The XPB Stage 1 underway.

• 2 months later...

Bex had his engine project seeming on the brink of success, then he disappeared for a while. Then came back with the aircraft project, which seemed on the brink of success, then he has disappeared again. Hope he is OK.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/01/2021 at 1:15 PM, Methusala said:

Could be an unintended consequence of Morrison's trade war.

There's what, 4 posts asking after me in a year? I seem to be as popular as a man at a Feminist Convention wearing a strap on dildo.

But I am highly unimpressed with mostly Murdoch's lies and the anti-China hatefest it has created with Australians recently, add to that some of the complete lies the Government has thrown out there, but I did discover that anyway 16 years ago when I first landed here ... it's a very sad and distressing moment when you realise your own Government lies to you. 

My Dad is 85 now, he was tainted with the "Commy" nonsense (relative to modern times, and yeah, it was bad decades ago), now he can't wait for his trips over here. he also shakes his head when he sees the China nonsense, actually traveling to a Country and seeing for yourself is the only answer, Scott Morrison ought to try it ..... wouldn't suit his narrative though.   

On 02/01/2021 at 1:12 PM, Thruster88 said:

Has anyone heard from bex. Did he leave us because of the taildragger comment.  I hope he has not been subject to an unreasonable tariff.  

I've been called everything under the sun Mate, so some comment about a taildragger isn't going to bother me.

Simple fact is I gave up trying to recover from my open heart surgery, 6 months they said, every time I tried getting back up to working speed, I would have to spend longer recovering, what a struggle, and depressing, now over 2 years and I'm only just getting back to true full strength, and now just started spending 3 or 4 days a week comfortably in the factory again with just a day or 2 rest inbetween.

I used to do around 6 to 700 accumulative pushups through the day, now I do 30 and my sternum hurts like **** where they cut me in half if I do more. But I'll get there .... and so will a plane, I have a couple of offers and money on he table for the project when I'm ready.    

• Like 6

Hi Bex

I,m only a little a head of you, the years of sitting with that crook hip, really takes away your muscles.

18 months since my new hip, & Iv,e just started a little jogging,

Push up are 25 on the lower seat and 25 on the table top of the park bench.

With 2.5 klms walk to get there, lovely walk by the creek. ( don't forget l have to do the same distance after my jogging ).

Then it a large black coffee, with Honey, waiting for the strength to come back to my legs.

spacesailor

Good to hear from you again Bex. You are right about the Australian perception of China. We are fed the pro USA line by our brown nosing politicians while China demonstrates a terrific response to Covid 19, Far better than Australia response which was only to denigrate them.

How goes the plane?

• Like 2

Bex the sternum never heals its not a normal bone. Thats why you have the fencing wire around it. My dr told me never lift anymore than 15kg....I have done it quite a few times and paid the price for it. Even 8 years after my op its still a issue...you will get better in fitness but not ability. You are just going to have to get used to not doing things you used to do..."Your mind makes promises your body cant keep" is definetly true after you have had your sternum split

Life is still good...you just have to recognise that sometimes you need a hand....my wife gets called into the workshop regularly for me 🙂

• Helpful 1

Well, Kyle, thanks for that info. Neither my surgeon nor my cardiologist told me that about the sternum. When I saw the x-rays, I thought to myself 'why do they leave the wire in forever?'. (Now I know).

Then I thought 'gee I'd be ashamed to do messy lock wiring like that!'

• Haha 2

On 27/03/2021 at 5:08 AM, bexrbetter said:

There's what, 4 posts asking after me in a year? I seem to be as popular as a man at a Feminist Convention wearing a strap on dildo.

But I am highly unimpressed with mostly Murdoch's lies and the anti-China hatefest it has created with Australians recently, add to that some of the complete lies the Government has thrown out there, but I did discover that anyway 16 years ago when I first landed here ... it's a very sad and distressing moment when you realise your own Government lies to you. 

My Dad is 85 now, he was tainted with the "Commy" nonsense (relative to modern times, and yeah, it was bad decades ago), now he can't wait for his trips over here. he also shakes his head when he sees the China nonsense, actually traveling to a Country and seeing for yourself is the only answer, Scott Morrison ought to try it ..... wouldn't suit his narrative though.   

I've been called everything under the sun Mate, so some comment about a taildragger isn't going to bother me.

Simple fact is I gave up trying to recover from my open heart surgery, 6 months they said, every time I tried getting back up to working speed, I would have to spend longer recovering, what a struggle, and depressing, now over 2 years and I'm only just getting back to true full strength, and now just started spending 3 or 4 days a week comfortably in the factory again with just a day or 2 rest inbetween.

I used to do around 6 to 700 accumulative pushups through the day, now I do 30 and my sternum hurts like **** where they cut me in half if I do more. But I'll get there .... and so will a plane, I have a couple of offers and money on he table for the project when I'm ready.    

Great to hear from you again, Bex

I hope you make as a good a recovery as possible. Keep up the good work.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kyle Communications said:

Life is still good...you just have to recognise that sometimes you need a hand....my wife gets called into the workshop regularly for me 🙂

My missus drives me crazy, I am quite aware now how to lift without hurting myself, after hurting myself ...

She tries to stop me doing the most normal of things, drives me crazy,

8 hours ago, nomadpete said:

Then I thought 'gee I'd be ashamed to do messy lock wiring like that!'

Looks bizzare in Xrays doesn't it ...

Sadly my scar is almost gone, I wanted a big horrible scar to show off, darn it!

Aaah the war wounds! Mine are fading now, too.

My darling wife keeps trying to mother me. Recently during a break between the neighbours trefelling activities I grabbed my chainsaw to deal with a couple of saplings. Her good self, ever watchful, screamed out "Put that f........en chainsaw away!".  Of course, cowed, I put it away. So did the other bloke half a mile up our valley! 

Take care, Bex, that's the only body you get to live in, so make it last a lifetime (well, as far as we know. And that's when the fight started)

• Haha 3

GOOD SCAR,S.

All Old ( pre fifties ) scars are the best for showing off.

Have one on the same leg, as my New hip replacement  scar.

The first 1945, 1/2" wide, the new 2020 like a fine red pen line.

It won,t last !.

spacesailor

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Kyle Communications said:

My scar is pretty knarley..also one of the wires sort of protudes under the skin...the wire on the xrays looks like the ABC symbol 🙂

A lissajous figure 😉.

The anti China rhetoric gets right up my nose. I've seen articles lately saying how China wants to start a war. Why do that? They can easily turn economic screws that will have far greater impact. China is the worlds factory now as the west doesn't want to make anything any more so most manufacturers have no capacity or capability to compete. Then we complain about quality when we wanted everything made at a cheaper price. There is cheap Chinese crap but plenty of high quality stuff as well. It just costs more.

There may be an authoritarian government but now there is no Chinese poverty and the population is over 1.4 billion. No-one else can make that claim. The progress and incredible infrastructure that has just blown the west to bits in the last 20 years is staggering.

• Like 1

we get the pcb's made and loaded in a factory in China for the product we make here. The quality is excellent 99% of the time. The company that does it also makes their own LCD modules used in a lot of stuff that you most likely use. Very professional to deal with as well. The heatsinks for our products are made from injected metal..it is not done here in OZ anymore and they are high quality as well. The transformers we used to make here ourselves but we now get them made to our design in China. The company does a really good job. They are the third company we tried the first two the quality wasnt there. KG is right...in China you get what you pay for. You pay cheap rates that is what you get but we are prretty happy with the guys we use..not cheap but do a very good job . All assembly is done here we just get certain parts from there. The rest which would be 70% is sourced or manufactured here. 

The woman I deal with for our electronics ( she is lovely to deal with too and we have been doing business with them now for 6 years) was complaining just last week about the price of stuff over there now going up in price...the living type stuff...food etc and of course to us for the cost of the parts we get made for us.

Its interesting to see now how the locals are now facing the same issues as we did many years ago

"

The price of copper increased more than 60% per ton from 2020.2-2021..3, nickel and tin 50%, that's why PCB factory increased price. 
LCD glass price increased because silver price increased which causing ITO glass price rising.
Iron frame price increased because of environment protection, as well as package cartons, price of imported pulp rising.
And kinds of electronic components shortage not only bring problem for small companies, even causing production line reduction of big automobile companies. 
Even anhydrous ethanol which used for cleaning increased price, I don't know why, maybe they see everyone rise price...

We are not sure if the price will come down next year. You know in 2019, the pork here is only 3.5$/kg, now it's about 10$/kg, and there is no sign in the market that pork price will reduce, so glad that I prefer vegetarian diet..."
  • Informative 2

On 30/03/2021 at 7:37 PM, kgwilson said:

The anti China rhetoric gets right up my nose. I've seen articles lately saying how China wants to start a war. Why do that? 

There is cheap Chinese crap but plenty of high quality stuff as well. It just costs more.

There may be an authoritarian government 

The US military machine needs enemies to justify it's $700 billion defense budget every year, it's making so many people wealthy, would would they not do it, sadly Australia seems to be getting onto this bandwagon. 

There are military equipment made all around the World by Australia's Allies, but guess where everything is coming from .. the USA. And now will include long range missiles for the first time ever, to combat "the China threat". Why can't people see that all the nonsense is to make people very rich, nothing to do with threats.

"cheap Chinese crap" is what people buy, they create the market, not China. Supercheap, Target, etc isn't owned by Chinese .

What Authoritarian Government? People seem very confused about this, I find there is way more oppressive laws in Australia than China.

It's frustrating, here I am in a completely normal society, surrounded by reasonably well off, healthy, very happy people, just going about their business everyday like most places on the planet, and I read this hatefest about the place everyday on social media, that just isn't true..  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

This fear-mongering has gone on so long that there are nations on earth who truly believe the Russians/Arabs/Chinese/South Americans/Some Foreigners will pour across the borders and massacre them or worse the moment they drop their military guard...and who live in a state of endless gratitude to their military for their daily 'service' in preventing this.

So, yes, it leads to the continuous expansion and glorification of the military.

And it is also used, in the supposed interest of national security, as a means to pass oppressive laws.

12 hours ago, bexrbetter said:

What Authoritarian Government? People seem very confused about this, I find there is way more oppressive laws in Australia than China.

It's frustrating, here I am in a completely normal society, surrounded by reasonably well off, healthy, very happy people, just going about their business everyday like most places on the planet, and I read this hatefest about the place everyday on social media, that just isn't true..  

The term Authoritarian is defined by the Economic Intelligence unit a division of the Economist Group based in the UK and is when political pluralism is non existent and includes monarchys and dictatorships as well as one party states. Australia is considered a full democracy and the US a flawed democracy. It makes no comment on whether one system is better than the other. In fact there are only 23 full democracies in the world compared to 57 authoritarian regimes.

When Morrison began bagging Beijing and blaming China for Covid 19, China imposed a few tariffs on Australian imports & the anti Chinese rhetoric exploded here promoted by the right wing group in the Morrson government. The media blew it all up to hell especially Murdochs tabloids. First it was wine, then barley, coal, lobsters, cotton, timber and others. Anti Chinese sentiment is rife in the community still. The pollies complained that they wanted to talk to their Chinese counterparts but they wouldn't answer the phone. Morrison shot himself and Australia in the foot. All he had to do was apologise. 

NZ on the other hand that has a centrist labour government has maintained good relations with China expanding on its Free trade Agreement (originally signed a year ahead of Australia) maintaining good relations with China. Scotty from marketing has proven he is the worst marketing manager you could get stuffing up the trade relationship with our biggest trading partner.

Edited by kgwilson
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Winner 1

Been awhile since I’ve been on the forum. Good to hear Bex that things are getting better for you. 
Was only thinking the other day on how all this bs between our governments was affecting you and your project. Ive bought so much through Chinese manufacturers of late and DONT have a problem at all with my dealings, and I think the feelings are mutual. 

• 1 year later...

Morrisons NOWHERE now. Cock of the walk one week, and a feather duster the next. That's the risk of allowing elections..  The worst system out there, except for all the others. (Churchill).Nev

• Like 1
  • Agree 1