Sodemo Engine

fly_tornado

Loved the sound of my Honda V-Twin. Nikasil bores should make it last OK. These people have a lot of practical experience making engines perform but reliability is going to be the key of course. If nothing else, we need to keep the pressure on Rotax with some competition.

I am thinking about building a new Rotax Gomorrah Ultralight. I was going to Rotaxize it but seeing this new engine maybe it will get Sodemoized. Talked it over with my mate Lot the other day over tea and scones (he brews a nice cuppa) and he said we could call it a Sodemo Gomorrah.

• Haha 6

I am thinking about building a new Rotax Gomorrah Ultralight. I was going to Rotaxize it but seeing this new engine maybe it will get Sodemoized. Talked it over with my mate Lot the other day over tea and scones (he brews a nice cuppa) and he said we could call it a Sodemo Gomorrah.

Lyc it!

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Nah, it'll end up buggered.

• Haha 2

• 5 months later...

Wouldn't have thought 78mm is a long stroke for an engine that needs torque. The weight is not shown as far as I can determine.. I'd like some information on the engine mounts. The 90 degree Vee twin has some good aspects that are better than a horizontal opposed twin. Nev

Hi,

In Dan Johnson's interview with the developer at Sun 'n Fun he mentions 120lbs, 100hp. A 126hp motor (close to the same weight) is also under development. They are rally car engine manufacturers. A long and successful history of engine manufacture.

This looks like a very competitive package.

Duncan

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

Their webpage says 136bhp. I also read the word "Morini" ....I must say it looks like the Morini engine. and , @ 136bhp per litre it looks somewhat motorcycle-like. But I still prefer the BMW Take-off conversion . That engine has been around a LONG time... And now thanks to NSW road/Insurance people you can get one for about $2000.

It looks like it would cowl easily. Our dollar is going to cruel everything for us from overseas. I had a good look at the air/oil cooled beemer the other day. It's mainly relying on oil . There's not many air passages through the finning. Nev

A good flow oil cooler will solve any doubts of the BMW motor.

Besides weight they are a excellent motor and if treated with a modicum of respect, will last a very,very long time.

The ICP motor I really like and hope to see many in the skies

• Agree 1