Guess This Aircraft ?

Reid and Sigrist RS4 Bobsleigh

Bloody Hell that was quick! Correct but when I worked on it it was operated by an aerial survey company and was called a Desford and was piloted normally, not prone.

I couldn't resist the opportunity to take this shot of a cute little biplane beside my Sonex at Lethbridge a couple of years ago.

[GALLERY=media, 3944]IMG_20170513_152602 by Peter Anson posted May 13, 2017 at 7:48 PM[/GALLERY]

My guess is that tricky engine oil top-up would be a pretty frequent job.

• Like 1

Monospar ST-4?

Crack on. NZ Aerial Mapping started business with an ST25 Monospar in 1936, and she was still airworthy in the 80's...I saw it do a lolly scramble at an air show.

In '86 it was lost in a hangar fire, I believe it was the last one left flying.

In the interim NZAM went through a twin Beech, then a very nice Aero-Commander...they had good taste! A little history here, for those interested:

3rd Level New Zealand: Mapping NZ Aerial Mapping

Note reduction boxes on those little radials, resulting in offset props. Also resulted in unusual rattly noise, as I think the gears were square cut...

Airspeed Envoy with twin Pobjoy radials? Pure guess, no google!

Monospar, as GraemeK said.

Certainly they used Pobjoy radials, though I can't pretend to know if this example (or NZAM's ST25) were Pobjoys. Seems likely, though?

There is one that flies into Caboolture ever so often.

Okay....that's good to hear!

Lovely wing shape...and interesting to read about the monospar wing developement too.

• 2 weeks later...
Big Boys` Toy ??? 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif[ATTACH=full]50490[/ATTACH]

Frank.

Dunno...we can only hope & pray Renault tweaked a little dihedral in there before opening the throttle for the poor ole fella...............(

More than 24 hours and no bites.

The aircraft if a 1910 Pither (no, I'm not thpeaking with a lithp). It was built in NZ in 1910 and a replica built in 2003. Read more here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbert_Pither.

With the aircraft in the background, I would guess this is the replica.

• Like 1

More than 24 hours and no bites.The aircraft if a 1910 Pither (no, I'm not thpeaking with a lithp). It was built in NZ in 1910 and a replica built in 2003. Read more here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbert_Pither.

With the aircraft in the background, I would guess this is the replica.

What a pither!
  • Haha 1

• 5 months later...