Tell us about your last flight

Admin

Yippee, I got three quarters of an hour in this afternoon at about 5:30. I was meant to be unloading a truck but he rang me up saying he would be another hour as he had a minor breakdown, I was actually doing a dummy preflight while I waited for him so I went over it all and decided to try flying with both doors removed. So I secured a few loose things in the back and locked the 'cargo' door and was off in no time.

Was beautifully smooth in the whole time I only felt 2 ripples of basically dead thermals. Smoke haze from the west was just getting to our place as I took off but not enough to ruin my VFR rules. Without the doors I kept to a steady 50 knots and loafed around at about 550 feet, just glorious.

And the best thing was seeing all the neighbours working:wink:image.jpg.76d73dfa03982a14ef4a6ad5960a1ac5.jpg

image.jpg.210301a0b4aa7ff0670d7f94d236771d.jpg

image.jpg.ee6f37754d704439b11a63ec32cd5813.jpg

• Like 3
  • Caution 1

Flew from Sunshine Coast to Loxton today.

Pic was around Gatton way.

Head winds, 6 hours 50 up and 8. 45 hours home. Interesting trip.

Fuel $1.98 at Narromine, $2.10 at Caloundra.

Massive dust storm at Mildura, a Dash 8 asked who was 20 miles east of Mildura?

Transponder sure was a help.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Flew along the 90 Mile Beach a few days ago to YORB , located on the coast at Marlo . Burn offs were being conducted by Dept of Resources limiting visibility . Unusually busy for YORB , with Cessna 337 for fire personnel ,air ambulance for patient transfer and Piper Tomahawk from Bairnsdale ....... Bob

image.jpg.ae958842d818c773111a14765c0a0ec1.jpg

image.jpg.c2dc548da3968851f4f684d83ceb1b9c.jpg

image.jpg.5a62fa9f2e78352c9fa29addc8c23bdc.jpg

.............. and , if things turn nasty !

image.jpg.35191dc56f68b558f4380e71aa8d3a3d.jpg

• Like 2

12 months ago after taking delivery of my Gyro in Newcastle NSW, I flew it back home to Bunbury WA. 4000 kms over 5 days - mother nature was very kind to me passing 3 different weather systems across the continent :)

i've made a short YouTube clip of the adventure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXoKKAaNlOs

• Like 7

Flew to Maryborough Vic yesterday. A well- equipped and maintained field with not a soul present. One aircraft tied down, but otherwise looked like the zombies had been and gone leaving nothing alive.

Hi just arrived in birdsville after leaving Latrobe Valley yesterday with lunch at swan hill and overnight

at white cliffs lunch at Cameron corner and a quick visit to the dig tree

Ash and Wendy

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

We had a beautiful day of flying today, we had our monthly brekky (will be a lunch through winter) get together and had a visit from the tamworth vintage car club which had us busy till we concluded with lunch.

I had a busy time taking a variety of people for a fly and absolutely loved it, took my cousins little 6yo boy for his first flight and couldn't wipe the smile off his face he was totally thrilled. Also an aero club members grandson who was up for the school holidays, he normally flys in granddads thruster but wanted to have a fly with me for something different so we did a circuit and he sheepishly asked if we had time for another so another we did:thumb up: And to top it all off later in the day I was going to fly his uncle back to his granddads strip but he kicked uncle out and got another go:clap:.

Also gave my little 2yo a short fly after his constant nagging:wink: And then his big sister got a twilight flight for her birthday treat:thumb up:

Nearly four hours of flying others around, how does it get any better?

Sorry I didn't take any pics but I was too busy having fun:what the:

• Like 3

Left birdsville today great flight to boulia where we had lunch at the visitors centre and then on to mt is a pretty turbulent as the day had warmed up landed at mt isa whwere we will stay for a couple of days before heading to adele grove

Ash & WendyWendy

• Like 2

I lurked a flight as a passenger in a Cherokee 6 for someone taking a demo flight and wanted a pax for ballast and/or practice briefing. HOLY POOP that thing goes like a stripe-assed ape!

I went up on a local flight yesterday afternoon. I havent flown in about 7 weeks the first 2 weeks was due to crap weather the last 5 weeks have been recovering from a operation. Only just started feeling well enough to fly now. Was a perfect day almost unlimited vis. Had a video camera going but the file was somehow corrupted so bummer. I didnt take any stills because I thought it was taking video. It was nice to get the bum back into the seat and such a nice smooth afternoon. Should be heading off to the Baramba Dam flyin in 2 weeks then to the Inglewood flyin the week after that. This camera better work :)

Mark

• Like 2

Was a bit windy this afternoon but I still felt like a fly, it wasn't real bumpy out over the flats so I poked around for a smidge over an hour. Watching the shadows lengthen from the air is beautiful. Here's a pic of my neighbour's inlaws carting sorghum from the paddock and the second one is the header. Pics taken through the window so a faint shadow of me there too:wink:image.jpg.1a94431d3ea628b06076064a3d8113f7.jpg

image.jpg.d0013c5059f1c534169835eea04990cd.jpg

• Like 3
  • Winner 1

Guest Maj Millard
Was a bit windy this afternoon but I still felt like a fly, it wasn't real bumpy out over the flats so I poked around for a smidge over an hour. Watching the shadows lengthen from the air is beautiful. Here's a pic of my neighbour's inlaws carting sorghum from the paddock and the second one is the header. Pics taken through the window so a faint shadow of me there too:wink:[ATTACH=full]35076[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]35077[/ATTACH]

Definitely dropping into Quirindi next time I'm down that way.....also bumpy air this morning in this area.

image.jpg.000f3f8017ac25c605e27066f8f617a8.jpg I did an overnight to Ass's Ear Wilderness Lodge aka YGMP yesterday and came back today.

Four aircraft from our Goulburn Valley Aeroclub with 11 members enjoyed some beautiful flying weather - not often the Auster will fly hands off for any length of time - and a great night of food and wine in the lodge's dining room with our host, Steve. Have to say the cost was extraordinarily reasonable and I'd recommend it to any group of fliers looking for a place to spend a day or two for a modest outlay.

1200 metre grass strip and parking next to the very comfortable cabins made it even better. The country around the Grampians is very dry and looks like it could be a pretty difficult winter for those on the land this year.

Lot of smoke from stubble burning on the way home cut the vis around Bendigo. Shepparton was closed by notam for some runway work but the ARO kindly offered to clear the equipment for our return which was greatly appreciated.

Kaz

image.jpg.a70250ed84b9db1bc4151af18da8497e.jpg

image.jpg.a56717f3bed45a529c37f372d9ee1428.jpg

• Like 6
  • Agree 1

Not really my last flight but , as things have gone a bit quiet here, thought I might post a few pics from a few years ago .

On climb to around 7500' ,tracking North from Bairnsdale toward the dividing range .

image.jpg.c7b2668d5a8f1efe6a1e5864a2c19c3e.jpg

image.jpg.4fabb8d83f704aa96d6dbbff3a7e303b.jpg

Looking down the valley toward Bright/Porepunkah tracking Yarrawonga.

image.jpg.7963014336ca51dc8670501945a5742c.jpg

• Like 6

Looking at the beautiful scenery that members have posted here, and the exceptional diversity of our landscapes, makes me ever so grateful to be a pilot and immensely proud to be an Australian.

ANZAC day is fast approaching and I wonder once more at the spirit that has led our young men to serve again and again in places far away. And I think especially about those who didn't return.

Kaz

• Like 3