Politics and Off Topic posts

Admin

Recently the forums have been getting threads and posts away from the main topic of the site which is recreational aviation. Whilst these off topics of politics, religion, guns and everything else may be of interest to some, these kind of topics are taking away the value of a recreational aviation resource.

Can I ask, could you please limit (reduce) the number of these Off Topic subjects and let's get back to having a recreational flying focused site so Google will value the site more in their search engine which brings more like minded people together to discuss aviation...your help is appreciated, thanks

• Like 2
  • Agree 12

Sorry Ian, I recently started a thread about over regulation by bureaucrats thinking it might generate some discussion of the regulation of aviation...it has somehow morphed into a discussion of religion and evolution 034_puzzled.gif.ea6a44583f14fcd2dd8b8f63a724e3de.gif

I guess ina week where the PM gets rolled politics is going to boil over eg bolt... I think by next week we will all be sick of politics for another few years

Lol if it takes till next week you lot are thicker than I thought:whistling:

It is a little disappointing to see the forum degrade to such lows though, when talking aviation we all get along quite well but once politics or religion comes into it we all go crazy:loopy:

Obviously banning talking about politics or religion outright is NOT the way to go (it would work but none of us like censorship! Unless it is used to quieten those that think different to us (deep down we are all hypocrites!)) but surely we could put aside our differing political views and differing beliefs and foster this site into a friendly flying forum again.

I find myself checking in here less and less when all I get is basically a mirror of a woman's weekly mag. I want to see pages of aviation related topics otherwise I will spend my time elsewhere and I think any potential new members will be the same.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Dissapointing to see the New Posts list top 4 about politics, bureaucrats & polution less than 8 hours after Ian started this thread requesting more focus on aviation. I for one would be fine with banning discussion of politics, religion and pretty much anything else not directly related to aircraft & flying. There arelenty of other places on the net if you feel the need to discuss these things.

• Agree 3

Dissapointing to see the New Posts list top 4 about politics, bureaucrats & polution less than 8 hours after Ian started this thread requesting more focus on aviation. I for one would be fine with banning discussion of politics, religion and pretty much anything else not directly related to aircraft & flying. There arelenty of other places on the net if you feel the need to discuss these things.

Couldn't agree more! Finally some common sense!

Dissapointing to see the New Posts list top 4 about politics, bureaucrats & polution less than 8 hours after Ian started this thread requesting more focus on aviation.

C'mon Mick. Don't be harsh on me. I was asking about the 10 cent deposit because I was interested in how it worked, since such a scheme hasn't existed in NSW since I was a kid. I figured that it was a innocuous Off Topic.

OME

• Agree 1

I must say I like the varied topics discussed on this site. We shouldn't be afraid to talk about what's on our mind, remember we are all mates here and that's what makes this site special. Now back to aviation.

Even though I have made a few contributions to the political threads this week, my primary interest relates to recreational flying. So, I intend to follow and/or contribute to those threads the most. Let's get some more posts going in the aviation related threads!

I...for one, don't have a problem when things get a bit "strayed ".......whatever. They more often than not, get back "on topic"..........as to politics/religion etc etc.....what the hec, it all adds to the "mix".............of interaction.

Aviation site...yes it is...........bring on diverse matters from time to time...........others "ideas" etc etc......can be food for thought for me/you.

just sayin.........

• Agree 1