sea-plane crash hawkesbury river nsw

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is so sad to see, people like you and me on a day out ready to celebrate the NY tonight and in a blink of an eye it’s all over in this life.

Condolences to all the family and friends of the lost souls

• Agree 9
  • Haha 1
  • Informative 1

Beavers have a reasonably high aspect ratio wing which makes a sudden wing drop in a stall common.

That's an odd comment.

A sudden wing drop in a turning and/or skidding stall would have nothing to do with aspect ratio.

As fh said, Beavers are generally considered to be a very kindly flyer.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Informative 1

Birdseye

I wondering why you started the Thread then make the comment in your last Post.

In every accident ever listed on this Forum aviation enthusiasts offer thoughts, their perspective on accidents and incidents adding either their own experiences or antidotes.

Unfortunately it's all speculation until the investigation is complete.

You have started the Thread and opened as they say the 'can or worms'

Mmmmm 063_coffee.gif.b574a6f834090bf3f27c51bb81b045cf.gif

• Agree 6

They are calling for witness's and any videos/camera info. I'd be surprised if there wasn't any. It may well be very important in finding out why. We tend to think all planes have "black" box. recorder(s). "WE" being the general public.. Nev

They are calling for witness's and any videos/camera info. I'd be surprised if there wasn't any. It may well be very important in finding out why. We tend to think all planes have "black" box. recorder(s). "WE" being the general public.. Nev

They have the witness who described the turn, in reasonable detail, and there were quite a few boats around, and the departure point and final resting places are known, and the aircraft wreckage would appear to be recoverable, and the pilot's history will be available, so hopefully some pieces will come together.

• Agree 2

As you know much witness information can be suspect. Unless they have some flying connection/knowledge they frequently get some very off estimates of height engine noises etc example..." the engines were straining against the strong headwind". and so forth. The more you get the better the general outcome. Perhaps mobile phones can be helpful. There would likely be a GPS on board. If some witness noted the position of the control surfaces, (or photos being better) that is very helpful. . Nev

Either way, pilot error or not, mechanical or not, a bloody terrible accident for all parties and the future of Sydney Harbour Seaplanes.

To my knowledge this is their first fatality. There have been other seaplane tragedies in Sydney, e.g the C185 at Berowra with all souls lost but that was NOT Sydney Harbour seaplanes.

My heart weeps for the families of all concerned.

• Agree 6

Myles Baptiste told Nine News he watched in horror as the plane hit the water and quickly sank on Sunday.

"We saw a seaplane coming towards us," he said.

"It made a tight right-hand turn and as it actually turned around, the wings dipped and it nosedived straight into the water."

Myles Baptiste told Nine News he watched in horror as the plane hit the water and quickly sank on Sunday."We saw a seaplane coming towards us," he said.

"It made a tight right-hand turn and as it actually turned around, the wings dipped and it nosedived straight into the water."

That was the eye witness account I heard on TV last night also.