How has COVID 19 affected your flying or intended flying

SSCBD

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-04/monash-researchers-hopes-for-coronavirus-drug-treatment-warning/12121578

A flying friend told me about his neighbour who say if he gets it he'll just dose himself with cattle drench.

I'm guessing that there a lots of chemicals that will kill corona in a petrie dish.

A lot of drenches contain chemicals in doses that will kill humans, too.

Big difference between a ruminant gut and yours.

• Like 1

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of drenches contain chemicals in doses that will kill humans, too.

Big difference between a ruminant gut and yours.

Good point even feed pellets for chooks and sheep can kill if wrongly fed because birds have a crop.

Country and international economics do not compare/equate to household budgeting,

Agreed, but look at how Australia prospered under Costello as treasurer (and I am not really a fan of his). South Korea is another example. Debt is a burden successive generations will wear - and wait till interest rates rise again!

Agreed, but look at how Australia prospered under Costello as treasurer (and I am not really a fan of his). South Korea is another example. Debt is a burden successive generations will wear - and wait till interest rates rise again!

Think positive, someone in China could be eating a koala right now, and we could have another virus in August.

Think positive, someone in China could be eating a koala right now, and we could have another virus in August.

They've got chlamydia sorted haven't they? :oh yeah:

• Haha 2

Exactly; that's why they don't let you nurse koalas.

By "sorted", I mean it's curable, and for the record they will let you nurse koalas. Although, taking it upon yourself to nurse a wild one requires some caution and has significant risk...and it's not chlamydia.:thumb up:

• Like 1

Big cats got it now...

:...A tiger at the Bronx Zoo has tested positive for the new coronavirus, in what is believed to be the first known infection in an animal in the US or a tiger anywhere, a zoo spokesman said...”

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-06/tiger-at-new-yorks-bronx-zoo-tests-positive-for-coronavirus/12124410

...well, so much for the poorly informed lock-down now...?

Next the family dog will have it. Then what we gunna do? Shoot all the dogs and cats...?

I’ve noted an ongoing interest in allowing the virus to run its course. Always interested in which family or friends are acceptable to lose with a strategy of herd immunity.

The economy can and will recover with good governance and management of debt. The dead will remain dead.

At the risk of reviving the Trump discussion... I note today that he only receives visitors who’ve had an instant test for the virus. No wonder he can be so cavalier about not wanting to wear a mask!

Edited by Mike Gearon
  • Like 3

Well , they kill all the Pigs to contain the swine flu so why not apply the same principle here if it's good for the economy. If you put the "Economy" above all things where do you stop?. Hasn't prioritising the economy done enough damage already? It's only a hocus pocus theory anyhow and is changed to suit the argument in favour at the time and doesn't have a great track record at being self correcting or much more than a process for giving more to those that already have more and tempting people to buy rubbish they don't want or need. Nev

Sweden is a smart country I reckon. What if Australia did something similar? I would provide protection to all frontline workers, including retail staff, and information and support to the rest of us. Why would you want to protect fools against their wishes?

Mind you, a smart kid in an idiotic family would be hard to protect but I reckon there would be ways.

Re post 487That must be a first for the ABC. Our local ABC has had nothing except Covid 19 news for ages. There has been no mention that the Ebola outbreak in one African state has been contained, nor have we heard about weather damage in the USA. We did yesterday hear that some Yankie singer songwriter had died at 80 odd years old, but that didn't mention a virus. They seem to only want to scare the population.

“The Directive was updated yesterday 5/4/20 with none of the changes you're clinging to, so you're out on your own.”

Turbo, just to keep it out of the crash thread, the last update on the QLD site was 02APR, the day before the article.

• Like 1

“The Directive was updated yesterday 5/4/20 with none of the changes you're clinging to, so you're out on your own.”

Turbo, just to keep it out of the crash thread, the last update on the QLD site was 02APR, the day before the article.

Read to the end of the document (attached)

Let's remember that those two people would be alive today if they'd followed the directive.

That won't be the cause of the crash, but it would have saved their lives.

WDQld.thumb.JPG.aad27d8cdf8e524fcd94b7c973275816.JPG

Maritime Safety Queensland now say recreational boating is not allowed

Recreational boating in Queensland during the Home Confinement Direction

alt= https://www.msq.qld.gov.au/-/media/MSQInternet/MSQFiles/Home/About-us/03295_MSQ-web-images-NEW2.jpg?la=en&hash=34813845219122690F39831D7BF774A407FDA86F[/img]

There are a range of scenarios where you may want to take a boat out.

Boaties should be aware that the information below is subject to change based on the latest advice from the Chief Health Officer.

Find the latest advice on the Queensland Government's COVID-19 site.

While we aim to answer your specific questions here, the first question you should ask yourself is: do you need to take your boat out?

Queensland’s Chief Health Officer has been very clear—if you don’t need to be out then stay at home.

That is now the law.

The same rules that apply on land also apply in our waterways, bays and out at sea.

If you’re looking for a loophole to leave the home, then you probably shouldn’t be heading out.

Let's remember that those two people would be alive today if they'd followed the directive.

Turbo I do not like your post. A directive to permanently cease all forms of private aviation would save lives however the participants should know the risks and how to mitigate them. The buck stops with the Pilot In Command.

• Like 2

Maritime Safety Queensland now say recreational boating is not allowed

Recreational boating in Queensland during the Home Confinement Direction

03295_MSQ-web-images-NEW2.jpg?la=en&hash=34813845219122690F39831D7BF774A407FDA86F

There are a range of scenarios where you may want to take a boat out.

Boaties should be aware that the information below is subject to change based on the latest advice from the Chief Health Officer.

Find the latest advice on the Queensland Government's COVID-19 site.

While we aim to answer your specific questions here, the first question you should ask yourself is: do you need to take your boat out?

Queensland’s Chief Health Officer has been very clear—if you don’t need to be out then stay at home.

That is now the law.

The same rules that apply on land also apply in our waterways, bays and out at sea.

If you’re looking for a loophole to leave the home, then you probably shouldn’t be heading out.

Using your boat

You can go out in your boat, to travel to and from work or home, for EXERCISE or to fish.

Using your boat

You can go out in your boat, to travel to and from work or home, for EXERCISE or to fish.

Compliance and enforcement

We’re relying on boat users to exercise common sense. If you don’t need to be out on the water, then stay at home. Only boaties who have a legitimate reason should be out on the water.

Authorities will talk to those out on the water and communicate the requirements to them. We need everyone to help with the community response to COVID-19, and that means limiting the time you spend away from your home as much as possible.

Queensland Health, Queensland Water Police Service, Maritime Safety Queensland and Queensland Boating and Fisheries Patrol all have responsibility to monitor behaviour on the water.

The document has two dates at the bottom, and I haven’t been able to see just what it is that they’ve changed. What I have seen between that and more recent documents, is that generally they have expanded on what is permissible.

You need to understand that I agree that the letter of the law says stay at home, but the the minister has gone and made exceptions would suggest that solo flying would be within the intent of the law. Yes, I understand that one may end up testing that.

That said, your comment about people dying in a plane crash because the broke the corona laws, while technically correct, is utter rubbish.