RAAus Insurance

Scotty 1

I have just been informed by a rep from Willis Towers Watson that they were terminated as RAAus's Insurance broking partner on the 26/7/2016. They no longer carry our Public Liability Insurance and will not therefor insure our aircraft. There contract with RAAus was two years into a three year term. They are still listed on RAAus's website as our insurance partners. Anyone through and light on this as I don't remember and notification of this from the Board or Ceo.

Cheers Scotty.

The insurance issue caused a noise a few year ago when Steve Runciman was accused of fraudulent activity. The experts took over and the insurance has been dodgey ever since. So here we go again. What would be the case if they were not experts.

KP

The link on RAAus web site to obtain a new quote from Willis for aircraft insurance is still letting you fill out the form with all your info, but when you hit send button nothing happens. My info from Willis is the first they knew of this is from another insurance company and then a letter stating they had been sacked. No renegotiations or communication from RAAus until the "dear john". It appears RAAus were told by "the bloke from Red Bull to sack them."????? I was told if I couldn't get insurance elsewhere they would try to help me but they weren't keen on dealing with RAAus anymore. A comprehensive study was completed 25/7/2016 by Willis the day before they were sacked, and they were quite happy with how the business was going. Different attitude now. I have been told Willis have requested they be removed from RAAus's web site on more than one occasion but they are still listed as our insurance partners.

As a member of RAAus I have been told it is up to me to keep informed of the latest developments and situations as we no longer are provided with a magazine so how do I do that, the web site. Nearly two months down the track and a major development such as the changing of our insurance providers is not noted on the web site, via email or in the news letter emails we have been told are being sent to keep us all informed. Not only aren't we informed but the wrong information is still on the official website of RAAus.

Cheers Scotty.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

thank you for the funnies the crap that happened in 2007 2008 2009 in regard to insurance is bloody well happening again this is serious

BUT

we are getting LESS consultation time to hold to account the CEO and PRESIDENT must bloody say good bye go

A G M should be good or are you just going to put up or shut up your choice neil

• Agree 1

Maybe it is all part of the new professionally run organisation.

I am sure they have communicated properly via a 4pt size notice in the office toilet cubicle

Appear to be getting exactly the amount of consultation time the executives want for their version of accountability.

• Informative 1

I know it's a stupid question, but, has anyone phoned the office to find out what happened?

I was up for insurance and had been told of Willis so went to the web site to get the contact details. All the info I was looking for was there on the RAAus web site for me to use. Except it was not correct! This is the official first point of contact between it's members and the "company". You would like to think it would be correct. Have you had a look at the section on " meet our board"? Is that correct? There is only three board members as of tonight according to the site. We have been told as members have to get our info and keep up to date with the rules and regs by accessing the site as we don't get the mag anymore so l think the members would have the right to get the correct info in a timely manner. You would remember only to well the call for better communication David. It is a pity I got more info from Willis than our organisations official web site.

Cheers Scotty

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

the last time insurance be came a problem some one blamed certain persons for not passing on information

all that money for better communications what a bloody joke oh shit that was my money wasted now I have had enough

david scotty is way a head off you why should he have to phone the webb is the way to go instint information neil

• Like 1

Cant argue with what you have said Scotty. The web site should have been updated immediately given staff can now access and update. A bit of a blue me thinks.

Neil,

Scotty has always been way ahead of me LOL.

I agree you shouldn't have to phone for info that is available on the web site; I was just asking if anyone had called the office to see why the website hadn't been updated.

• Like 1

sorry just reread what I wrote david wasn't having ago at you mate that insurance crap is a was bloody night mare last time

gets me wound up real easy

last time I was told it was xxxxxx fault but the real fault lays at the leaders phone calls take up time time cost while the girls who do a bloody great job have more to do than answer 10 calls off five minutes witch is 50 minutes the web site would take 25 minutes to up date 111_oops.gif.41a64bb245dc25cbc7efb50b743e8a29.gif rant over neil

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I just don't believe in insurance.. Why should they pay me on a claim when they can afford litigation and I can't?

So my advice is to fly carefully and never find out that the fine print you signed meant that you were never really insured anyway.

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

I just don't believe in insurance.. Why should they pay me on a claim when they can afford litigation and I can't?So my advice is to fly carefully and never find out that the fine print you signed meant that you were never really insured anyway.

The advantage of insurance is that in the event, unlikely or otherwise, that you cause a problem to someone else, despite the fact that you are bankrupt and have decamped to Brazil, the insurance company is still there and can pay out the poor bugger you messed with, intentionally or otherwise. Sometimes the innocent bystander, even exercising the greatest of caution, is the innocent victim of someone else's behaviour, or of someone else's dog

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

The advantage of insurance is that in the event, unlikely or otherwise, that you cause a problem to someone else, despite the fact that you are bankrupt and have decamped to Brazil, the insurance company is still there and can pay out the poor bugger you messed with, intentionally or otherwise. Sometimes the innocent bystander, even exercising the greatest of caution, is the innocent victim of someone else's behaviour, or of someone else's dog

Luckily pilots can not opt out of the third party insurance that covers all registered RAAus aircraft.

• Agree 1

Yes, I agree that I have an unreasonable lack of trust in insurance companies. And I do appreciate the RAAus deal.

There should be a cooperative for disbelieving insurance buyers, where if they stiff one they stiff you all. The RAAus deal comes close to this I hope.

• Like 1

I just don't believe in insurance.. Why should they pay me on a claim when they can afford litigation and I can't?So my advice is to fly carefully and never find out that the fine print you signed meant that you were never really insured anyway.

Unfortunately councils in nsw whom operate ALAs have been instructed by there insurer to put in place a ten million public liability requirement on all aircraft operating on there assets.

Ra-Aus only had 5 million at the time, wisely they increased it to ten million when they learnt of councils requirement. A much cheaper premium was gained as a group, and not as individuals.

• Like 2

I know it's a stupid question, but, has anyone phoned the office to find out what happened?

Finally got the chance to ring the office and was informed PSB take over as our insurance agents 31/ October. Was also told my complaint about Willis was not the first and they have been telling others the same they told me. I will try and contact a different person at Willis I have a contact for and see if I get the same story as before.

Cheers Scotty.

I would like to think that all dealings by the RAAus would be courteously done. If we get a bad name In this industry they can all just walk away. We aren't big enough to matter and are a hard to define risk. I wouldn't seriously think in this world you can be uninsured and if it's ok for you is it oK if everyone doesn't do it? Crook insurance companies should not be allowed to be in the game. More the reason to be careful who you deal with and have a good relationship with them. Nev

I would like to think that all dealings by the RAAus would be courteously done. If we get a bad name In this industry they can all just walk away. We aren't big enough to matter and are a hard to define risk. I wouldn't seriously think in this world you can be uninsured and if it's ok for you is it oK if everyone doesn't do it? Crook insurance companies should not be allowed to be in the game. More the reason to be careful who you deal with and have a good relationship with them. Nev

Who's to say the change was not courteusly done? The official communications level is hopless, but that's been the case for a long time.

• Agree 1