Ozkosh at Narromine

derekliston

I went last time they had natfly there. And met a few of the forum members. Ian had a tent set up there.

627155306_Narromine8thApril09001.jpg.514f5640f52e836a93c86836b0f4b955.jpg

I remember it well, weather turned crappy, but lovely company. It was a race to get the tent closed up before it all blew away with us still hanging on.

Not the best place to be with all the lightning.

• Winner 1

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went the first year it was Ausfly, and it was perfect weather all weekend. I am thinking of it again this year but not sure there is any accommodation left, and the tourist park just has an engaged tone. Might need to stay in Dubbo but I don't want to fly up and down at the end of the day.

I've just realised I have been looking at the SAAA site for last year, so am a month out on the dates. I am glad I didn't book anything, but I bet others have as a search on Wotif shows everything booked out in September!

Is this actually going on, given there is nothing on the website? The only one I see is Oz-Kosh 2016 Aviation Spectacular!. There is not enough on it to actually suggest there will be anything there. I am not keen to commit if there is no evidence of some planning around this, as it is a long way to fly and a lot of money to find a few lone pilots sitting there.

• 2 weeks later...

I really wish they would put some effort in to the website. I have booked from Thursday till Sunday but if they dont start posting what is going to be there, I may pull the plug. Im worried this is going to be a half arsed event like the last of them at Temora.

Scotty

• Agree 2

East or West, Bob.The Glenburn Gap is often ok when KIM is closed.

Kaz

About 1.3 hours flying time East Kaz . Wouldn't be the first time I have been turned back due to fog/cloud and been back home for 'breakfast' 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif. These days I tend to rely on advice from the Met boys as well as weather cams in the area .

I am aware of the Glenburn alternative .... Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I sent an email to the SAAA re OZKOSH yesterday. No reply as yet but I just found this contact list on the RA AUS site. Might be worth a phone call on Monday.

(The following list appears on a page last updated 27 May 2016)

Cheers all

Who to contact

If you would like any further information on the event, please call either Neil Unger (0468 623 933 or 02 6865 3293) or David Young (0423 003306 or 07 3188,9369).

• 2 weeks later...
HiI sent an email to the SAAA re OZKOSH yesterday. No reply as yet but I just found this contact list on the RA AUS site. Might be worth a phone call on Monday.

(The following list appears on a page last updated 27 May 2016)

Cheers all

Who to contact

If you would like any further information on the event, please call either Neil Unger (0468 623 933 or 02 6865 3293) or David Young (0423 003306 or 07 3188,9369).

Not sure why you would contact the SAAA, it is not being run by them this year, but by a separate Ozkosh committee.

Not sure why you would contact the SAAA, it is not being run by them this year, but by a separate Ozkosh committee.

Yes, but because there is so little information this is not generally known. How do you contact the committee? Well, you could contact them through their web site if there was anything on it, but there isn't. I have heard that CASA was requiring an Air Show permit even though there is no air show. Speculation? Wild rumour? Who knows?

Peter that is exactly my frustration. Do they expect people to come to an event when they can't even be bothered to put some basic detail on the website? For instance, what are the procedures for flying in? Will the airport be open continuously or will it have a closure period like last year? Knowing this information would allow people to plan to fly in and home.... What activities/lectures/demonstrations/exhibitors are there going to be there?

The more frustrating thing is that a lot of this information probably already exists as it would have had to be locked in a while ago. It takes only marginally more effort to publish to a website but the benefits are huge.

Because it hasn't been done I think that attendance will be massively down on previous years. Imagine you were a supplier, are you going to bother turning up again.

• Agree 2

Found this on RAAus website (under Events, but you have to scroll through some pages)

Oz-Kosh is Coming

Last edited: 27 May 2016, 4:03pm

oz-kosh-poster-w420-q-raaus-24d17.jpeg

Oz-Kosh Aviation Spectacular 2016

What is Oz-Kosh?

Oz-Kosh is set to be Australia’s premier aviation gatherings.

The principal aim of Oz-Kosh is to provide a single place where by anyone with an interest in anything that flies can come together to share their passion with a likeminded community.

Oz-Kosh is being established to provide a forum whereby anyone with an aviation interest including owners, pilots, industry employees; industry suppliers and manufacturers can meet on an annual basis to learn more about the Australian aviation industry.

The ultimate vision is for Oz-Kosh’s is to be the premier aviation showcase in Australia. It does not matter if it is a model airplane, hang glider, piston or turbine powered, fixed or rotary winged, home built or manufactured, If it flies or has anything to do with flying, it should be part of Oz-Kosh.

Where will Oz-Kosh be held?

Oz-Kosh will be held at Narromine in central NSW on October 6th to 9th.

How can your club or organisation be involved.

If you are a club, society or type group, your involvement at Oz-Kosh is not only welcome, it is vital for its success.

Oz-Kosh will provide a forum whereby your association and its member’s can:

• Run and participate in seminars, how to forums and builders programs.

• Participate in other seminars and forums put on by other clubs, exhibitors and industry suppliers,

• Have a central meeting place where they can meet and share their aviation passion with other interested aviators,

• Have a central place where industry and industry specific suppliers can come and demonstrate and exhibit their latest offerings and technologies

• Have a place whereby your members and fellow aviators can come and meet industry representatives and regulators.

Foundation member organisations

Oz-Kosh will only be successful if the aviation industry invests and gets behind the event. The best way for this to happen is if as many aviation interest groups come together and encourage their respective members, and affiliated suppliers to those members, to be a part of the event.

The Oz-Kosh organisation will be established to be a non-profit organisation, whereby foundation member organizations will share in any net proceeds generated from the event for use in their respective organisations to further foster aviation in Australia.

We are seeking seed capital from foundation member organisations of $5,000. Foundation organisations who have expressed interest at this point are:

• AOPA

• Australian Parachute Federation

• Australian Sport Rotorcraft Association

• Australian Warbirds

• Gliding Federation of Australia

• Hang Gliding Federation of Australia

• Recreational Aviation Australia

We have received expressions of interest from the following sponsors to support the event.

• Aviation Trader

• Civil Aviation Safety Authority

• Narromine Shire Council

• QBE

We will be seeking further sponsors from key aviation industry suppliers in addition to these.

Who to contact

Nothing at all on the HGFA website, so not sure if all the foundation member Organisations are still interested. Doesn't seem to be advertised very well at all, yet.

• Informative 1

The one thing that Watts Bridge did extremely well for this weekends Brisbane Valley Airshow was to get information out about it. It was all over social media and when you saw the turnout today it obviously worked.

• Agree 2

Nothing at all on the HGFA website, so not sure if all the foundation member Organisations are still interested. Doesn't seem to be advertised very well at all, yet.

I was emailing the website person on Friday - the OzKosh website will be going live in the next (business ) day or two. Once its live the HGFA site will promote and link to it.

There was a teleconference meeting on Wednesday of the organizing committee - looks like things are coming together nicely.

Anyone else having trouble with ozkosh.com.au? All I get is "This website can't be reached" Given the advertising in Sport Pilot and the links in Ra-Aus emails, I would have expected info to be available by now. I had planned to go, but without any information available I am re-considering.