Pilot crashes plane into his own home.

A pilot in Payson Utah took a bizjet owned by a company he had worked for and crashed it into his own home after being released for jail on domestic violence charges. His wife and son were in the house, but were unharmed. The pilot died in the crash and resulting fire.

Pilot crashes plane into his own home in Utah with wife and boy inside, police say

What a loser. If he wanted to take out the house and everyone in it, he should have dived vertically through the weakest area - the roof.

It was 2 am Marty and he was probably off his nut, did s good job getting that close and a better job of missing his family

What is with these self-centered guys that throw their toys out of the cot if they don't get their own way?This is kindy behaviour!

One might ask 'What stupid laws and regulations do we enforce that can drive people to such desperate and crazy actions".

One might ask 'What stupid laws and regulations do we enforce that can drive people to such desperate and crazy actions".

Nothing to do with laws or regulations, just a person who had lost the plot & was off his nut.

• Agree 1

Nothing to do with laws or regulations, just a person who had lost the plot & was off his nut.

I'm guessing you've not had much involvement with the family law court then.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Informative 1

No point blaming family law courts; they have the unenviable job of making a decision on children AFTER the parents have been unable to reach a conclusion themselves. I saw a man once spit the dummy when he couldn’t get the unreasonable access he wanted, and turn on the Court and say he didn’t wanted any access, he never wanted to see his son again. When the judge pointed out that he had legal rights to access he said “No, she can have him, I never want to see him again, and walked out leaving the whole room shocked. There are some scum on both sides.

• Informative 1

not this specifically but judgements being made here when the circumstances aren't known.

We had a neighbor scream out of his driveway a few years back, go around the block and crash back through his front fence, attack his missus and the police drag him away. Wasn't too happy to come home a day early from his mine shift and find his missus with 2 guys in his house, kind of ruined his surprise.

What a loser. If he wanted to take out the house and everyone in it, he should have dived vertically through the weakest area - the roof.

I'm a little concerned you seem to have good knowlege of this procedure...

Then a while back, here in Aus. there was the AUF CFI ( name withheld ) who buzzed his estranged partner's house, in an attempt to terrorise her! he was convicted and did jail time over it! I received a couple of Emails from the guy, while he was in jail, trying to convince me he was innocent of the charges.

No point blaming family law courts; they have the unenviable job of making a decision on children AFTER the parents have been unable to reach a conclusion themselves. I saw a man once spit the dummy when he couldn’t get the unreasonable access he wanted, and turn on the Court and say he didn’t wanted any access, he never wanted to see his son again. When the judge pointed out that he had legal rights to access he said “No, she can have him, I never want to see him again, and walked out leaving the whole room shocked. There are some scum on both sides.

Yes, there are scum on both sides. But, consider, we have a system that can and will take everything you own and most of what you are going to own and give it to someone based on the fact that they are female. Essentially they leave you absolutely powerless over everything but whether you live or die. Some choose to try and take others with them, often succeeding.

I have spent too much of my time sitting in the back of a courtroom waiting my turn. Men routinely get screwed over while most women get the softly, softly approach and chance after chance. It is common knowledge that a lot of DV applications (during the court process) are baseless and are designed solely to manipulate the courts.

Unenviable job...yes, but also very poorly done by our legal system.

So yes, I believe that if we had a family court that was unbiased, fair and actually genuinely considered the best needs of the children, that there would be many more men women and children alive today. I believe that the US system is even worse.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Men routinely get screwed over while most women get the softly, softly approach and chance after chance. .

Lived in Logan City for 20 years and support this notion. Knew plenty of women who worked the system, and the Ex's to the fullest.

I wouldn't guess the percentage of DVOs that are B/S, but it's a lot. and the paradox is just getting a B/S DVO sends many men into a rage and justifies the DVO.

Anyone who thinks mothers think of thier kids first and wouldnt use them as pawns to scam the system, is very wrong.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

Then a while back, here in Aus. there was the AUF CFI ( name withheld ) who buzzed his estranged partner's house, in an attempt to terrorise her! he was convicted and did jail time over it! I received a couple of Emails from the guy, while he was in jail, trying to convince me he was innocent of the charges.

Frank, The major charge resulting in the jail time in this case was “Dangerous Operation of a Vehicle” under the Qld Criminal Code.

• Informative 1