Pauline got a jab

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can be educated AND care about the country and your fellow human beings, it's not a zero-sum game. But those people tend to join the Greens.

(Based on your last sentence I can't wait to cop a hiding for that one! 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif)

Lol! Generally not the educated and caring people I know! 014_spot_on.gif.1f3bdf64e5eb969e67a583c9d350cd1f.gif

However I've come to realise over the years that, regardless of political ideology, "education" and "caring about the country and fellow humans" don't necessarily go hand in hand.

My one and only concern is that ANY person that comes to Australia is that they want to become Australians and live the spirit of Australian Life. Not to set up their own country in ours or have their own laws if not go back. And TWO - get rid of this Political Correctness.

However being racist - I also think we could export most of the CASA guys out of Australia (smile).

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Caution 1

...... And TWO - get rid of this Political Correctness.

Political Correctness is always hijacking news stories so that the truth is quickly forgotten. Just a couple to prove the point:

Case #1 Adam Goodes: Huge outcry of racism when he was booed. Nothing to do with his race, it was his behaviour in the previous Grand Final, faking for free kicks when the opposition team lost. The same treatment would have been applied regardless of the colour of his skin.

Case #2 Caroline Wilson: Don't know how much air it got north of 35deg S, but below there was a huge outcry of violence against women (White Ribbon Day). It all had to do with her vitriolic columns attacking all sorts of people associated with football without foundation, nothing to do with the fact that she is a woman, although there are those who would question that. Again, the same could have been said about a man and everyone would have treated it as a joke.

• Like 1
  • Caution 1

Dutch

As a general rule I normally find your posts quite well thought out and informative although on this occasion I have to disagree.

One of the things which I've found quite irritating in the last couple of years is this "love it or leave" crap, which is purely politically driven.

You may believe the “love it or leave” campaign is politically driven (personally I don’t take too much notice of it) but these campaigns only see the light of day when the public get to the point where they are sick and tired of not being listened to and lied to by all and sundry, I believe the Australian public is close approaching this point. I also believe this is why Donald Trump will get elected in the upcoming US election and a major reason as to why the Brits voted themselves out of the EU.

1. Just because someone disagrees with the political direction a country is taking on one or more issues, or even generally, does not mean they are disloyal or do not love their own country.

This country presently doesn’t appear on the surface to have any real political direction, most politicians are swayed by the left leaning do gooders because that is the feel good part of society that tends to ignore the realities of life and they want to get re-elected, the far right can also have the same effect but generally not to the same degree as they don’t pull as hard on the heart strings.

I also believe one of the reasons we have very little political direction is that politics is now a lifetime job, way back in the dim dark ages most people got into politics to effect change, they then got out and let the next person come in and effect the next lot of change, the sooner we have maximum three (3) terms allowed in politics for all politicians the sooner we will get positive direction for this country. What is good for the country doesn’t mean you will necessarily be liked for it.

2. I hope it hasn't escaped anyone's notice that the proportion of the population which does disagree on the political direction of a country changes each time a new government is elected. By default, the "love it or leave" brigade become, from time to time, the ones who are complaining loudest. Yet strangely they never seem to heed their own advice.

I don’t follow the “love it or leave” brigade, I do though advocate supporting Australia and Australians first (that includes all Australians regardless of ethnic or religious backgrounds, providing they want to integrate into our Australian way of life and not impose their previous way of life upon us, as appears to be happening in ever increasing situations).

I’m not anti-immigration (providing it is done through the correct channels and not on boats paid for by wealthy individuals, as the last time I looked people smugglers didn’t provide this service for free just to help out the refugees)

I’m not anti-Muslim (or any other religion for that matter) you are free to have whatever beliefs you want that is what this country was built on, just don’t expect everyone to have the same beliefs you have and they are not wrong for having different beliefs.

I do though heed my own advice, I support my own community first, I do buy Australian goods and produce (if available) first and I do support the government of the day regardless of whether I agree or not with their policies, I will though fight against the policies that I don’t agree with.

3. Pauline Hanson can be pro-Aussie jobs all she likes. Personally I think she's not very bright. And just because I think that, does not mean I'm anti Aussie jobs.

I personally have never met Pauline Hanson so I’m unable to comment one way or another whether she is bright or not, she certainly is not eloquent or articulate but she is smart enough to get quite a lot of support by having the guts to voice in public what a lot of people think but are not prepared to come out and say.

Unlike many others in her fan club, I've done my time serving this country and I'm entitled to think lowly of any individual politician and any number of their principles for whatever reason I like.

Most people serve their country in one way or another, you (my daughter also) have served this country by way of military service and I for one will be forever grateful for the service that military personnel provide for this country. I do suspect though if we are to peel back the layers a little the reason you joined the air force in the beginning was to learn to fly, the service was a by-product of joining the air force to learn to fly (I may be wrong and apologise if I am, you may be one of the few who really understood the concept of serving the country). Most 17/18 year olds don’t understand the concept of going to war to serve their country.

I’ve served the country by supporting the economy being a net importer of cash (in excess of $2M) over a period of 15 years or so, I did this by working (sometimes living) in some of the most remote places in the world, all my cash was brought back to Australia and put into our economy at zero cost to the Australian tax payer (not saying this didn't also benefit myself as well).

I am 1/8th aboriginal, I have never claimed or received a government benefit, I prefer to get off my backside, not complain and go to work. I continue to serve this country by providing jobs for people at my own risk (and hopefully reward), my house, property and everything I own is on the line every day.

I'm no hero and I don't expect to be treated to any differently than anyone else, I just do what is expected of everyone who lives in this great country.

Anyone implying I should leave the country as a consequence of that can take a flying leap.

I’m not implying you should leave the country, but let’s apply a little logic to that comment. You work for the big "Q", let’s assume you put all your support behind the big "V" how long do you think it would be before Mr J said you best go pick another airline to work for (live in).

Aldo

• Like 6
  • Winner 1
  • Caution 1

With the present situation being caused by Malcolm not being happy with the Sentate. I think I might vote Labor for the reps as our local Lib is pretty useless and Lib / National in the Senate. The real bad thing about the whole election is that we will probably get another ex PM who will have heaps of money spent on him.

What Barry from Toowoomba? he is doing something for aviation, actually a lot he is taking CASA to task.

Regards,

KP

Politics sucks but it would be good if someone started a Pro Aviation party. Before they put the latest bandaid on the ridiculously stupid preferential system there could have easily been a Pro Aviation Senator. Ricky Muir got in with hardly any votes at all but umpteen preferences. Even with the bandaid in place, horse trading will still go on & voters just have to put up with it.

Check Barry Osullivan out he is from Toowoomba. Barry is giving CASA some stick.

KP

phht Barry is busy looking Barry

anyone voting for Pauline should take their memories back to 1998 when One Nation won 11 seats in the QLD elections

Queensland state election, 1998 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

they where a disaster, they won 11 seats, 1/2 of them left to start the Country City Alliance, then on 2001 they where down to 3 seats, by 2004 they where down to 1 seat.

• Like 1
  • Caution 2

F_T You must have wagged school those couple of days or the teacher sent you out of class for being disruptive got me stuffed how you missed that circus. I saw Barry he was very active on these gentlemen's ears and heart they were stuttering for answers. Got me stuffed why you are so negative when we get someone who stands up for aviation you bag them.

KP.

You may believe the “love it or leave” campaign is politically driven......

To address a few of your points (I hope to use sound reasoning, but where they're just opinion I'll state that):

The "love it or leave" banners, articles, memes etc are predominantly publicised by certain partisan political groups. Social media is littered with them and even a precursory glance shows the alignment of the group saying it. Whenever someone shares one of these things, I always go to the source and have a read through their stuff. It's eye opening. Whenever it's posted via a link, I go to the "about" menu before doing anything else, unless I already know what it says. This is often very telling too. Straight away the biases are revealed.

Re Trump and Brexit: people do weird things when they're angry about life, the universe and everything. A lot of that includes doing stuff without really putting a huge amount of thought into the broader consequences. It's like the guy who lashes out and punches someone who is irritating him and feels great about it. Until he gets arrested for it. Then loses his job when the boss finds out. Then he gets convicted and goes to prison. Then the bank repossesses his house because he can't make the payments because he lost his job. Then because he's lost the house his wife takes the kids and leaves him. Etc etc. Broader consequences just keep flowing from one rash decision and I'll bet he never thought about a solitary one of them.

My opinion is that if Trump is elected, millions of people who currently love him are going to have a very, very different view of him 4 years down the track unless he makes some huge changes in the way he approaches things. I say that because when you listen carefully to Trump, he talks about miraculously fixing all the stuff which is apparently worrying people without giving you even the faintest clue how he will do it or how it will actually work. He's also a braggart in the extreme, and I don't think I've ever met a braggart who was even half as good at doing things they've boasted about, when it all came down to it.

I honestly don't believe that your broad assertion that "most politicians are swayed by the left leaning do gooders" has any significant evidence at all to back it up.

Without boring you with the whole history of why I joined the Air Force as a pilot after finishing Year 12, you are incorrect. It would be true, however, to say that I have taken a very broad interest in both military history generally, and military aviation in particular, since I was quite young.

Re supporting one country versus another, or one company versus another: There's a very distinct difference between actively supporting another country and sabotaging your own, and being highly critical of things going on within your own. As far as my employment goes, Mr J has endured some quite frankly withering, blistering, and highly deserved criticism of the way he runs his company from us. No one has yet been asked to love it or leave. I enjoy my flying, but I think my boss is a corporate psychopath and a manipulative a***hole. Some of his management team take that a step further. I once even emailed the Group Executive (who reports directly to the CEO) and told him it was pretty rich of him to demand cultural change when he and his henchmen had been guilty of appalling behaviour towards their employees in the preceding months (I used that exact language). I was invited to a meeting with him but refused to attend.

• Winner 2

Geoff, if you're right and she bought an Australian made aircraft, then that makes one good thing she's done for this country. It's your belief she cares about Australians, fine, go vote for her. It's my belief she cares only about the Australians that share her particular ideology - the hunker-down, close-the-doors, keep-out-anyone-different-from-us-white-christian-folks one.You can be educated AND care about the country and your fellow human beings, it's not a zero-sum game. But those people tend to join the Greens.

(Based on your last sentence I can't wait to cop a hiding for that one! 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif)

Educated and Greens in the same sentence. 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif009_happy.gif.56d1e13d4ca35a447ad034f1ecf7aa58.gif Thats a novel idea.

I must admit that after spending 2 days on the road with Pauline during the January hayrun I was impressed with the real

Pauline rather than the one the media would like us to see.

• Like 3
  • Winner 1

If you sift through her own website, what Pauline says is far less worrying than some of the things her fans say.......

You need to own the type of people you attract to your politics. Trump needs to note that too. Witnessed from a Trump supporter at one of his rallies: "I wish I had my piece on me dude - I wanna shoot someone so bad!" interspersed with the "Kill all Muslims!" comments.

• Agree 3

Geoff did you ask her what happened with One Nation? You would have found that story fascinating, Idiots running the asylum comes to mind.

It was amazing that it imploded so quickly compared to the Democrats unlike parties that weathered the political winds, One Nation seemed to have sunk with the only contribution to Australian political scene being 2 concentration camps in the pacific.

• Like 1

You need to own the type of people you attract to your politics. Trump needs to note that too. Witnessed from a Trump supporter at one of his rallies: "I wish I had my piece on me dude - I wanna shoot someone so bad!" interspersed with the "Kill all Muslims!" comments.

You really are an amazingly gullible person. The way you unthinkingly lap up media drivel, it's almost child-like. And the more kooky the the claims it seems to become proportionally more credible to you.

Unless you were joking, in which case I apologise for missing your sarc each time you post this stuff.

• Haha 1
  • Winner 1
  • Caution 2

You really are an amazingly gullible person. The way you unthinkingly lap up media drivel, it's almost child-like. And the more kooky the the claims it seems to become proportionally more credible to you.Unless you were joking, in which case I apologise for missing your sarc each time you post this stuff.

Lol. Comments from the super-coach, and an interesting insight into your emotional maturity in the way you phrase it.

Problem is, while not independently confirmed, it's totally credible coming from that crowd.

Have a read of some of the statements on blogs and message boards from the more extreme Trump fans, Gnarly, then get back to me. I've already read them. You want me to post some of them, together with the links? Or would you prefer to believe they don't exist and just leave it at that?

• Agree 2
  • Caution 1

My opinion is that if Trump is elected, millions of people who currently love him are going to have a very, very different view of him 4 years down the track

Similar to the 2.5 mill who have signed a petition to hold another referendum on Brexit, when they realised "What have we done"? Heading very much for the Disunited Kingdom.

• Agree 1

Oh here you go Gnarly. I couldn't resist a 60 second trawl of Ann Coulter's website (of whom I imagine you're a great fan)!

Fan comment from lockerdome.com linked by, who else, anncoulter.com:

"Yes! We desperately need Donald Trump. Look what's happening to our country since Obama has become president. We never heard of ISIS before him. Now we have ISIS in all 50 states."

Oh here we go from a regular contributor:

"make america great again by following the law of the land....stop and deport all muslims"

A slightly unconstitutional slant on the "law of the land" and general principles of freedom.

Want me to start quoting comments on Trump from stormfront.org? Or is that website just a figment of my imagination?

• Like 1

Donald Trump on Twitter after arriving in Scotland following the Brexit result:

474014513_TRUMPONTWITTER.jpg.43408ee2cbc41e3c1e68b480a4b687fc.jpg

Actually, Scotland voted 68% to 32% to remain in Europe!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
This has drifted from an aviation related thread to a political commentary one which should be in the Off Topic forum.

Otherwise we will have to have this thread renamed from "Pauline got a jab" to "Pauline got a job" (in the Senate)

Similar to the 2.5 mill who have signed a petition to hold another referendum on Brexit, when they realised "What have we done"? Heading very much for the Disunited Kingdom.

Which of those 2.5 mil who signed the petition voted 'Leave'? It's a pointless statement without that critical information.

Otherwise, yeah, sure, had nothing at all to do with the mostly controlled by the Left Media going to town over themselves losing the vote and pouring "what have you done" social guilt abuse out at everyone everyday since.

Merely more of what got the 'Leave' vote there in the first place, oh the irony.

• Agree 2

Sounds like an interesting place to work Dutch !

I guess the bosses faults (assuming the boss has some) are under scrutiny by many who think they could do better - but I guess civility should always be present. Employees are any businesses best asset

what would be a few things the boss should change to get everyone smiling again ?

quote dutch

'Mr J has endured some quite frankly withering, blistering, and highly deserved criticism of the way he runs his company from us. No one has yet been asked to love it or leave. I enjoy my flying, but I think my boss is a corporate psychopath and a manipulative a***hole. Some of his management team take that a step further. I once even emailed the Group Executive (who reports directly to the CEO) and told him it was pretty rich of him to demand cultural change when he and his henchmen had been guilty of appalling behaviour towards their employees in the preceding months (I used that exact language). I was invited to a meeting with him but refused to attend'

• Like 1