[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]

FB if you are trying to convert people to your way of thinking, then I suggest a more respectful tone is required. Insults like those you have used are the stock-in-trade of low-intellect conman with nothing to offer but division and hate.

I would commend to you the excellent video in Post #436 above; that scientist speaks thoughtfully, carefully and with enormous authority. He doesn't insult people, he doesn't criticise the dumb leadership he has had to battle with. He gets his point across with clarity and respect.

If, on the other hand, you are just letting off steam, then I've tolerated your rants for long enough.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

I hadn’t realised Warren were a member of this forum..?

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hadn’t realised Warren were a member of this forum..?.

I presume you are referring to Elizabeth Warren, a well-respected and articulate politican, unlike the crackpot who abuses her with such terms as you have used.

Since she is a single person, I'd suggest was is the correct word to use.

I presume you are referring to Elizabeth Warren, a well-respected and articulate politican, unlike the crackpot who abuses her with such terms as you have used.

Since she is a single person, I'd suggest was is the correct word to use.

The criticism cuts both ways. Who is the crackpot?

I could ask is the earth flat. 600 years ago plenty thought so. Some still do today. Trump has thousands of documented lies to his credit based on reliable sources. He of course disputes that.. Who do you believe? Nev

• Like 2

I could ask is the earth flat. 600 years ago plenty thought so. Some still do today. Trump has thousands of documented lies to his credit based on reliable sources. He of course disputes that.. Who do you believe? Nev

What's this about?

Maybe HE tweets in tongues. If he's not straight jacket material, he's a bl@@dy good actor. You asked "who is the crackpot.?" Turbs. IF a compulsory Psych assessment was done I know who I'd put MY money on.. No ONE knows what HE will do next. Nev

Possible cures turning up by the day.

I’ve used it on cattle...

“...Researchers in Australia report that Ivermectin, an FDA-approved drug commonly used to treat parasites, appears to be effective in treating the SARS-COV-2 coronavirus (COVID-19). The drug is widely available and can be “repurposed” for this application, doctors said...”

https://www.breitbart.com/border/2020/04/04/common-anti-parasite-drug-may-kill-coronavirus-in-under-48-hours-say-researchers/

“...Researchers in Australia report that Ivermectin, an FDA-approved drug commonly used to treat parasites, appears to be effective in treating the SARS-COV-2 coronavirus (COVID-19). The drug is widely available and can be “repurposed” for this application, doctors said...”

https://www.breitbart.com/border/2020/04/04/common-anti-parasite-drug-may-kill-coronavirus-in-under-48-hours-say-researchers/

Yes that is good news. In Australia so far we have managed to slow down the infection rate so far. Slowing down the infection rate buys us time for these antivirals and vaccines to be tested and if safe and proven to work they then can be deployed. An out of control infection rate means people will die or be permanently damaged who could have been saved by these medical advances.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-04/monash-researchers-hopes-for-coronavirus-drug-treatment-warning/12121578

A flying friend told me about his neighbour who say if he gets it he'll just dose himself with cattle drench.

I'm guessing that there a lots of chemicals that will kill corona in a petrie dish.

• Like 1

As the lock down gets more stupid.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-18/99-of-those-who-died-from-virus-had-other-illness-italy-says

The question that need's to be answered.

Australia has about 160,000 deaths per year. If Covid kills 50,000 - 100,000 (which it won't) what is the over lap?? This is the truly important number as destroying the economy and peoples lives will result in a lot more deaths. A healthy economy = money for a health hospital system.

We currently have 91 ICU patients lucky we locked down.

Sweden has NOT taxed there hospital system and they kept everything going. Lockdown, what lockdown? Sweden's unusual response

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-04/monash-researchers-hopes-for-coronavirus-drug-treatment-warning/12121578

A flying friend told me about his neighbour who say if he gets it he'll just dose himself with cattle drench.

Jo Nova has a bit more about it...

“...But to show how fickle these things can be, even though it made it to phase III clinical trials against Dengue in Thailand, and it reduced the viral count in vivo, it still didn’t produce a clinical benefit.....” Continues: Another possible cure from coronavirus, found in sheep dip: Ivermectin « JoNova

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-18/99-of-those-who-died-from-virus-had-other-illness-italy-says

Australia has about 160,000 deaths per year. If Covid kills 50,000 - 100,000 (which it won't) what is the over lap?? This is the truly important number as destroying the economy and peoples lives will result in a lot more deaths. A healthy economy = money for a health hospital system.

Sweden has NOT taxed there hospital system and they kept everything going. Lockdown, what lockdown? Sweden's unusual response

Could this be the reason?

Cut and paste from that article....Meanwhile, there is a high level of trust in public authorities in Sweden, which many believe is driving locals to adhere to voluntary guidelines.

How many have a high level of trust in Australian authorities?

• Like 3

In its 9th weekly COVID-19, Australia: Epidemiology Report, the Department of Health data shows that upto midnight, 29th March there had been over the nine weeks:

211,261 tests for COVID-19 (largely self selected so the data is automatically distorted)

4,159 confirmed cases (assuming the test is 100% accurate)

of these cases:

2,219 were hospitalised

402 were hospitalised solely as a result of their COVID-19 illness

(ie 1,814 of the hospitalisations had underlying health conditions that made them susceptible to ANY respiratory illness)

38 had been admitted to ICU;and

5 required ventilation

Draw your own conclusions. It is as though the pollies are not getting this data and acting from fear alone.

Now that the system has lumbered the nation with a debt that will never be repaid, it knows how to create a conforming society. Conformity is the enemy of democracy which relies upon free and open discussion of ideas for its success.

This virus has sown the seeds of destruction of the society that we grew up enjoying.

• Like 1

The logical reasons for the difference have been explained. Can't remember where I read it.

For a start we are not locked down, we are at level 3. The fact that a very high percentage of deaths the person had underlying medical conditions and of course most were in the older age brackets is irrelevant. These conditions were being managed. There is NO cure for Covid-19 so some died. The largest age group of infections is 20 to 29. Some of these will have medical conditions as well. You seem to be advocating we do nothing and save the economy. It has already been shown that that response will overwhelm our health system and put us in an even worse position. Trump denied there was a problem. Now look at the US because they did nothing for 2 months.

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

In its 9th weekly COVID-19, Australia: Epidemiology Report, the Department of Health data shows that upto midnight, 29th March there had been over the nine weeks:

211,261 tests for COVID-19 (largely self selected so the data is automatically distorted)

4,159 confirmed cases (assuming the test is 100% accurate)

of these cases:

2,219 were hospitalised

402 were hospitalised solely as a result of their COVID-19 illness

(ie 1,814 of the hospitalisations had underlying health conditions that made them susceptible to ANY respiratory illness)

38 had been admitted to ICU;and

5 required ventilation

Draw your own conclusions. It is as though the pollies are not getting this data and acting from fear alone.

Now that the system has lumbered the nation with a debt that will never be repaid, it knows how to create a conforming society. Conformity is the enemy of democracy which relies upon free and open discussion of ideas for its success.

This virus has sown the seeds of destruction of the society that we grew up enjoying.

“...New evidence has emerged from China indicating that the large majority of coronavirus infections do not result in symptoms.

Chinese authorities began publishing daily figures on 1 April on the number of new coronavirus cases that are asymptomatic, with the first day’s figures suggesting that around four in five coronavirus infections caused no illness. Many experts believe that unnoticed, asymptomatic cases of coronavirus infection could be an important source of contagion.

A total of 130 of 166 new infections (78%) identified in the 24 hours to the afternoon of Wednesday 1 April were asymptomatic, said China’s National Health Commission. And most of the 36 cases in which patients showed symptoms involved arrivals from overseas, down from 48 the previous day, the commission said.

China is rigorously testing arrivals from overseas for fear of importing a fresh outbreak of covid-19.

Tom Jefferson, an epidemiologist and honorary research fellow at the Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine at the University of Oxford, said the findings were “very, very important.” He told The BMJ, “The sample is small, and more data will become available. Also, it’s not clear exactly how these cases were identified. But let’s just say they are generalisable. And even if they are 10% out, then this suggests the virus is everywhere. If—and I stress, if—the results are representative, then we have to ask, ‘What the hell are we locking down for?’”

Jefferson said that it was quite likely that the virus had been circulating for longer than generally believed and that large swathes of the population had already been exposed...”

https://www.bmj.com/content/369/bmj.m1375

• Like 2

Even some government officials are saying this dept won't have to be repaid, same as wartime dept.

Country and international economics do not compare/equate to household budgeting, no matter what some say with an Austrian accent.