Pauline got a jab

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no problem with immigrants coming to this country, provided they accept and respect our laws and way of life. I have worked with Greeks, Italians, Indians, Sri Lankans Thais, and all of them individually have been very nice people. I also have lovely neighbours from Malaysia who are extremely generous. If immigrants (refugees) choose to follow their own customs and religions, that's fine. However, trying to supplant their way of life on us is not acceptable. How much success would we have going to their country and trying to enforce our customs and beliefs on them? Would they learn our language to accommodate us? Would they allow us to build Christian churches in their country? Would they accept our fashions and dress, drinking alcohol, eating pork and so on? I doubt it. They came to this country to get away from something, so why bring it with them.

In Melbourne, we have a lot of trouble with teenage gangs, a lot of them Somali. These gangs accost people on the street, carry out car jacking, break into people's homes and demand or steal their car keys and drive off in their cars. In some areas, you run the gauntlet just driving through the suburb, day or night. But then again, some Australians are just as bad. Some students from one of Melbourne's prestigious schools, Brighton Grammar School, have been suspended for lewd bullying via social media. Groups of youths dressed in hoodies and tracksuit pants, their faces covered with scarves, are holding up service stations, convenience stores, bottle shops, etc. Graffiti is rampant, you can't put up a fence or wall without having it defaced. There was even a town house up the street that did not have a fence, and the canvas sunblind on the front window was tagged. We don't hold the moral high ground, but if we are to be truly multicultural, we must all be tolerant and respect each others right to live our life the way we choose.

• Like 1

I can't challenge your statistics, Oscar. This country has been incredibly lucky...so far. Islamic nutters would have killed many Australians if it were not for the diligence of our security services and many worried Moslem parents.I used to share your tolerant view of Islam and once held the pious hope that the goodness in people would win out over ignorance. Experience has diminished my faith in human nature. You're right that often the violence has more to do with individual mental health issues- but it seems their book not only condones this violence, but requires it.

That's what concerns me, the content of their book. If they don't follow it then they are infidels and are also supposed to be killed as are all non Muslims.

• Agree 2
  • Caution 2

Why are there no islamic churches appearing at the RC into institutional child abuse? The Islam churches not being packed with pedophiles is probably a major contributing factor, who knows? the first mosque was built in 1861, so plenty of opportunities.

It's probably a matter of priority....you need to stop them killing people before you can sort out other things like marrying children.Or is is not sexual abuse if you are married to the child?

• Agree 1

Why are there no islamic churches appearing at the RC into institutional child abuse? The Islam churches not being packed with pedophiles is probably a major contributing factor, who knows? the first mosque was built in 1861, so plenty of opportunities.

That's right. Muslims couldn't possibly be pedophiles but they are allowed to marry women as young as one year old and consummate that marriage when that woman is nine years old. The don't commit adultery either as men can get a permit to temporarily marry a woman for an hour.

• Agree 2
  • Caution 1

Yes, a nations culture is molded by and virtually inseparable from faith. So when lefties preach 'multi-cultural' they mean anything but Christian. Fundamental atheists like Col may be intensely irritated about Australia's Christian heritage but an honest look at history will show the west has been very much shaped by the Holy Bible. Many of the laws we rely on to protect our individual and property rights come directly from the Old testament for example. Hey Col benefits from what he despises. 020_yes.gif.58d361886eb042a872e78a875908e414.gif

Principals like jihad and jizya and core tenets of Islamic culture, it's what you get when you invite them in. So the joke is on us with our limp-wristed 'multi-culture' nonsense that would never be tolerated for a moment in any Moslem country.

• Agree 3
  • Helpful 1
  • Caution 1

Saudia has certainly funded the expansion of the most extreme form of islam which may backfire on that country as well as be a problem for the rest of world. Atheists are the worst thing to be, apparently requiring that you be killed, if you state you are one. They really feel threatened by atheists. Killing people for what they think is ridiculous Turkey is now committing moral suicide. Predictable with attacks on media there in the past at a high level. Just sit and watch a country disintegrate, from secular to Islamic tyranny. Remember what happened to Iran. An educated country trapped into a religious totalitarianism where unelected Mullahs call the shots. The young people want out of that, quite understandably..

Get on line with an Iranian atheist who can debate and refute many of the crazy beliefs that are NOT backed up by the Koran, better than anyone here or in the West can. England fought wars internally over Roman church and the English religion equivalent for ages . Look at Ireland in the past, and still possible to have an outbreak. A French King forced Catholicism on the Nordic Peoples a few hundred years ago. "Believe in this or die" might get apparent results but hardly the basis of a proper conviction of the existence of a particular god. Nev

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Yes, a nations culture is molded by and virtually inseparable from faith. So when lefties preach 'multi-cultural' they mean anything but Christian. Fundamental atheists like Col may be intensely irritated about Australia's Christian heritage but an honest look at history will show the west has been very much shaped by the Holy Bible. Many of the laws we rely on to protect our individual and property rights come directly from the Old testament for example. Hey Col benefits from what he despises. 020_yes.gif.58d361886eb042a872e78a875908e414.gifPrincipals like jihad and jizya and core tenets of Islamic culture, it's what you get when you invite them in. So the joke is on us with our limp-wristed 'multi-culture' nonsense that would never be tolerated for a moment in any Moslem country.

"Fundamental atheist"¿ something more to add to my already long list of accomplishments and awards. Thanks GN.
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Caution 1

That's right. Muslims couldn't possibly be pedophiles but they are allowed to marry women as young as one year old and consummate that marriage when that woman is nine years old. The don't commit adultery either as men can get a permit to temporarily marry a woman for an hour.

This is why we call youse lot "stupids", you read this stuff on bigot's website and take it as gospel truth.

• Winner 1
  • Caution 1

I tried hard FT, but I can't resist making the obvious point that Islam was FOUNDED by a paedophile.

Child marriage is rife across much of the developing world and Islamic countries in particular. The few convictions in this country have sparked indignation from conservative Moslems and are probably the tip of a big iceberg.

• Agree 2

...the Imam uses the excuse that the poverty-stricken widow gets to enjoy the man's "protection" for an hour.

Some brave reformers exposed a lot of utter corruption like this in Christian churches long ago. Any Moslem trying to reform Islam is almost certain of a painful death.

• Agree 1
  • Caution 1

This is why we call youse lot "stupids", you read this stuff on bigot's website and take it as gospel truth.

...which is why we need an open, wide-ranging investigation to find out the truth. Why are so many people against asking these questions?

• Caution 1

Because it's a moot point. Under Australian law you CAN'T marry a minor and you sure as hell can't have sex with her. So it doesn't matter if in some other countries you can, islamic law or canon law or jehovah's witness polygamy is overruled by Australian law. Ritual slaughter of chickens may be part of the voodoo religion but if you breach animal cruelty laws here you'll still be charged.

As for the marrying someone for an hour, yes that is a real thing, I heard a muslim comedian talk about it. Apparently it's a bit of a gamble though, 'cause you don't get to look under the burqua before the deal is settled.

• Winner 1

OK , might be more a tribal Patriarchy, and warlords than based on real Islam. Anyhow they are all doctrines selected from peoples dreams and experiences and hopes for eternal life. Nev

I've only had one coffee this morning so I must admit to being a little bit slow, but I'm having trouble seeing the link to recreational flying in all this tosh. Have we drifted off topic?

It's claimed by some here that this site is the one true voice of recreational aviation. No wonder CASA ignores us!

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Winner 1

The Deputy Prime Minister has rejected calls for cameras in Mosques and launched a defence of religious freedom.

Barnaby Joyce's comments follow Channel Nine's Sonia Kruger's call to ban all Muslim immigrants and Senator-Elect Pauline Hanson push for a Royal Commission into Islam.

The National's Leader rejected the idea of placing cameras in a place of worship, 'if you can put them in Mosques then I go to Mass are we going to have one in the Catholic Church?'.

Mr Joyce says there is a 'lunatic fringe' contain within every religion

'Every group has their ratbags even Catholics we had in the past the IRA,' he said.

'Islam at the moment they have also got a lunatic fringe.'

The member for New England made specific mention of Labor MP Ed Husic and Senator Sam Dastyari, who are both Muslims.

'You can't go through every person of the Islamic faith and say well they are all just like them.'

'Ed Husic is on the other side of the chamber from me he is a decent person a decent man and Sam Dastyari.'

'I am not going to start throwing stones at people that are just not the way Australia works.'

Senator Dastyari clashed with One Nation Leader Pauline Hanson on Monday's QA program on the ABC.

The NSW Labor Senator saying twenty years ago Hanson 'started off with blaming indigenous Australians then it became about we're being swamped by Asians and now it's about blaming the Muslim community.'

- See more at: Deputy PM defends Muslim colleagues

• Like 1

I am guessing by ^^^^ that the Libs will give Pauline her RC as long as she votes with the LNP. The lawyers will have a field day running rings around the ONP senators and everyone will have a good laugh.

• Like 1

The Deputy Prime Minister has rejected calls for cameras in Mosques and launched a defence of religious freedom.Barnaby Joyce's comments follow Channel Nine's Sonia Kruger's call to ban all Muslim immigrants and Senator-Elect Pauline Hanson push for a Royal Commission into Islam.

The National's Leader rejected the idea of placing cameras in a place of worship, 'if you can put them in Mosques then I go to Mass are we going to have one in the Catholic Church?'.

Mr Joyce says there is a 'lunatic fringe' contain within every religion

'Every group has their ratbags even Catholics we had in the past the IRA,' he said.

'Islam at the moment they have also got a lunatic fringe.'

The member for New England made specific mention of Labor MP Ed Husic and Senator Sam Dastyari, who are both Muslims.

'You can't go through every person of the Islamic faith and say well they are all just like them.'

'Ed Husic is on the other side of the chamber from me he is a decent person a decent man and Sam Dastyari.'

'I am not going to start throwing stones at people that are just not the way Australia works.'

Senator Dastyari clashed with One Nation Leader Pauline Hanson on Monday's QA program on the ABC.

The NSW Labor Senator saying twenty years ago Hanson 'started off with blaming indigenous Australians then it became about we're being swamped by Asians and now it's about blaming the Muslim community.'

- See more at: Deputy PM defends Muslim colleagues

Maybe they should have them in the confessionals, imagine the backlog of crimes that'd be cleared up.

Jeez things are bad when Barmy Joyce starts making sense.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

The confessional is all important in the Catholic Faith, as well as High Church of England. Being the "right" religion is essential in some companies/clubs. Being excommunicated in a town meant social ostracisation. A very powerful means of control of your "flock"

ft, Banarnaby is more powerful than Malcolm.. It's a coalition as long as it's a coalition that suits the NATS. This Tail can wag the dog. Even one backbencher (Christensen) can upset the balance. Nev

Because it's a moot point. Under Australian law you CAN'T marry a minor and you sure as hell can't have sex with her. So it doesn't matter if in some other countries you can, islamic law or canon law or jehovah's witness polygamy is overruled by Australian law. Ritual slaughter of chickens may be part of the voodoo religion but if you breach animal cruelty laws here you'll still be charged.As for the marrying someone for an hour, yes that is a real thing, I heard a muslim comedian talk about it. Apparently it's a bit of a gamble though, 'cause you don't get to look under the burqua before the deal is settled.

All true so far Marty, but do you think the law has stopped these things happening? There have been convictions in this country (despite being notoriously hard to detect and prove) for female genital mutilation and child marriage. These practices are believed to be widespread in some ethnic communities, with elders covering it up.

Imams have for years been calling for the phasing in of Sharia law for their communities within Australia. This has so far been rejected, but can we be sure a future minority government won't cave in as Moslem numbers increase?

• Caution 1

All true so far Marty, but do you think the law has stopped these things happening? There have been convictions in this country (despite being notoriously hard to detect and prove) for female genital mutilation and child marriage. These practices are believed to be widespread in some ethnic communities, with elders covering it up.Imams have for years been calling for the phasing in of Sharia law for their communities within Australia. This has so far been rejected, but can we be sure a future minority government won't cave in as Moslem numbers increase?

Yes FGM and child marriage are a scourge but it's hard to imagine such practices continuing in future generations within a liberal democracy. As for "believed to be widespread in some ethnic communities, with elders covering it up"... some hard data would be needed to show the extent of the problem.

Regarding sharia law, as per someone else's comment on one of the threads here (Dutch, I think) - sharia law cannot be brought in as a replacement for Australian law in any case, only as an alternative court system where requested by both parties, similar to the Koori court or equivalents in some states, or Judge Judy in the US.

That's the thing. These scary concepts have been hyped up by the media to the stage where the public are frightened into rushing into the arms of rabble-rousers like Pauline. Look beyond the headlines and into reality and perhaps they're not so scary.

Edit: There was similar disinformation about Jews, mentally disabled people and homosexuals put out in the 1930's in Germany. If we don't learn from history...

• Winner 1

Yes FGM and child marriage are a scourge but it's hard to imagine such practices continuing in future generations within a liberal democracy...

But Marty many of these kids aren't living in a liberal democracy; they're living within a closed ethnic community which guards it's privacy with an iron fist. How many young girls would defy their parents, knowing that excommunication from the family (or acid in the face or death) will be the cost?

...As for "believed to be widespread in some ethnic communities, with elders covering it up"... some hard data would be needed to show the extent of the problem..

I totally agree. Another reason for a proper investigation. Criminology studies of similar offences show that most are never reported and very difficult to prosecute. Elders have already been convicted for covering up these crimes. They are likely to be the tip of an iceberg.

...These scary concepts have been hyped up by the media to the stage where the public are frightened into rushing into the arms of rabble-rousers like Pauline. Look beyond the headlines and into reality and perhaps they're not so scary...

Not yet perhaps. Later it will be too late.

• Caution 1

All true so far Marty, but do you think the law has stopped these things happening? There have been convictions in this country (despite being notoriously hard to detect and prove) for female genital mutilation and child marriage. These practices are believed to be widespread in some ethnic communities, with elders covering it up.Imams have for years been calling for the phasing in of Sharia law for their communities within Australia. This has so far been rejected, but can we be sure a future minority government won't cave in as Moslem numbers increase?

OK - let's not forget, that the practice of castrating young boys to preserve their peculiar vocal range and delivery, was only finally outlawed in Italy in 1870. Female genital mutilation (for ANY reason, religious or not) is strikingly abhorrent, but we fine Westernised cultural groups have much in our not-all-that distant history about which we ought to be ashamed. How moral was it to castrate young boys simply for listening pleasure?

• Agree 1