So if we cant fly till Xmas (accept the premise) - Do we expect many sport aircraft being put up for sale.

Now youve declared on the web probably CASA and RAA

They would have to catch me:-) Central West Qld is a BIG place! CASA could not catch a cold! Would the RAA snitch on a paying member, or just look the other way?

I am sorry, perhaps I have the wrong end of the stick here? But someone is presenting a situation where they dont yet have a license/permit, is going to relocate so as to not get caught flying illegally. And people here not only support this but are recommending low level ops as a way to justify it if questioned. I am not going mad am I? This is really happening!

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

I am sorry, perhaps I have the wrong end of the stick here? But someone is presenting a situation where they dont yet have a license/permit, is going to relocate so as to not get caught flying illegally. And people here not only support this but are recommending low level ops as a way to justify it if questioned. I am not going mad am I? This is really happening!

When the chips are down, you are either a survivor or not. Just think, RAA pilots could be flying stealth missions from private strips ferrying spare parts to people who need them in the bush, AND get paid for it! This may be a way of keeping their family fed, would you deny the opportunity to someone? I wouldn’t’, in fact I would do my level best to help......but then again, I am a survivor......not some cupcake pussy!

• Caution 4

go get 'em jackc - see if you can get the highway rig up to 120 km/h - might as well do some speeding as well

pack the spare tyre full of illicit substances and make a packet when you get there as well

that s a 'well, well' (.................. said in a pensive tone)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

They would have to catch me:-) Central West Qld is a BIG place! CASA could not catch a cold! Would the RAA snitch on a paying member, or just look the other way?

They don't have to do too much work in your case; you've already publicly admitted what you plan to do. Dumb Move.

I would think that flying to inspect livestock, fencing and stock water supplies is perfectly legal. Please let me know if you think differently .

You're a farmer; how often have you flown around to check livestock, fencing, water.

How do you pick a fly blown sheep at 500 feet, or count the sheep/cattle ora broken bottom wire, or see if the water in the troughs needs changing.

I've always wondered how many property owners actually do that. Certainly in the outback you can check is elevated tanks are full or empty, but the other stuff???????

• Agree 1

When the chips are down, you are either a survivor or not. Just think, RAA pilots could be flying stealth missions from private strips ferrying spare parts to people who need them in the bush, AND get paid for it! This may be a way of keeping their family fed, would you deny the opportunity to someone? I wouldn’t’, in fact I would do my level best to help......but then again, I am a survivor......not some cupcake pussy!

Just so you know, I know at least 10 CASA people read these threads; they can't comment. I'd bet RAA have a peek or two also.

Handy information for them.

While the Chief Medical Officers have overriding control during a State of Emergency, the aviation regulations didn't go away. They're still there.

Just so you know, I know at least 10 CASA people read these threads; they can't comment. I'd bet RAA have a peek or two also.

Handy information for them.

While the Chief Medical Officers have overriding control during a State of Emergency, the aviation regulations didn't go away. They're still there.

Well, I have discovered one thing.....IF there was a War on, you would not have my back:-). Yes, even the Prime Minister can read this forum. We probably have Police Officers here, too. One thing to understand is iF you breach the law and no one catches you, what then? There is greater chance in high population density areas versus sparsely populated areas. You want to try your car out to 250kmh, don’t do it on the M1, go out near Longreach, less change of being caught.

As I said as far as survival goes, you do whatever it takes to provide for yourself and/or family provided you do not harm another human being in the process (unless it a War). So, you do a stealth mission to fly some parts to a stranded truck driver in a remote area and he pays you for helping him out, Oh sure you have blown the rule book apart, but WHO did you hurt? Just be careful landing on a public road:-)

• Like 1

Well, I have discovered one thing.....IF there was a War on, you would not have my back:-). Yes, even the Prime Minister can read this forum. We probably have Police Officers here, too. One thing to understand is iF you breach the law and no one catches you, what then? There is greater chance in high population density areas versus sparsely populated areas. You want to try your car out to 250kmh, don’t do it on the M1, go out near Longreach, less change of being caught.

As I said as far as survival goes, you do whatever it takes to provide for yourself and/or family provided you do not harm another human being in the process (unless it a War). So, you do a stealth mission to fly some parts to a stranded truck driver in a remote area and he pays you for helping him out, Oh sure you have blown the rule book apart, but WHO did you hurt? Just be careful landing on a public road:-)

Three things:

1. No, I'd climb out and go to another trench

2. If you were speeding around Longreach the Sergeant at Barcaldine has ways to solve that long distance problem

3. Teaching yourself to fly is the opposite of survival.

Three things:

2. If you were speeding around Longreach the Sergeant at Barcaldine has ways to solve that long distance problem

They used to say he who teaches himself to fly has a fool for an instructor.

In the olden days of 95:10 a few did do just that, taught themselves to fly.

Three things:

Great:-)

1. Leaves me more room in my trench!

2. If patrolling in a Landcruiser, he gets blown into the weeds!

3. Done 18 hours, can get an aircraft off the ground and back down....just need more practice!

• Like 1

They used to say he who teaches himself to fly has a fool for an instructor.

In the olden days of 95:10 a few did do just that, taught themselves to fly.

Youtube is my friend:-). Those rag and stick guys never had that advantage:-)

Nanny state thinking - The reason the AUF (pre RAA) was formed by CASA was to put all of US (some here will know) ILLEGAL, overweight, unregistered, mostly backyard built, ultralights and untrained pilots flying around uncontrolled. Now today we are overcontrolled with Dudley do rights over our shoulder.

• Like 4
  • Winner 2

20190613_122527_resize_1.thumb.jpg.21733f90de83b654773ad9ca71edc13c.jpg

When the 95:10 machines were king most of the blokes round our area taught themselves to fly. A couple had a few lessons, when the 2 seat Thrusters came out it made things a lot safer.

I believe the skycraft scout claimed more than 20 victim's

• Like 2

T

[ATTACH type=full" alt="20190613_122527_resize_1.jpg]52164[/ATTACH]

The price paid by the early pioneers, we all benefited from in the long run....

The price CASA is asking for the 95-10 people to fly in POOR survivability aircraft.

Make it better and ITS ILLEAGLE.

spacesailor

Ilegal is a sick bird:-)

• Like 1

[ATTACH type=full" alt="20190613_122527_resize_1.jpg]52164[/ATTACH]

95:10 didn't allow strength to be built in. Unless your talking the likes of HummelBird (beat you toit Sailorman) there is not enough margin to build in a very strong design. Most 95:10 aircraft were overweight except the likes of the scout. The single seat Thruster was close to legal and a very strong design.

A bloke bought a Scout round our area, vague memory it had a 2 cylinder Victa engine. At 3500' it was just too high to fly, he would roar up and down the airstrip with the tail in the air then balloon to about 3 feet then just settle back onto the ground. Probably the safest thing to happen.

The possible scenarios are many.

There will be hundreds, if not thousands, of experienced jet and prop-jet aircrew out of a job within 3-6 months. That will kill all the big flying schools because there will be no realistic professional career path for years. There will be hundreds of very highly qualified instructors driving Uber. Career prospects for instructors are gloomy atm.

We might see a return of interest in recreational flying, and RAAus schools may get back into action by end of year - but it will be very slow. Many will fold. Unless you own the school aircraft, hangar and buildings outright, the going will be tough.

There will be zero demand for new RAAus aircraft for probably 2 years. Many owners will gradually quit their aircraft because of costs, and having their own finances very tight.. Probably more interest in shared or group ownership in our future. There will be thousands of GA aircraft available as the recession bites in the US, but with our A$ where it is - it won't be attractive to import.

As to prices in the used market - probably less owners likely to sell immediately as there won't be many buyers, so why slash prices? Many aircraft were changing hands late in 2019 at much less than the advertised price, so the market probably won't drop very much later this year.

Cheaper fuel will be nice, but the big items such as insurance, and hangarage are unlikely to reduce. I think there will be many more hangars for sale, and many more spaces available, especially on larger airports because charges are likely to rise as landlords recoup.

In conclusion, this CV event is looking like a disaster for aviation at every level. Not 'happy days' from me atm, but, it will pass, and life goes on.

Best wishes to you and your mates in the West, Pots. It makes you think, alright

kaz

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

You're a farmer; how often have you flown around to check livestock, fencing, water.

How do you pick a fly blown sheep at 500 feet, or count the sheep/cattle ora broken bottom wire, or see if the water in the troughs needs changing.

I've always wondered how many property owners actually do that. Certainly in the outback you can check is elevated tanks are full or empty, but the other stuff???????

You can see if stock are not acting normally, a flyblown blown sheep will walk/act differently to it's friends. You can see tracks through a fence if it's been pushed over, all from 500 feet. Big places it's very practical for stock/fence/tank inspection.

Going for a fly for inspection of some sort would be a more valid excuse than going to your holiday house on the central NSW coast for the weekend :oh yeah:

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

95:10 didn't allow strength to be built in. Unless your talking the likes of HummelBird (beat you toit Sailorman) there is not enough margin to build in a very strong design. Most 95:10 aircraft were overweight except the likes of the scout. The single seat Thruster was close to legal and a very strong design.

A bloke bought a Scout round our area, vague memory it had a 2 cylinder Victa engine. At 3500' it was just too high to fly, he would roar up and down the airstrip with the tail in the air then balloon to about 3 feet then just settle back onto the ground. Probably the safest thing to happen.

There is 95.10 original and the current 95.10. Original max empty of 115kg certainly had no great margins in terms of building a very strong airframe with bells and whistles.

but since the mid 1990’s -yes quarter of a century - the 95.10 design envelope has allowed an effective empty weight that will allow very strong airframes and quite a few whistles ... but they can’t be factory built so it’s true DIY. My 95.10 self design is very strong and great fun - 100hp single seater trikes are not common and you will have fun keeping up with me on climb out?

You can see if stock are not acting normally, a flyblown blown sheep will walk/act differently to it's friends. You can see tracks through a fence if it's been pushed over, all from 500 feet. Big places it's very practical for stock/fence/tank inspection.

Going for a fly for inspection of some sort would be a more valid excuse than going to your holiday house on the central NSW coast for the weekend :oh yeah:

That’s true. Cattle same. You look out for one on its own. It’s calving or it’s sick. You also see all the animals clumped around a trough and you know you’re out of water and in big trouble.

Also.....we have the Asian examples of getting on top of this really quickly. China and Taiwan as examples. Not sure about China. Taiwan is transparent. Reports and updates are factual. Just a handful of new cases each day in Taiwan and almost all are imports.

Once countries bring their own epidemics under control and stop exporting it we have the Asian examples. Normal really isn’t far away. It just doesn’t look that way right now. Well, I’d say normal based on my life here in Taiwan just involves temp checks everywhere and mask wearing. Not a big price to pay to get on with a relatively normal life.

Edited by Mike Gearon

One nearly got me.

On the take off run the propellor blew to bits just as the aircraft went past where I were sitting. Chunk of wood missed me by a foot..?

I seems to recall most of the fatals back then were licensed pilots. Us self taught ultralight pilots seemed to survive..?

• Agree 1