RAAus election process

kasper

Wouldn't an initial director only resign from the start of the AGM? I'd have to have another read and haven't been following since cancelling my membership but I don't remember a director having to resign to nominate?

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the last 5 days I've been flying around SE Qld and NSW. I've met lots of joyful aviators and had a truly wonderful time. Then I come back on here and find a bottomless pit of loathing, carping, keyboard warrior criticisms. What a delight!

I'm currently in the process of winding up 6 years of intense, personally expensive, emotionally draining activism on behalf of the members of RAAus. Six years ago, I saw an organisation that was headed, in my view, for oblivion due to years of neglectful management and poor governance. I did something about it and got the support of the overwhelming majority of members and I am now satisfied that RAAus is on a sound footing and headed in the right direction.

So now I've just read this entire thread and I have to say my head hurts. It is so difficult for a person with a generally positive, optimistic outlook on life to encounter such unbounding negativity. Some people are just not happy until they are totally miserable and have dragged everybody else down to their level of despair. On here I get served up accusations of every low motivation imaginable and of utter incompetence. What a joy.

But, rather than admit my many failings, I think I'll accept the vote of confidence from more than 80% of the members who are not asleep at the control column and leave the small squad of naysayers who seem to love the sound of their own "voices" to continue to whinge to each other.

There was a democratic process and a democratic decision was made. If you don't like the outcome, the democratic process is open to you just the same as it was to me.

The delay from ASIC is nothing unusual and is undeniably temporary, very temporary and almost certainly will be over this week. When ASIC does grant registration, RAAus Ltd will be ahead of the game because of some energetic and industrious people. Sorry for being efficient and wanting to get on with it. No doubt if the Board had waited until registration was finalised there would have been whinges that RAAus was trying to spin out the time that the three initial directors could cling to power.

In six months from now the issues you raise as enormously important will be seen for what they are, a typhoon in a teacup.

If you love RAAus Inc. so much, why not form it up again after RAAus Ltd is underway and run it the way you'd like it to be run. But, you won't be able to use the name, you'll have to come up with your own name and take your proposal to the ACT's Office of Registry Services.

• Like 4
  • Winner 3

Don , there are always negative people in every club,association,your damned if you do and damned if you dont , the vote was a resounding YES if people dont like it put your money where your mouth is and have a go or move on, like you Don i gave 7 years as the President of a very large soccer club the amount of time and my own money put in was enormous ,the club became a financial success and with 24 teams from under 7s to seniors was very successful,but lots of negative people ,but they would not put their hand up for anything you can please people but not all the time , thanks Don for your efforts

Cheers gareth

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

Don

Dont get all steamed up about it..in any organisation or club or NFP there are always at least 5% of the membership that are cockroaches. You can never get rid of the pesky buggars even they become immune to bug spray. You just have to believe in what you are doing and if you are doing the right thing then the majority (the ones who truly matter) will be behind you all the way. What normally hapens with these blowins is that come in make lots of noise and crap and upset the place for a year or two..then they piss off to some other poor unfortunate organisation. I just say "dont let the door hit you on the back of your head on the way out" and just be glad they are gone. So many clubs I have been involved in it is just exactly the same...oh and they all have their own "lawyers" as well

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 1

Although I said I was going to put up my hand for election I strongly decided against it due to having the knowledge of what is coming which I promised I wouldn't disclose. However only a handful of the upper echolons of CASA and a handful of others outside of CASA know about it and they are not going it discuss it either. With all due respect to those that have put their blind faith in the couple of individuals in RAAus management can I just say that it may be prudent not to be so vocal in your faith of them. You will see how mismanaged our great Association has been of late...and I say that with all sincerity

• Like 3
  • Informative 1
  • Caution 1

Well I suppose we will need to wait to see what happens then Ian. I personally dont like the way it has gone but I am only 1 opinion. As I said to Don the majority will decide which way it goes no matter how many cockroaches have their say. IF the majority are wrong then so be it...the process will start again to either repair or replace the issues and everyone will be a lot smarter...and maybe harder in their convictions for the directions taken.

• Agree 2

Good one Ian. That was kind of you to reveal that question..

With Don running about in blind faith and without checking his surrounding what is on on the horizon?

KP

Well one could also say..."fore warned is fore armed" There was a vote taken and because it is NOT compulsory for all members then you have to take the decision of the majority that voted.....whether it is distorted or not

• Agree 1

Although I said I was going to put up my hand for election I strongly decided against it due to having the knowledge of what is coming which I promised I wouldn't disclose. However only a handful of the upper echolons of CASA and a handful of others outside of CASA know about it and they are not going it discuss it either. With all due respect to those that have put their blind faith in the couple of individuals in RAAus management can I just say that it may be prudent not to be so vocal in your faith of them. You will see how mismanaged our great Association has been of late...and I say that with all sincerity

Ian,

can I respectfully suggest that what you are saying is that we should not put blind faith in the board or Don because presumably they are lying or concealing the truth about some impending doom but you ARE asking us to put blind faith in YOU because you know some terrible truth that the rest of us do know.

Now I don't personally know you or Don or any board member so I can't possibly tell who has the correct information I can take the Board's view or your view, but either way it is on blind faith.

Nothing winds me up more that the old "if you knew what I knew, but I can't tell you what I know" line.

You have to admit that you are asking people to take what you are saying on blind faith.

If this knowledge is known by a few then why can't you tell me in a private message which I promise I wont divulge, but at least I could then spread the word that there are bad things happening without actually giving details.

• Agree 1
  • Caution 1

Octave,

You have go about with your eyes and ears open and sort the hay from the chaff. Just be cautious of what you get told from the Canberra end. As what I tell a lot of people "verify" "verify" and still chech that you are being told the truth. The other one to be careful of "lying by the fact of exaggeration".

Regards,

KP

Octave,You have go about with your eyes and ears open and sort the hay from the chaff. Just be cautious of what you get told from the Canberra end. As what I tell a lot of people "verify" "verify" and still chech that you are being told the truth. The other one to be careful of "lying by the fact of exaggeration".

Regards,

KP

Kieth I am cautious of what everyone says. I am not overly impressed with "I know something but can't say" I am not sure what it is I am supposed to do with this "secret warning"???? When will this information be public? Should I not purchase an aircraft at the moment because RA Aus is about to collapse? You may well be right but uncertainty is bad for everyone including flying schools and aircraft manufacturers.

Surely those who "know" can at least give a little hint as to whether this is some small governance problem that will be overcome or whether we are looking at total collapse.

I hear what you are saying regarding not saying much.

However at times we must stay quiet and put it out there... "keep your eyes and ears open". You will get by by bringing these so called do gooders to heal.

KP

Octave, RAAus will still exist but it won't be as we all know it as today and there will be a lot of happier members so yes go and buy that new aircraft.

This has only come about because like many others and me personally, they have pi$$ed me off far to many times with their attitude and arrogance. I personally have had 12 years of it and their latest actions against me and this resource was the straw that broke the camels back for me

• Agree 1

I Neil Bradley was going to resign from raa 5 years ago but never did as I assumed that by resigning I would not have voice to bring the organization to heel

the failure by raa to investigate the repair of the said air craft 24 4524 that was not in accordance with the manifactors manual or raa rules and regulations or cassa rules and regulations

the failure by raa not to abide by flight safety regulations is a breach

neil

I Neil Bradley was going to resign from raa 5 years ago but never did as I assumed that by resigning I would not have voice to bring the organization to heelthe failure by raa to investigate the repair of the said air craft 24 4524 that was not in accordance with the manifactors manual or raa rules and regulations or cassa rules and regulations

the failure by raa not to abide by flight safety regulations is a breach

neil

If anything, RAA has been abiding by a Magistrate's decision which is more than you seem to be able to do despite a number of friendly warnings designed to help you. You had your day in Court to sort it out, and a decision was made.

• Agree 2

If anything, RAA has been abiding by a Magistrate's decision which is more than you seem to be able to do despite a number of friendly warnings designed to help you. You had your day in Court to sort it out, and a decision was made.

I answer with the contempt it deserves neil

And defamation draws a long bow...taking down not only the author but also the publisher.

It is not fair to the site owner to make these regular posts stating as fact your particular view of the circumstances of your aircraft repairs. The repairer successfully defended against you in a Court and you didn't pursue your appeal rights.

It's not easy losing a case that you thought was a certainty (I know because it happened to me) but you have to move on once all the cards have been played and the game is lost.

Kaz

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

I bloody well have moved on from what you are commenting on why don't you get the facts as to what I have written to raa ask them to supply you with information

you are assuming and that assumption may bloody well back fire neil

ps fact I am not having a go at you

So, back to Kasper's worries from post #1.

RAAus Ltd exists and the election process will continue. It was commenced in line with the Constitution that should govern the process and and will be completed following the process dictated by the Constitution of RAAus Ltd.

Kasper said

"Factually NO member can be excluded from standing regardless of what skills the current board list as desirable . . . "

This is both true and perfectly clear in the Constitution.

Kasper went on to assert

". . . . and this was one of my comnplaints about the constitution - it puts up false criteria for standing that are not in fact there."

How can something be both false and not there?

This is a simple misreading. Nowhere are the "skills" stated to be prerequisites for standing for election. All that is required is that a candidate informs electors of their personal skills and experience against certain matters so that electors can make an informed comparison of candidates and thereby an informed choice. What could possibly be unfair about that? Surely an informed electorate should produce a better election result?

• Like 1

A RAAus election info update;

Nominations for the RAAus Board closed recently. RAAus has received 10 nominations for the 5 positions available on the new Board. Under the new Constitution process the current Board of 13 has been 'retired' and no longer hold office with the exception of the RAAus executive (3 members). One member of the executive is standing for the current election, the previous secretary, the remaining two are exempted from standing at the current election. Four RAAus Board members from the old RAAus are renominating.

Rod Birrell

'Retired' RAAus Board member

• Informative 1