New 130 shp Turboprop engine

Not the first ! I am fairly sure that I have seen videos of other LSA class aircraft fitted with turboprops and jet engines - Cri Cri with 2 jets and a British aircraft with 2 turbo props. Both borrowed from RCA - perhaps a fantasy, memory no longer trustworthy.

It's significant. Models are models and while they look great they often lack what you need to carry real people in real planes. and can be a long way from a practical application.. Probably way less than 1/2 of a similar power Piston . Nev

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Heron Engines said:

We proudly present the specifications of our GVA-130 turboprop !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzveMS1cB0M&t=1s

For more information visit our website : www.heronengines.com

or send us an email at : [email protected]

After watching the video I am guessing this engine does not run yet. One would never put crap music over the sound of a turbine starting. Show us the start at least.  

• Agree 1
  • Haha 2

There are at least three disquieting things about the new and exciting Heron 130SHP turboprop ...

1. A requirement to put money down before any video displays the engine actually running....

2. A refusal to specify pricing, keeping it a big hush-hush secret between the manufacturer and interested buyers....

3. No indication of any production period, type certification, or other important information that potential buyers like to know.....

There's also no information as to whether deposits are refundable if the engine fails to perform, or is delayed into production by a lengthy period.

The world is full of people who have thrown down cold hard cash on big aviation promises, only to see their money disappear, with no chance of recovery.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Sheesh some are hard to please 🙄

They have a flying version, in an established airframe, give it time guys, they are well ahead of the local develpement,

as are these guys;

https://www.turbotech-aero.com/solutions/#turboprop

flying version in this;

https://news.jmbaircraft.com/2022/turbine/

No affiliation with either.

• Informative 1

The first flight of our engine was 1 year ago. After that the flight tests started and finally the product is ready for production.

You can find the start up of the engine in our social media pages, and more information about the GVA-130 turboprop in our website.

www.heronengines.com

For any other information or to inform you about the early adoption program and pricing you can contact us at : [email protected]

Edited by Heron Engines
  • Like 1
  • Informative 2

3 hours ago, Mike Borgelt said:

Interesting. No good for RAAus as not a recip. Also Basic Med does not allow turbines in Australia.

The cao 95.10 and 95.55 do not exclude turbines. They refer to engines. 

95.10 does not limit to 1 engine and does not require a propeller so they can be jet. 

95.55 experimental/Jone built/kit requires 1 engine and 1 prop so turbine like this is ok. 

Cost to buy and LPH might not be raaus friendly but they are possible. 

Idea is great - weight wise , probably replace baby LyCons and full size Rotax BUT what of fuel consumption ??  from that fuel capacity ???

AND

What sort of efficiency will you get at under 10,000ft ???

1 hour ago, kasper said:

The cao 95.10 and 95.55 do not exclude turbines. They refer to engines. 

95.10 does not limit to 1 engine and does not require a propeller so they can be jet. 

95.55 experimental/Jone built/kit requires 1 engine and 1 prop so turbine like this is ok. 

Cost to buy and LPH might not be raaus friendly but they are possible. 

Not limited to one engine but just try to get a two engine light aircraft registered with RAA, eg Cri Cri, just can't happen!

2 hours ago, Geoff_H said:

Not limited to one engine but just try to get a two engine light aircraft registered with RAA, eg Cri Cri, just can't happen!

Twin engine is only within 95.10.  For that you need the wing area limit to be met so you are correct - a cri cri will never fit within 95.10 due to inadequate area for the more. and twin engines means it’s outside 95.55. 

nothing to stop twin engines in 95.10 … I recall a lovely little flying boat with push/pull engines in the 90’s. 

• Helpful 1
  • Informative 1

58 minutes ago, kasper said:

Twin engine is only within 95.10.  For that you need the wing area limit to be met so you are correct - a cri cri will never fit within 95.10 due to inadequate area for the more. and twin engines means it’s outside 95.55. 

nothing to stop twin engines in 95.10 … I recall a lovely little flying boat with push/pull engines in the 90’s. 

Thanks guys now I understand the 95.10 is for very low performance aircraft. I will have to leave my project in VH category I just hope that my medical holds out by the time it's finished.