.au/aircraft/efato.htm

xx.jpg.8dccf40a66b2b808c5aab4e274e8da74.jpg

x.jpg.b2f05f55db609a8787b2b81ede346a03.jpg

xxx.jpg.e66f22c3b3ab59f12d2134df8f86dd40.jpg

xxxxx.jpg.2ce4797106719f85340bed8160252c91.jpg

xxxxxx.jpg.508861ea388ac22832272bd8a99520b1.jpg

xxxxxxxx.jpg.2aa9a5fb4dc3bb9cf2b06c464855ac7c.jpg

xxxxxxxxxx.jpg.a82cc9f159386264c6703588f026e057.jpg

xxxxxxxxxxx.jpg.0088ebe1e246ae2dcc62ae3065e5cafe.jpg

xxxxxxxxxxxx.jpg.115fe7e4ef925c49a31dec3319349f1f.jpg

• Like 1