Pauline got a jab

By the way I would be the first to admit that I am not particularly knowledgeable about the housing market but I am not necessarily convinced about the narrative that housing is unaffordable because of .... Asians.

That's pretty specific to who was doing the bulk of property purchase at the time, I can't change facts, if it had been Germans then I guess we would be talking about "bloody Krauts" in the same vain.

One Nation 566,989 votes (4.3%)

The Greens 1,121,804 vote (8.4%)

just saying!

You're most certainly not seeing what I am.

The Greens ran their biggest campaign in history, I saw as much Green stuff on social media as I did the ALPs with Libs coming a distance third.

What I saw most was post after post of attacks and belittling of Pauline Hanson. Almost every single time with the word "racist" in highlight and some ugly photo of Hanson while all the posts of the Greens were all the glossy save the pregnant black muslim whale's fur coat and use renewable energy while doing it.

One Nation contested 15 seats, might win half, Greens contest 150 seats and went backwards.

And yet with all of that, ONP gets 4.3% of the vote and the Greens are going backwards - are you seriously telling me that's there's not some serious dissatisfaction going on with a good chunk of the Australian public based on those results and how they came about?

This isn't about ONP or Pauline Hanson, it is about being oppressed in multiple minor ways on a constant daily basis and not being heard, and as bad, being told how and who you should have to live with. They turn to the Hanson's and the Trumps to be heard, some of you need to see what's going on instead of just turning your head in ignorance.

But anyway, Immigration is now a false economy, the predictions of currently instigated and coming automation have put a stop to the needs of increased labour force or replacement of outgoing workers. We are full, not used in a racist way, but a factual lack of need of workers. Holden, Ford and Toyota will see 50,000 more unemployed in 2018, besides the constant closure of manufacturing in Australia, both from simply old tech and overseas competition.

50% of all current jobs to be automated by 2030 ...

http://www.oxfordmartin.ox.ac.uk/downloads/academic/The_Future_of_Employment.pdf

Stop immigration, I don't care who it is or what culture they are founded in, I got grand kids and I want them to have decent social services with good employment prospects in 2030.

• Agree 5

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cubby Station is such an environmentally unique and sensitive situation that I don't believe it should have been sold to a foreign interest. It needs to be constantly monitored and accountable for proper practices. Australia is a pretty sensitive place being one of the driest continents on earth with reliance on underground aquifers, being looked after properly, amongst other things. Nev

A real issue with large purchases like this is that essentially no Australian (or acceptable OS party) is interested. Some of these farms have been on the rocks and for sale for many years.

Current owners - loosing money daily - often supported by our banks, superfunds etcetc, are pressed to get out. Its a hard policy to legally stop a sale which could stop the pain for current AU owners.

To exist in AU agriculture takes a long term position which very few, including politicians, can fathom

For residential property, also remember for every property purchase for too much money is a seller doing well from the deal and real odds are that its an Australian.

The more speculation with houses the more costly they are. ( Increased demand) Europe never has a high% of home ownership. You usually have to be an only child and inherit it, from well off parents. Long term renting is normal. Some aged people I know are quite destitute In Germany. It's OK while money is coming in. Nev

No identification...... what does that even mean???

Chinese primarily from Hong Kong, represented by Chinese Australians at locat auctions.

Friend of ours old their house in Mount Waverley about five years ago and it is yet to be rented.

The City of Box Hill could correctly be described as a Chinese city now - streets of great chinese restaurants are a few of the upsides, huge investment into the Melbourne retail sector another.

However, the population of Melbourne is 4.4 million and the population of Hong Kong is 7.4 million and it seems many of the well heeled want to get their money working in Melbourne because of the uneasy feelings within the Hong Kong/China relationship.

That leaves young to middle aged Melbourne couples paying a much higher price for the smaller remaining market, which is where Pauline Hanson is focused.

Thanks Willedoo; I've heard of that great religious movement but hadn't taken much notice. Just googled it. The Pastafarian message deserves a wider audience. If God exists I'm sure it has a sense of proportion and won't be offended.

A core Aussie value is that we don't take anything too seriously (besides sport) so I don't blame anyone for losing interest in this thread.

Interesting to note that New Zealand recently recognized the religion for marriage purposes. In that country, you can now be legally married by a Pastafarian pastor. Same status as a civil celebrant, I would imagine.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Chinese primarily from Hong Kong, represented by Chinese Australians at locat auctions.Friend of ours old their house in Mount Waverley about five years ago and it is yet to be rented.

The City of Box Hill could correctly be described as a Chinese city now - streets of great chinese restaurants are a few of the upsides, huge investment into the Melbourne retail sector another.

However, the population of Melbourne is 4.4 million and the population of Hong Kong is 7.4 million and it seems many of the well heeled want to get their money working in Melbourne because of the uneasy feelings within the Hong Kong/China relationship.

That leaves young to middle aged Melbourne couples paying a much higher price for the smaller remaining market, which is where Pauline Hanson is focused.

Yes Turbs I understand all of that. If this is a problem (and I genuinely haven't made up my mind on that) then the culprits are not those Asians. My understanding is that foreign buyers are supposed to apply to buy real estate The Purchase of Australian Property by Foreign Residents | Exfin - The Australian Expatriate's Gateway

My argument is not specifically about real estate it was actually in answer to Bex's question "could anyone demonstrate anything racist that Hanson had said"

Now I was extremely careful not to throw around the R word but I suggested it was a rather dumb thing to say.

Firstly as I just noted these sales are supposed be vetted by the Foreign Investment Review Board. If there is a problem then this is where it lies. If they are not doing a good job then perhaps she could have called for an enquiry into the Foreign Investment Review Board. According to the Foreign Investment review Board the top ten buyers by nationality are:

1. China $12,406m

2. USA $6,135m

3. Singapore $4,303m

4. Canada $2,945m

5. Malaysia $2,038m

6. UK $1,795m

7. Netherlands $1,720m

8. NZ $1,362m

9. Hong Kong $1,279m

10. Germany $1,169m

11. South Korea $1,083m

Where Australia’s international property buyers come from - realestate.com.au

Why doesn't Hanson mention Americans, Germans, British, New Zealanders etc?

I have three problems with her statement.

- It is not universally accepted that foreign buyers are the major driver of price rises in real estate. I read an article that suggested that a bigger pressure on prices is lack of new land availability. I have no idea whether this is true, partially true or false, I don't know but we should find out before pointing the finger at one group of people.

- When asked whether Asians were Australians as well, she (Hanson) said “are they?

My Asian friends, some born overseas but now Aussie citizens and some born here are quite rightly offended and so would I be. I don't see why they should be called upon to prove their Australianness.

- Most disturbingly though is that whatever she personally believes the message some may take from this is that if you are struggling to buy a house (which is difficult in a capital city) then these are the people to blame, don't worry about issues such as land availability, the concentration of populations, urban density, property investors from countries where they don't look different to us etc.

I think Hanson has the right to say whatever she wants to but also her detractors have the right to say whatever they like. I do think it is rather unhelpful to throw around the term racist except in the worst cases, I would much rather that she be challenged on the evidence.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

I read an article that suggested that a bigger pressure on prices is lack of new land availability. I have no idea whether this is true, partially true or false, I don't know but we should find out before pointing the finger at one group of people.

Availability of new land for housing is a different subject, much closer to home and much more despicable.

Victoria's example is a good one to look at; the Government opens up vast tracts of "growth corridors" for housing in Melbourne.

Developers buy up the land and then release only about 5% of those newly designated growth corridors, using the intense competition, primarily among first home buyers to jack the land price up from around $4000.00 per hectare to hundreds of thousands of dollars per building lot.

You can see some examples in the attachment.

S1815.jpg.2c921b6f85aba8b1f49bb2f373d59ebb.jpg

• Agree 1

Obscene market manipulation like this deserves the attention of governments, but big donations from developers makes that unlikely. New residential blocks (even in country towns) are now tiny. Almost no yard for the kids- just a high, bland steel fence to look at.

Why not just build town houses and share facilities like playgrounds, laundries, etc.

• Agree 1

That can have some unexpected flow on effects.

As a result of the high prices, and priorities drifting on to Iphones, Tablets, and little Benzes, two story McMansions locally are being built on almost the entire footprint of the block.

No garden to attend to, no lawn to mow, but the double car garage is usually used for a bedroom or office.

So the wife's car is parked in the tiny driveway, and the tradie ute and trailer out on the nature strip along with kids cars.

Only problem is, the Council has designed the roads to act as floodways.

Cubby Station is such an environmentally unique and sensitive situation that I don't believe it should have been sold to a foreign interest. It needs to be constantly monitored and accountable for proper practices. Australia is a pretty sensitive place being one of the driest continents on earth with reliance on underground aquifers, being looked after properly, amongst other things. Nev

Cubby is an amazing place. I delivered 11 * 20,000 ltr fuel tanks out there just before the floods at Easter, I think it was 2011. Not certain of the year. I took out 220,000 litres of fuel storage capacity along with roadtrains that carried the fuel to fill them all. This was the fuel they needed to run their pumps during the suspected isolation period. They were expecting to be cutoff by the floods for up to 6 months. We got in and out on Easter Saturday, the last roadtrain got behind the rest of us due to problems on Good Friday. It took him 6 weeks to get out. The rest of us were back in Brissy for Easter Monday.

It was one of those write your own cheque type of jobs. Phone Call at 1600 on the Thursday before Easter. Hey Geoff we got these tanks blah blah "Urgent" blah blah can you do it. Yeah mate but it easter it gunna cost ya. I don't give a Sh** what it gunna cost just get moving. I love those jobs. drive.gif.1181dd90fe7c8032bdf2550324f37d56.gif

Back to the point Cubbie is a unique and amazing place.

• Informative 1

How about female circumcision, that's a part of Pakistani culture, that's ok is it?

It could be regarded as somewhat tolerable if only it was female circumcision used in many (but not all) the Muslim parts of the world.

But what these people call female circumcision is a euphemism for cliterodectomy and/or infibulation. This is not circumcision at all. Thankfully, the United Nations and the World Health Organisation has identified these "operations" (frequently done without the use of anaesthetic) by the correct term: Female Genital Mutilation. Don't be fooled by the practitioners of this practice that this is merely "female circumcision": they are trying to pull the wool over the eyes of the West. Mutilation is the correct term because it describes a process that is irreversible: once a young girl's clitoris has been removed, it is gone forever ...with all the lifelong implications that brings for the victim.

It is an un-Christian, uncivilised and barbaric practice that should not be tolerated in Australia ...even if this is done clandestinely.

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1

I se that being shot didn't make your list...does that mean we can all have our guns back?

The comment was tongue in cheek Mr 80kts.....but realistically, the same people who have no problem with Islamic extremists because statistically you are very unlikely to be killed by one,

want all our firearms heavily regulated even though statistically (even pre-buyback) you are very unlikely to be killed by one.

At least we are recently seeing that the racists and bigots really are a tiny minority of Australians. Lets hope that we can push them to shut up or ship out for the future of our nation now that they have been exposed for who and what they are.

I bet you cant even see the irony in that statement...open both eyes

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1
  • Winner 1

Lets hope that we can push them to shut up or ship out for the future of our nation

While Racism and Bigotry are usually not much more than segregation at social levels, your Facism has been responsible for millions of deaths and many wars, and is the very essence of the Right Wing that you pretend to admonish.

• Haha 1

They were getting the kids from orphanages in Afganistan, at a very young age and indoctrinating them to kill as many infidels as possible. An interviewer asked what they thought of the principles in that and the reply was ."We use what Allah gives us." . A problem? I would think so. Muslims that have mixed with westerners are regarded as not acceptable either. Nev

• 4 weeks later...

AGENDA 21/2030 (A.K.A SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT)

In 1992, Paul Keating signed Agenda 21 on behalf of Australia. 178 Nations around the world signed Agenda 21. What is Agenda 21 you may ask? In short, it’s about global land use, global education, and global population control and reduction.

Maurice Strong, Secretary General of the UN’s Earth Summit 1992 said, “Current lifestyles and consumption patterns of the affluent middle class - involving high meat intake, use of fossil fuels, appliances, home and work air conditioning, and suburban housing are not sustainable.”

Imagine if the government was purposefully rationing the use of electricity, water, petrol and natural gas, and that the enactment of these policies came from your local government's committee or department of sustainability?

These local government (council) sustainability boards will decide how much energy, water, and other natural resources your home is allowed to use, limiting your ability to wash your dishes, take a shower or bath, flush the toilet, and drink a glass of water - regardless of the size of your household or how many children you have.

Effective execution of Agenda 21 will require a profound reorientation of all human society, unlike anything the world has ever experienced - a major shift in the priorities of both governments and individuals and an unprecedented redeployment of human and financial resources. This shift will demand that a concern for the environmental consequences of every human action be integrated into individual and collective decision-making at every level.

Agenda 21 leaves no stone unturned and no person outside of its reach. In order to accomplish its goals of sustainable development and to make you into a so-called "steward of the environment," Agenda 21 seeks to control you and your life. Once implemented, Agenda 21 will affect you the following ways:

• Eliminating your right to private ownership (property rights)

• Forbidding you from entering woodland and wetland areas

• Punishing you with higher prices at the store

• Restricting your civil liberties

• Restricting the number of children you can have

• Restricting the amount of trash or waste you can dispose of

• Restricting the amount of water you can use

• Telling you how much to harvest on your farm or land

• Forcing you to participate in community projects

Another arm of Agenda 21, is to privatise water. A farmer can only capture 10 % of the water in his dam, the rest must flow to the rivers and creeks, or be taxed. South Australia are just starting to feel the effects of Agenda 21, with the state government trialing low flow by-passes on dams, at an estimated cost of up to $30,000, this is to stop water running into dams. A water licence must be bought for irrigation from your own dam and also a right to take water levy, whether you use it or not, has been introduced by the government, and supported by the opposition.

Let me draw Australian's attention to Section 100 of the Australian Constitution. It reads..."The Commonwealth shall not, by any law or regulation of trade or commerce, abridge the right of a State or of the residents therein to the reasonable use of the waters of rivers for conservation or irrigation."

This has not been challenged in the high court but we believe that Australians, under section 100 of the Constitution have the right to water. John Howard and his Liberal government, separated land and water in 2004 to make it a saleable commodity. This was not done for any reason other than for profit and the grubby business of multinationals and big business to make money.

Agenda 21 also calls for the fencing of rivers and creeks, at the expense of the land owner, to stop live stock from accessing the water, supposedly for environmental purposes. Water is our life’s blood, without it we will die.

No government or individual has the right to own or control another person’s use of water. In a drought stricken country such as Australia, we should be assisting farmers to put more dams on their properties, not shut them down with fines, taxes and meters, or limiting the size of a dam if it does not impact on other properties and their water supplies.

It’s the man on the land that is being targeted today, tomorrow it will be the cities that will be taxed for the rain water they capture in their tanks.

Other states will experience Agenda 21, it is only a matter of time. Always be wary when you hear the words sustainable development. This is what the

The Labor Government signed it, and the Liberals and Nationals supported it.

In September 2015, the United Nations held a ‘Sustainable Development Summit; where they officially released ‘Agenda 2030,’ following Agenda 21.

These Agendas are designed to control people’s rights, water, population, health, education, sovereignty, ownership of land and how we choose to live our lives.

One Nation will further research, inform Australians and repeal these Agendas if not in Australian’s best interest. Some states in America are repealing Agenda 21 due to the desolation it has caused.

• Caution 1

That's straight from one nation's website punk.gif.8eee8803f8302b5104f398dabaa56470.gif

you should have attributed it to One Nation. Again a case of knowing the answers but being totally clueless about the real questions.

FAMILY LAW COURTS: CHILD SUPPORT SCHEME

Pauline Hanson’s One Nation believes that safe, secure and happy societies require as a guiding principle, strong functional family units. One Nation considers governments should recognise this basic principle and adopt responses that are aimed at long term family stability. One Nation believes that until a fair and just system is found for both parties, we will see the continual rise of domestic violence and suicide and murders associated with custody battles.

The following principles will be adopted by One Nation to rectify unjust applications from the Family Law Court and Child Support Agency.

• One Nation supports mediation.

• The Family Law Court will be abolished and replaced with a Family Tribunal.

• The Family Tribunal will consist of people from mainstream Australia. Respected members from local community groups encompassing health, social and community interests groups will be invited to participate.

• The functions and operation of the Child Support Agency will be reviewed and extensive community consultation will occur to develop appropriate guidelines for operations.

• The punitive maintenance regime will be overhauled as a matter of urgency – key factors in this review include:

1. A formula that recognises the new cost of maintaining two households.

2. A pre–determined formula for non-custodial parents that in which additional incomes for overtime or a second job do not cause maintenance payments to increase.

3. Recognition that a child’s standard of living following divorce cannot be maintained at it’s pre-divorce level.

4. A formula based on after tax income not before tax income.

5. New families and their needs to be recognised in maintenance schedules.

6. A formula that recognises the number of children, their ages and individual requirements.

7. Property owned prior to the relationship will remain the possession of the individual. Settlements will be based on a 50 / 50 split between partners.

8. Recipients of Sole Supporting Parents (SSP) benefits will require counselling and verification of a family breakdown. When the youngest child reaches school age the SSP will be required to obtain work based on job availability, opportunities and qualifications.

• Protracted settlements or incidents involving violence or abuse will be dealt with in the respective courts. Both parties will be entitled to legal aid and the unsuccessful party will pay the costs. Perjury charges will be enforced in court.

• Joint custody is the option of choice for ONE Nation. It gives recognition to the vital role both parents have in relationships with their children. Joint custody can provide some stability in an environment that is otherwise turbulent for children.

• Ideally the same case managers will work with families from entry to exit. Denied access will be referred to the case manager for immediate investigation. Three denied access visits will result in the non-custodial parent and custodial parent facing the tribunal to discuss shifting custodial arrangements.

• Family centres will be developed and these centres will manage the family tribunals and associated support services including counselling, life style management, parenting plans, preparation with self representation and advocacy support. The family tribunals will be able to conduct a country circuit.

• National Forums will be organised throughout Australia to identify family needs and identify community solutions that will assist in strengthening and maintaining the family unit. Responses to the forum will be pro-active and urgently address legislative inadequacies.