Sport Pilot Magazine

ave8rr

I wasn't able to download the September issue from ISSUU at all. Just froze each time I tried. I didn't have any problems with the earlier issues... so maybe there is a problem with this one?

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you have to have an ISSUU account and be signed in. It took me a while to work out where it was - click Share - then Download even if greyed out. The dialog box took "ages" to come up and I ended up with two, being impatient. The ISSUU site covers a lot of my interests and magazines that I used to read - all for free, and some allow me to download too, even books.

I think you have to have an ISSUU account and be signed in. It took me a while to work out where it was - click Share - then Download even if greyed out. The dialog box took "ages" to come up and I ended up with two, being impatient. The ISSUU site covers a lot of my interests and magazines that I used to read - all for free, and some allow me to download too, even books.

Sue there are naturist magazines, if you have a hankering to go nude.

• 7 months later...
I got September Sport Pilot from the ISSUU website and uploaded it to Mr Vizsla's iPad where he has been reading it for a couple of days. It is a bit confusing as one email from RAA said ISSUU was now the permanent home of Sport Pilot, then another refers to alternatively picking it up from the Facebook page. I have not had much trouble downloading it from ISSUU provided I pick my time (low traffic for higher speed), however I am having trouble downloading the latest upgrade for the iPad - it keeps timing out - an hour or so and it gives up.

The latest Sport Pilot magazine is better to read and scroll through as the pages now are one after the other. On my computer mainly due to the screen size I had to read the pages by moving down on the page and then moving to the right and top for the odd numbered page that was placed beside the even numbered page. Was never a fun reading experience. Now with the pages following below its great reading. Great work in my opinion by the Webb person and RAA office. Hope its the same opinion of other members.

Cheers

Mike:thumb up:107_score_010.gif.2fa64cd6c3a0f3d769ce8a3c21d3ff90.gif

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

The latest Sport Pilot magazine is better to read and scroll through as the pages now are one after the other. On my computer mainly due to the screen size I had to read the pages by moving down on the page and then moving to the right and top for the odd numbered page that was placed beside the even numbered page. Was never a fun reading experience. Now with the pages following below its great reading. Great work in my opinion by the Webb person and RAA office. Hope its the same opinion of other members.Cheers

Mike:thumb up:107_score_010.gif.2fa64cd6c3a0f3d769ce8a3c21d3ff90.gif

It was a change requested by me for exactly the reason of readbility issues on either mobile devices smaller screens

The CEO gave me a test version of the mag single paged last month and I tested it on as many mobile devices as I could get my hands on (quite a few given I work at an online educational institution) and he said he'd see what could be done - nice to see it could be done quickly.

So thanks go to CEO Michael Linke for getting the change through quickly

• Like 2

At least someone has got something good to say about him. Me I'm not convinced.

Bill, it may not be a fair comparison but compare (in your own mind) RAAus under Michael Linke and Mr Tizzard. Almost from the day ML walked in the door things started to happen. Consider the balls he has in the air at the moment:

1. Constitution, Members Charter, Disputes procedure,

2. a Board Meeting, a General Meeting,

3. a brand new, ground up Tech Manual, a significant revision of the Ops Manual,

4. a submission to CASA to equalise the MTOW for Rec Pilot Cert and Rec Pilot Licence and,

5. another submission to CASA for access for Rec Pilots to CTA.

That's a workload that would kill a brown dog and yet ML is ploughing through with less staff.

Consider a CEO tasked with getting just an Ops Manual rewritten. Four years later . . .