I have seen costs quoted in discussions here of $200-$300 per hour including instructor. Does anyone have examples of current costs, or possibly aircraft hire rates, for RAA training?

Gawler in SA and Daves flying school the Oaks about the cheapest per hour I have seen at under $200 per hour for instruction. All depends on your schedule travel etc. Went through the exercise this year with my young bloke and due to the 900km round trip for us we stayed for 7 days at a time on 4 occasions and he flew weather permitting. The older you are the harder it is to learn so that intensity of every day can be tiresome and not end up saving money. I think finding the a school/instructor which suits you is the best value because you will learn faster and enjoyment is key.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Assuming it's a Raaus conversion, you'll need 5 hours, of which 1 hr solo. Tyabb is around $300ph and they have a Foxbat online.

Plus ~$300 for RaOz membership.

15 hours ago, Agamemnon said:

Around $270 per hour for Tecnams in Southern Victoria. Total cost (including everything) for my RPC was around $8k.

Was that including cross country and passenger endorsements.

On 08/01/2022 at 12:37 AM, BrendAn said:

Was that including cross country and passenger endorsements.

Nope, cross country is around another $4k. Passenger endorsement maybe another $600-$1k depending on whether you do it before or after cross-country. These costs include all flight hours and required purchases except for an iPad and EFB subscription (which is another $1k plus potentially).

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 09/01/2022 at 11:07 AM, Agamemnon said:

Nope, cross country is around another $4k. Passenger endorsement maybe another $600-$1k depending on whether you do it before or after cross-country. These costs include all flight hours and required purchases except for an iPad and EFB subscription (which is another $1k plus potentially).

Wow!! "cross country is around another $4k Passenger endorsement maybe another $600-$1k" So that  makes what I would consider to be a useful certificate $12-13K. The basic $8K didn't seem so unreasonable but I cant see how the additional endorsement can cost an additional $5K - how can this be justified??