Guess This Aircraft ?

Close enough. May be known by different names in different places. Initial image listed as AMD Alarus (or Alerus) CH2000 trainer. Same horse, different jockey.

Close enough. May be known by different names in different places.

It's all a bit confusing, Zenair, Zenith, Zenith Air, AMD, Newplane, all the same company basically, not sure why all the run around.

It's all a bit confusing, Zenair, Zenith, Zenith Air, AMD, Newplane, all the same company basically, not sure why all the run around.

I thought it was the "Zenith Aircraft Company" which gets contracted to "Zenair" in their website etc.

"Zenith" of course being an anagram of Heintz.

That was quick HF!

The photo came from an album of photos taken at 2017 EAA Airventre at Oshkosh. The album contains 886 photos like this one and the ones below. If you have a wet afternoon to fill you might find it interesting. A link to the album is also shown below. Click on any image for a larger version, and scroll down for a description. To return to the album, a link appears in the top left above the large image.

2017 EAA AirVenture at Oshkosh

proteus.JPG.045cb557f161703cf31533777c887a62.JPG

fifi.JPG.ae07541251df263eb5e14a305215f005.JPG

• 1 month later...
I may have already posted this. If so ...

It's the Rutan Grizzly, what other plane ever had 4 flaps ...

I love canards, but this was a pathetic waste of breath outside of their typical mission.

• 5 weeks later...

I believe Douglas Mawson was the first to take an aircraft to Antarctica. It was damaged en-route during a storm and later used to tow sleds. It was housed under the "verandah" of Mawson's Hut, where it might still be...

It's not an aircraft, at least in this photo. It was a Vickers REP aircraft taken to Antarctica by Sir Douglas Mawson, but was damaged before it took off. It was converted to a propeller driven sled, but was not successful.

mawson.JPG.3052eaa91c379019a0345031d7195d82.JPG

• Informative 1

Nice work... Jut found an article on it. Australian team restoring Mawsons hut have appently found the airframe. The wings were originally left back in Australia during a Demonstration Flight in Adelaide and yes it was converted to a sled. But the Vickers motor had troubles in the temps so was sent back to England :)

• Informative 2