Accident at Gympie

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy Moly, seems not a surface has been left undamaged. Let's hope the pilot recovers quickly and tells us what happened rather than us making guesses and/or relying on bad press.

I don't think it is, unless they've used a different font for the rego on each side.The undamaged one has italicized numerals, the damaged one doesn't.

Very observant however trolling the net for images of 7190 brings up both styles of numerals on the aircraft. the happy flyer photo is a much older photo, re the old windsock and the Cessna parked in the background.

Bloody aeroplanes are to treesAs golf balls are to water traps.

There's a name for that, a psychology term when drawn towards something you see and fear without your control, anyone know it?

Next time you see the water trap, think of all the happy times swimming, playing, fishing, etc, otherwise in water, until it has equal standing with to where you want to hit to and then you won't unconsciously be drawn towards it.

You're welcome,

Dr Bex.

Bloody aeroplanes are to treesAs golf balls are to water traps.

Works that way for parachutes, too: I once saw a student land in the only (dead) tree for miles, out the back of Cairns.Well, his canopy landed in the tree; he himself bounced resoundingly off the corrugated iron dunny nailed to the base of it...

............ target fixation ?

I think target fixation is where you're quite happy with the 'target'?It's one (possible) symptom of hypoxia. I've seen it on a high altitude course: at 25000ft equivalent, some people will insist on continuing what they are doing (various physical and computational tests) despite repeated instructions to put the oxygen mask on. And they'll snatch back the clipboard or demand that the attendant continues monitoring their physical tests. It's quite funny to watch, but also an awful reminder to trim for descent....(

There's a name for that, a psychology term when drawn towards something you see and fear without your control, anyone know it?Next time you see the water trap, think of all the happy times swimming, playing, fishing, etc, otherwise in water, until it has equal standing with to where you want to hit to and then you won't unconsciously be drawn towards it.

You're welcome,

Dr Bex.

target fixation

There's a name for that, a psychology term when drawn towards something you see and fear without your control, anyone know it?Dr Bex.

Fixation perhaps. I did a driver training day with Paul Stokell at Morgan Park where they teach you ( among other things ), the skill of looking through the corners, not at the wall rapidly heading your way. The reason is of course, that you tend to steer in the direction you're looking.