Malaysian Airlines MH370

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The trouble is, until they find it almost all of the theories are credible and we have to be very careful what agendas are being pushed when we consider theories that are put forward.

Blaming the captain or Putin or the yanks or the Chinese or abbot does nothing without having solid evidence to back it up.

It does seem very weird that nothing has washed up, landing a plane that far off shore in one piece would be next to impossible. It is one thing to do it in the Hudson but that far offshore in that part of the world wouldn't be smooth enough all that often.

So let's see... if the plane did land on the water intact...that would dispel the theory of the captain committing suicide.. so what would be the next reason..to take some thing off the plane, how would it float long enough? was a ship parked at a pre determined place in the ocean to remove things from the plane, people/equipment....if that's right how do you control the passengers? were they knocked out before hand..so whoever this was, takes the gear off the plane and lets it sink silently into the ocean and the ship sails off...could be... could not be... as I said before...someone knows exactly what happened but we will never find out unless it is leaked by someone in the know...that's why I say to the Australian government to stop wasting our precious hard earned tax money on a ghost plane...put this money into something that will help us all...better health services...education... infrastructure etc etc..

David

• Caution 1

I see on the news they are still out there looking for it..why don't just give up it's just wasting money IMO..enough is enough..David

I disagree. We are doing our humanitarian duty; the world has given Australia stewardship of that enormous sector of the ocean.

Quite apart from that, we are not the only ones funding the search and the amount of money being spent isn't large in the scheme of things. Australia gets two priceless dividends:

our international standing is being enhanced (cheap and effective diplomacy), and we are learning lots about the floor of the ocean. That knowledge may lead to whole new industries.

Theories are just that. Look at all the conspiracy theories about 9/11. There were documentaries made about it as well and many people believe them to this day. No-one has any facts to back any of the theories up yet.

I disagree. We are doing our humanitarian duty; the world has given Australia stewardship of that enormous sector of the ocean.Quite apart from that, we are not the only ones funding the search and the amount of money being spent isn't large in the scheme of things. Australia gets two priceless dividends:

our international standing is being enhanced (cheap and effective diplomacy), and we are learning lots about the floor of the ocean. That knowledge may lead to whole new industries.

Well we may be doing humanitarian duties OK but how long do continue these duties..1 year..5 years at a cost to us of millions..as recent history proves with the Bali nine cases..Indonesia has a short memory when it comes to humanitarian duties.. they dismiss all of our efforts and contributions after the tsunami devastated their country, they are burning our flag and saying that they would love to go to war with us..your kidding me....they all seem to have very short memories.

I think our bank account at present can not afford to continue to search for something that may be there or not just on the basis of mapping the ocean floor or keeping everyone happy that we are still looking...is Malaysia still here spending money..China still here..the US ? like I said when is enough enough of wasting our money and time just so we look good to the world...I think any fair minded person can say that we have done our fair share and given it a go..

David

• Agree 1

Well we may be doing humanitarian duties OK but how long do continue these duties..1 year..5 years at a cost to us of millions..as recent history proves with the Bali nine cases..Indonesia has a short memory when it comes to humanitarian duties.. they dismiss all of our efforts and contributions after the tsunami devastated their country, they are burning our flag and saying that they would love to go to war with us..your kidding me....they all seem to have very short memories.I think our bank account at present can not afford to continue to search for something that may be there or not just on the basis of mapping the ocean floor or keeping everyone happy that we are still looking...is Malaysia still here spending money..China still here..the US ? like I said when is enough enough of wasting our money and time just so we look good to the world...I think any fair minded person can say that we have done our fair share and given it a go..

David

You have a point about when it's time to call off the search David, but while other countries are helping fund it we probably should continue.

We have often helped Indonesia during disasters, and they have also helped us (which our media seems to have missed). Linking humanitarian assistance to how they punish criminals (as our clumsy PM did) makes no sense. Abbott's comments about our Tsunami relief effort caused outrage in Indonesia; people began a fundraising campaign to pay back our aid money. Yes, there are crazy Indonesians who would do us harm, but the vast majority are friendly to Australia, or at least tolerant of our transgressions. It's in our interests to be respectful and diplomatic- and not give ammunition to the nutters.

• Agree 3

landing a plane that far off shore in one piece would be next to impossible. It is one thing to do it in the Hudson but that far offshore in that part of the world wouldn't be smooth enough all that often.

I dunno about the "Hudson" either,. . . I gather that the same landing has been attempted in simulators by quite a few pilots since,. . .without even marginal success strangely enough,. . . that landing will, more likely than not, never be repeated. . . .and as for the open Indian Ocean, with a nice gentle 10 metre swell on a pleasant evening, . . . . . .nah.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

I dunno about the "Hudson" either,. . . I gather that the same landing has been attempted in simulators by quite a few pilots since,. . .without even marginal success strangely enough,. . . that landing will, more likely than not, never be repeated. . . .and as for the open Indian Ocean, with a nice gentle 10 metre swell on a pleasant evening, . . . . . .nah.

Landing an aeroplane on water is a doddle...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjadMxpXprk

• Like 1

Having carried out 4.5 hours of a seaplane rating many years back,. . . . [ didn't complete it - another story. . .] I came to agree with the instructor ( a very kind American Gentleman ) that water might as well be concrete when you connect with it at flying speeds. . . . . . it does just as much damage, . . .AND you don't usually drown after the crash on hard concrete. . . .

Edited to add,. . . .

I wonder what the approach speed would have to approximate to settle a modern airliner ( with no bulletproof plating ) onto water ? ? with a small amount of swell in the open sea,. . .methinks there would be much wreckage floating around somewhere. . . .?

• Agree 2

. .methinks there would be much wreckage floating around somewhere. . . .?

And methinks that due lack of that wreckage after 12 months that the aircraft is not where they think it is.

Mike

• Agree 2

There is one gap that I would like to be explained. That being the time between the ending of the transponder signal and the reported Westbound primary radar track over the Malacca Straits. If the flight hadn't been tracked in the interim, how could they be certain it was the same aircraft? Due to various processing techniques, air defence primary radar has significantly greater range than civil primary radar, therefore it is very questionable that any aircraft operating in a region guarded so zealously by a number of countries, could have swanned around without attracting any attention.

Without any reasonable shadow of doubt, there is more information available, but it has yet to come to the surface (excuse the pun).

A lengthy article about this in The Daily Beast. NB: not endorsing or recommending this article or the site (it frequently has crappy and kooky articles) - but if you are interested in following opinions about this event it's worth the read.

And this theory from a Kiwi perspective.

http://www.findlostaircraft.co.nz/mh370%201.html

Mike

A lengthy article about this in The Daily Beast. NB: not endorsing or recommending this article or the site (it frequently has crappy and kooky articles) - but if you are interested in following opinions about this event it's worth the read.

Well straight away there is a problem with this article - a problem that, I suspect, plagues many such articles.

"18:19 - the last exchange between the pilots and air traffic control -- three minutes later the automatic position reporting system, the transponder, stops working [over the South China Sea].

18:22 - The last primary radar return providing a verifiable “fix” of the 777’s direction is made -- the airplane is flying northwest above the Straits of Malacca.

"

That's some flying. The direct path distance distance between the two points is approximately 850Km. So the direct path (i.e. minimum) speed between 18:19 and 18:22 would be 17,000Km/H. So, plainly, this article has not been proof read.

Having said that, on the balance of probabilities, but having no real data, I support the equipment failure hypothesis.

I wonder what the approach speed would have to approximate to settle a modern airliner ( with no bulletproof plating ) onto water ? ? with a small amount of swell in the open sea,. . .methinks there would be much wreckage floating around somewhere. . . .?

Apparently the Hudson river landing severely damaged the plane underneath and was close to breaking up, just didn't look like from the intact top half that could be seen.

Anyone fancy putting in a tender???????? There must have been a lack of interest as the page shows "Last update 24 February 2015"

MH370—Call for Expressions of Interest to Prepare for Recovery Operations

• The REOI closes at 2pm (AEDT) on 18 February 2015

The ATSB has called for expressions of interest (EOI) to prepare for recovery operations in the event of locating the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370.

To date, the aircraft has not been located nor has any debris been found. Should the aircraft be located, it is important to be as prepared as possible to implement any decisions of the Australian, Malaysian and Chinese Governments for a recovery operation.

Prospective Respondents to the Request for Expressions of Interest (REOI) must register and download the EOI documentation through the ausTENDER website www.tenders.gov.au. This will ensure receipt of all available updates during the EOI process. Unregistered EOIs will not be accepted. The REOI closes at 2pm (AEDT) on 18 February 2015.

All enquiries relating to the REOI should be directed to the ATSB operational search email address, [email protected].

For further information read the MH370—planning ahead for recovery operations media release, by the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Infrastructure and Regional Development, Warren Truss.

• Haha 1

Sounds like an opportunity! I'll get my EOI off as soon as I find the mask, flippers and the old crabbing drop net. Now, where did I put them?

rgmwa

MH370—Call for Expressions of Interest to Prepare for Recovery Operations

Preparing a quote now.

Hire of 2 Boeing 777 Pilots,

Fuel for 6 hours flight,

10 mercenaries,

10 ak47s,

2 x Hummers,

Tickets to Kakakistan,

• Like 1

Don't tell me; you are skeptical too?

I have no idea other than it's a fact that no debris has been found - and if it's in the drink, that's very unusual, in fact unprecedented for an airliner.

• Agree 3

Preparing a quote now.Hire of 2 Boeing 777 Pilots,

Fuel for 6 hours flight,

10 mercenaries,

10 ak47s,

2 x Hummers,

Tickets to Kakakistan,

Call the Thunderbirds