Pauline got a jab

Do what I do and work backwards. If you give the highest number to the person you really don't want in, then work through to the least offensive at #1,

At the end of the day, that's basically how our voting system works.

We need to have a vote of who is the leader of the parties first and to get rid of dead wood That would scare the hell out of all pollies.

I think it would come as a shock who the real leaders of the 2 Parties are. Quite often our visible front man, the PM, can be a fair way down the food chain.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Voting has become ridiculous, particularly for the Senate. According to the TV this morning, the Senate voting form is twice as long as a booth in the polling centre is wide. It's getting such that we will have to roll it up like a toilet roll, which equates to what it's good for.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Voting has become ridiculous, particularly for the Senate. According to the TV this morning, the Senate voting form is twice as long as a booth in the polling centre is wide. It's getting such that we will have to roll it up like a toilet roll, which equates to what it's good for.

...it surely couldn't be worse than the tablecloth we had a couple of elections ago, where we had to number 72 boxes in sequence.

Next month's Federal election will be lots easier: number 6 boxes above the line, or 12 below it.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

With most people doing transactions like banking online, why the hell are we still going to physical ballot boxes? Is the security of my vote any more important than the security of my money?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Yes all those parties were so surprised that someone got in on a real popular vote of the people that they ganged together to get rid of her ,regardless of whether you agree or disagree on her policies, if those parties did the same to form policy on important problems in Australia and around the world how much would things be better. Now where is my optimistic button ?!!!!

I think the party,s were totally shocked how she went at the polls and how things have changed not having her idea,s in goverment asking questions , i,m only 40 and back when i was a kid politicion had a bit of repect and where repected , bank mangers the same boat ,police ,fire and ambo'S as well ,. Now poltitions just sell out to highest bidder NO MATTER WHAT , bank mangers have no power , police have lost there repect of people (many due to traffic duty) , fire and amb'os are just punching bags for drug user. and out of touch judges that should be in nursing homes just let them all off .

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 1

With most people doing transactions like banking online, why the hell are we still going to physical ballot boxes? Is the security of my vote any more important than the security of my money?

Paper keeps a lot of AEC staff busy, electronic voting would make elections too easy to call

I think the party,s were totally shocked how she went at the polls and how things have changed not having her idea,s in goverment asking questions , i,m only 40 and back when i was a kid politicion had a bit of repect and where repected , bank mangers the same boat ,police ,fire and ambo'S as well ,. Now poltitions just sell out to highest bidder NO MATTER WHAT , bank mangers have no power , police have lost there repect of people (many due to traffic duty) , fire and amb'os are just punching bags for drug user. and out of touch judges that should be in nursing homes just let them all off .

that's just the media's slant on everything, no one is buying newspapers anymore and TV is struggling for an audience so they play up to people's expectations

• Like 1

I used to think that Marty, but I've heard too many stories about how US elections (with voting machines) are easily rigged. With scrutineers and lots of paper ballots, fewer chances to cheat.

• Agree 1

Politics sucks but it would be good if someone started a Pro Aviation party. Before they put the latest bandaid on the ridiculously stupid preferential system there could have easily been a Pro Aviation Senator. Ricky Muir got in with hardly any votes at all but umpteen preferences. Even with the bandaid in place, horse trading will still go on & voters just have to put up with it.

• Agree 1

This has kinda drifted away from aviation. I thought the boss wanted this sort of conversaton shunted to the "off topic". ??

You seriously reckon that any mention of Hanson is going to not raise a comment anywhere ... kudos to the guys for actually containing themselves in general.

• Agree 1

You seriously reckon that any mention of Hanson is going to not raise a comment anywhere ... kudos to the guys for actually containing themselves in general.

No. But I recall the boss getting toey about topics that might damage this site's stats so I sort of expected that talk of Pauline would be shunted. Doesn't worry me.

No. But I recall the boss getting toey about topics that might damage this site's stats so I sort of expected that talk of Pauline would be shunted. Doesn't worry me.

The is always more to life than Google ranking, but he pays the bills.

• Agree 2

But most of those poor areas are a result of their own prejudices, which she always plays up to.

You mean like the ALP with the Corporate tax avoidance, Greens with gay marriage social guilt, ... etc etc - we could be here all day with examples.

Political Parties everywhere on the planet play up to people's prejudices, naive, or extremely one eyed, to say the least, to suggest otherwise.

• Agree 1

While I don't pay much attention to Aussie politics, they're less entertaining and have less impact on the world economy and hence commodities trades and the NZ economy, I'm left wondering if there's an angle in her having a Jab as a flying taxicab, or is that just coincidence? I'm sure she could have got a Cirrus or an Alpi or a Cessna to buzz her around just as easily. But what I know of her from the media she gets over here reminds me strongly of Winston Peters...

If she has an angle with having a Jab and is planning some kind of "Political/Bureaucratic Incompetence killing Aussie Jobs, Vote for Me and I'll sort it out" sort of thing pointing to the Jabiru/CASA issues...

Or do you guys think it's just a coincidence?

While I don't pay much attention to Aussie politics, they're less entertaining and have less impact on the world economy and hence commodities trades and the NZ economy, I'm left wondering if there's an angle in her having a Jab as a flying taxicab, or is that just coincidence? I'm sure she could have got a Cirrus or an Alpi or a Cessna to buzz her around just as easily. But what I know of her from the media she gets over here reminds me strongly of Winston Peters...If she has an angle with having a Jab and is planning some kind of "Political/Bureaucratic Incompetence killing Aussie Jobs, Vote for Me and I'll sort it out" sort of thing pointing to the Jabiru/CASA issues...

Or do you guys think it's just a coincidence?

I'd be surprised if she knew the difference between a Jab and an A380. I'm guessing she just asked for the cheapest charter who was prepared to deface their plane with her mug.

• Agree 1

Hopefully it's a one to one ratio - one raving right wing looney offsets one raving left wing looney. Both are equally as dangerous

Not.

A Far Right can be shown where he is wrong and they'll drop it and move along to their next rant, a Far Left won't acknowledge being wrong in anyway.

• Agree 2
  • Haha 2
  • Caution 2

Not.A Far Right can be shown where he is wrong and they'll drop it and move along to their next rant, a Far Left won't acknowledge being wrong in anyway.

I think intransigence applies to both ends of the spectrum.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3