Forced landing near Bankstown

And for once the media got the aircraft type correct.

Ahh, the old 6 seater Warrior, been a long time since I flew one of them ...

No wonder it fell straight out of the sky!

According to the radio chatter she ran out of petrol. (sic)

At the last few CASA safety seminars (if I remember correctly) there has been far more crashes related to fuel starvation rather than fuel exhaustion.....Something to think about.

At the last few CASA safety seminars (if I remember correctly) there has been far more crashes related to fuel starvation rather than fuel exhaustion.....Something to think about.

But never fear! CASA are about to introduce new legislation in the form of CASR Part 91. Which will mandate pilots to declare a MAYDAY when their endurance is less than 30 mins. Do CASA really believe that would have prevented any aircraft incidents relating to fuel starvation or exhaustion?

Ahh good old media reporting

Fell out of the sky (really, like just stopped in mid air and fell)

Ran out of petrol (wonder if it was E10, 91 RON, 95 RON or 98?)

Spilt 400 litres of petrol, thought it ran out? (maybe fire service had petrol in their tanker instead of foam)

Woman flying it (wonder what happened to the pilot)

Easter miracle (we would have agreed with that if the reporting was anywhere close to the facts)

My old Cherokee Archer held 50 US gallons (189 litres) of which 48 were useable. Where did the other 211 litres come from? If the cause was fuel starvation then one tank would be empty so the amount of fuel spilt would be a maximum of 90 litres. Sounds more like engine failure & the wing must have fallen off if it "fell out of the sky" but no they reported it being ripped off by the trees. Where do they get this stuff?