Covid 19

Maybe Cancer is contagious???  You want my opinion? I think it’s possible!

Lets hear from the Facebook School Of Medicine, or some equally useless source of information!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jackc said:

Lets hear from the Facebook School Of Medicine, or some equally useless source of information!

Well in at least one case it is - Facial Tumours in Tasmanian Tigers - in nature, where there is one in, there may be others.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, jackc said:

Well luckily we have medical researchers who don't just wonder but look for evidence.

now I always hate to give wrong facts but I left a zero off the Brazil population bit still applied to Australia would be horrendous 

Edited by octave
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, octave said:

But these are not contagious they don't spread exponentially through the population. What you appear to favor is letting it rip like Brazil did.  A population of less than Australia  (20 million).  Death toll is 586590

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/brazil/

Is that what you would be happy with here?

240285192_Screenshot2021-09-12164232.thumb.jpg.438d469366daee9f76f1edf58024b5ed.jpg 

You do realise that those figures still only represent 0.02 % of the whole population of Brazil,,,So yearly death rate of 1,3% from all causes and covid is 0.02 maybe  we need to stop panicing ok...

Brazil - Historical Death Rate Data
Year Death Rate Growth Rate
2020 6.588 1.310%
2019 6.503 1.340%
2018 6.417 0.900%
  • Like 1

Just now, skippydiesel said:

Well in at least one case it is - Facial Tumours in Tasmanian Tigers - in nature, where there is one in, there may be others.

They're devils, not tigers  - like Elvis the tiger has been extinct for a while. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, jackc said:

I will say it again, an average of just over 400 people die EVERY day in Australia for some  reason.

60 people die EVERY day alone, from Cardiac Arrest in Australia.

When you say this over again you are confirming that you don't understand the first thing we are taking about, and it will only tempt some else who doesnt know what we are talking about to post the births, add some immigrants, and start talking about how the population is actually growing.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, jackc said:

Maybe not ,but what about hepatitis/aids/influenza      https://www.childfund.org.au/stories/what-are-some-common-infectious-diseases/?gclid=CjwKCAjwyvaJBhBpEiwA8d38vFvof2oKxbZZb7jgDASEYgSFq5l7wRzjvi56B38jHr0p0cR4I2KOVhoCuYMQAvD_BwE     https://www.healthgrades.com/right-care/infections-and-contagious-diseases/8-highly-contagious-diseases-you-should-know-about

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bull said:

You do realise that those figures still only represent 0.02 % of the whole population of Brazil,,,So yearly death rate of 1,3% from all causes and covid is 0.02 maybe  we need to stop panicing ok...

Brazil - Historical Death Rate Data
Year Death Rate Growth Rate
2020 6.588 1.310%
2019 6.503 1.340%
2018 6.417 0.900%

Check your maths, 20 mil population with 586,590 deaths is 2.9 percent not 0.02.

1 minute ago, Marty_d said:

Check your maths, 20 mil population with 586,590 deaths is 2.9 percent not 0.02.

Marty I left a 0 off the Brazil population but it still equates to a death rate  of around 50000 if applied to Australia's population   The question for the let it rip mob is that left unchecked covid would be a huge killer. 

• Haha 1

https://www.livescience.com/13694-devastating-infectious-diseases-smallpox-plague.html a small list of deadly contagious deseases fatal to man that we have had for centuries, you dont seem concerned about these other deadly CONTAGIOUS deseases......oh and thats besides all the other things that can kill you. Bloody hell i,m scared now but not of covid....image.jpeg.785fd1a51dfa0c2a7c8ea3605f912229.jpeg

Edited by bull
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, bull said:

https://www.livescience.com/13694-devastating-infectious-diseases-smallpox-plague.html a small list of deadly contagious deseases fatal to man that we have had for centuries, you dont seem concerned about these other deadly CONTAGIOUS deseases......oh and thats besides all the other things that can kill you.

Ummmm no I am not concerned about Smallpox because it was eradicated by vaccinations, what is your point?

We can go back and forth on this indefinitely but the fact is that it is covid dealt with with as best as we can.   The game plan is to keep the deaths and illness to a level that can be dealt with until we reach a vaccination level that will allow for a gradually reopening .  It will still be with us but  with vaccination, hygiene, selective lockdowns when necessary we can keep it at reasanble levels.

You list deadly diseases from the past to compare with our present situation. Diseases such as smallpox and the plague were eventually tamed by science not self appointed keyboard experts. 

The fact is you may not be happy with how it is being handled but this is the scientific advice, I realize you probably believe you have more expertise.  Your dissatisfaction with the situation has been noted but basically you are stuck with.  Either you can join a political group to fight it or you can lobby a politician or you can ignore rules  and advice and go down the civil disobedience route.   The thing that is undignified is whining about it.   

• Caution 1

39 minutes ago, Marty_d said:

Brazil/Population
211 million (2019) 20 million really Marty,  that is still only0.27% of the whole population   ,Still much much much lower then that deadly desease motorvehicleitis ah Marty . Brazil should ban vehicles deadly things.

image.jpeg

Edited by bull
  • Like 1

Yep the error was mine, I left a zero off.  I do place a high value on accuracy and I am happy to admit my error. Still though over half a million deaths is tragic is it not?

Edited by octave

Just now, octave said:

Yep the error was min, I left a zero off.  I do place a high value on accuracy but I am happy to admit my error. Still though over half a million deaths is tragic is it not?

Even ONE death is tragic to someone.  But  we personally cannot solve the Worlds problems,  BUT we can just go fly our aeroplanes and have fun 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jackc said:

Even ONE death is tragic to someone.  But  we personally cannot solve the Worlds problems,  BUT we can just go fly our aeroplanes and have fun 🙂

Nah sorry jackc having fun is not in their makeup, just fear & anger:-):-)

• Agree 1

Just now, jackc said:

jack you might have noticed or not that at no point have I made any comment on flying during the lockdown.  I am less concerned with the letter of the law than the actual practical risks.    

10 minutes ago, octave said:

Ummmm no I am not concerned about Smallpox because it was eradicated by vaccinations, what is your point?

We can go back and forth on this indefinitely but the fact is that it is covid dealt with with as best as we can.   The game plan is to keep the deaths and illness to a level that can be dealt with until we reach a vaccination level that will allow for a gradually reopening .  It will still be with us but  with vaccination, hygiene, selective lockdowns when necessary we can keep it at reasanble levels.

You list deadly diseases from the past to compare with our present situation. Diseases such as smallpox and the plague were eventually tamed by science not self appointed keyboard experts. 

The fact is you may not be happy with how it is being handled but this is the scientific advice, I realize you probably believe you have more expertise.  Your dissatisfaction with the situation has been noted but basically you are stuck with.  Either you can join a political group to fight it or you can lobby a politician or you can ignore rules  and advice and go down the civil disobedience route.   The thing that is undignified is whining about it.   

Sorry mate but i seem to remember it was you whining about things like masks and playgrounds etc 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jackc said:

agreed ,

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bull said:

Sorry mate but i seem to remember it was you whining about things like masks and playgrounds etc 

oh and the Brazil road toll is 

Brazil: Road Traffic Accidents

According to the latest WHO data published in 2018 Road Traffic Accidents Deaths in Brazil reached 43,698 or 3.96% of total deaths. The age adjusted Death Rate is 20.18 per 100,000 of population ranks Brazil #77 in the world. They really need to ban those deadly cars ah.....you know to stop the "DEATHS" as you panic merchants say ah??????

• Like 1

Just now, bull said:

uummm  I don't believe I have ever mentioned playgrounds and if I have motioned masks it has only been as an example of some measures that can help reduce the transmission rate.    Feel free to search my posts and provide an example.  I suspect you are conflating my posts with other peoples posts

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, octave said:

uummm  I don't believe I have ever mentioned playgrounds and if I have motioned masks it has only been as an example of some measures that can help reduce the transmission rate.    Feel free to search my posts and provide an example.  I suspect you are conflating my posts with other peoples posts

Yes you are correct and i apologise my bad,,,but you are recorded as being negative to those that are unvaxxed and saying that those that are unvaxxed are the real risk , when the actual opposite is the case ,if the vaccine works then vaccinated are more of a danger to the unvaccinated cause as you KNOW vaxxed can and do still get and die and spread the covid

• Like 1

This has gone past ridiculous. On this matter it's more extreme than any site I ever visit. The funny " jigger" is misused and people are just flinging lunatic insults back and forth. Well a few are. Some are being very patient There's no point continuing this .  Nev

Edited by facthunter
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1
  • Winner 2

1 hour ago, bull said:

So yearly death rate of 1,3% from all causes and covid is 0.02 maybe  we need to stop panicing ok...

So if one of your family dies of Covid, we don't have to give a rat's .... because they were such a tiny percentage.

49 minutes ago, jackc said:

Why not get in yours and fly off to your hermitage?

• Caution 1