Covid 19

Somethings gone wrong there. It's usually when you've told the police you will be away on holidays. They must have got their dates mixed.. 

Perhaps a recorded voice and a hissing noise . The voice says" hear that hissing of poisonous gas . It's going to kill you in minutes".

Ina nameless town I once lived near the  the police used to resell the drugs they'd nabbed on people. Everybody in country towns knows what others are doing. How would they expect to get away with it?. They didn't eventually..

They are not all mongrels etc but enough are and that's an issue. They also have a $#!t Job I wouldn't want. I've been friends with a couple of them. I just believe life will be better if you avoid them and the inside of a Courthouse.   It's a bit like riding pushbikes in the city.  Try to avoid doing it. Nev

Edited by facthunter
more content.

Yes but like everything Nev there are bad eggs in every bunch but in the overall scheme of things they are not like that.

I have been on the revieving end when I was a teenager of the infamous Valley CIB here in Brisbane..we were just in the wrong place at the wrong time..The old telephone book trick was used on myself and a few others but you just grow up and move on.

I know a similar case out in the small town I work in...local seargent was involved in the local druggos...he got tossed once it was found he was...my bosses place was used as a survelance spot so they could get the evidence...bad eggs in every single workplace and govt dept but as a percentage its very small

• Haha 1

For some reason or another, people do not see the police force as being an arm of Government - they are wrong. The military are prevented, by legislation, from acting against the Australian public. Not so the police.

The police force is a quasi military organisation, who do the bidding of the Government of the day - there is no doubt in my mind, that we are always just a step away from the police being used, by Government,  for political outcomes.

You dont have to look very far to see communities/populations that are under constant CCTV surveillance. China, UK, being just two. 

Kyle is unconcerned about such surveillance, he being an upstanding pilled of the community - he may think differently if the data collected by such systems is use to manipulate elections, sideline political opponents and possible even jail individual activists.

Such technologies have both good and bad potential - we as a "free" people should be very much on our guard  about their use. This is particularly so with our Governments increasing tendency to secrecy in their activities.

• Like 1

That was a particularly bad time . I used to spend quite A bit of time in Brisbane. it took a fella called Fitzgerald to sort that out..You've had your experiences .. I've had mine and I sure don't hang around places where you are looking for trouble either.

Skippy's just kicked in with some good points. IF the police operate at the beck and call of a Government we are in deep$#1t When there's a pile of newspeople around to  witness the highly staged arrest of someone like Craig Thomson.... What's going on?  Raids on the  a reporters home and the ABC. C'mon..  Nev. 

Edited by facthunter

Skippy we dont live in China....my son does he lives and works there and has done for the past 13 years...I can tell you some facts that you dont read about here.

I still maintain if your doing nothing wrong then its not a problem. I think people are just too petty and full of their own importance now. Personally I still maintain there is a minority and a majority...usually in the end the majority rules because they have the required push to make things happen when it counts.

Maybe I am too set in my ways. I would just like to go to my farm and get away and stay away from all the crap. OH&S and all the legal crap and paperwork and risk assements you have to fill out to even fart in a church nowdays is stupid...... well it will probably get to that...someone will be offended because I farted in church. It seems everyone gets offended even if you look at them...its all too precious now

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Kyle Communications said:

Skippy we dont live in China....my son does he lives and works there and has done for the past 13 years...I can tell you some facts that you dont read about here.

I still maintain if your doing nothing wrong then its not a problem. I think people are just too petty and full of their own importance now. Personally I still maintain there is a minority and a majority...usually in the end the majority rules because they have the required push to make things happen when it counts.

Maybe I am too set in my ways. I would just like to go to my farm and get away and stay away from all the crap. OH&S and all the legal crap and paperwork and risk assements you have to fill out to even fart in a church nowdays is stupid...... well it will probably get to that...someone will be offended because I farted in church. It seems everyone gets offended even if you look at them...its all too precious now

My comment's are not directed at you per say - its a general observation about all police forces and the use (potential miss use) of population surveillances.

The fragility of democracy, particularly when our  Government(s) seems to be moving towards a level of secrecy,that seems to me, to be incompatible with a democratic system.

Its not a big step, to the police  & surveillance being used against the population and its democratic processes.

I have long felt the Australian public is remarkably blasé about the misbehaviour of our leaders - a dangerous trait, if you value democracy.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

1984 , big brother is watching You.

Utopia for some & hell for the lower class.

The rich pay less tax than the Unemployed. 

the unemployment is lower But, some are receiving. Suplimentery Social security payments on their wage.

As it is toolow.

spacesailor

1 hour ago, Kyle Communications said:

Terminal Hermititis is the best disease you can ever get 🙂

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, jackc said:

Terminal Hermititis is the best disease you can ever get 🙂

You might be too late for that. Didn't you just come out of your no-vax safe-haven and hot foot it to Mackay potentially picking up whatever was floating around the town?

• Haha 2

Well he is a man on a mission Turbs....you know you cant hold anyone back from that...Hey I enjoy that same disease as Jack...If you had nice farm properties that give you peace and quiet and away from the madness you would understand. My wife and I turn into hermits everytime we go to our 125 acres of paradise

• Like 1
  • Winner 1

Just now, Kyle Communications said:

Well he is a man on a mission Turbs....you know you cant hold anyone back from that...Hey I enjoy that same disease as Jack...If you had nice farm properties that give you peace and quiet and away from the madness you would understand. My wife and I turn into hermits everytime we go to our 125 acres of paradise

I am in the same position as you, but just a wall of developers facing me on every side, but I understand the peace part, except when a water pipe bursts or there's some flooding etc.

• Like 1

My nearest neighbour is 800 mtrs away then the next is 1km in the other direction. Being very rural I dont see any developments coming in my lifetime....I am very happy with my lot there. We both cant wait until we move there pemanantly. I have my large hangar and a house going up in 4 weeks and my airstrips...what more could a man ask for. Mind you its been an 11 years excercise but I think if I survive ( I should seeing I have had both jabs 🙂  ) we will be there next year full time

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, turboplanner said:

You might be too late for that. Didn't you just come out of your no-vax safe-haven and hot foot it to Mackay potentially picking up whatever was floating around the town?

Ha ha airstrip is located at Palmyra, South of Mackay…… I was too fast for the virus to catch me 🙂 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, pmccarthy said:

Victoria country restrictions ease tomorrow night. But the new rules are nonsense, our local pub will not be reopening as they are allowed a maximum of ten patrons indoors, no way they can make it work.

They'll soon change their mind if the TV Networks were right tonight reporting thousands of people breaking their 5 km boundaries and streaming for regional Victoria tonight.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kyle Communications said:

My nearest neighbour is 800 mtrs away then the next is 1km in the other direction. Being very rural I dont see any developments coming in my lifetime....I am very happy with my lot there. We both cant wait until we move there pemanantly. I have my large hangar and a house going up in 4 weeks and my airstrips...what more could a man ask for. Mind you its been an 11 years excercise but I think if I survive ( I should seeing I have had both jabs 🙂  ) we will be there next year full time

AND Mark has an airstrip I can reach, for an Aviation Hermits Fly In 🙂

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Winner 1

Back to the point of the cops using the check-in app - (sorry I came to the party late) - there's some commentary above along the lines of "anything that catches criminals is a good thing".

I think that misses the point.  

The problem with the cops using checkin data is not the breach of privacy or anything else - it's that the system depends on people trusting it for them to use it.  If you take away that trust by abusing it, then a percentage of the population will stop using the app (even pretend by waving their mobile at the signs, as someone else suggested happens sometimes) and then your whole track & trace system goes down the toilet and we lose one of our best weapons against covid.

• Like 2

Marty is right. Furthermore, there doesn’t appear to be any time stamping so if joe covid was there at 9.35am and left at 951 am, but you were there from 9.20 to 9.29, then you still cop 14 days for you and your whole family - with no compensation .

3 hours ago, walrus said:

Marty is right. Furthermore, there doesn’t appear to be any time stamping so if joe covid was there at 9.35am and left at 951 am, but you were there from 9.20 to 9.29, then you still cop 14 days for you and your whole family - with no compensation .

The Victorian CHO has made it very clear, and been backed by the Premier (the Government), that because of what Marty referred to, DHHS and the Government will not Victimise or punish anyone who catches or spreads the virus or is honest with the contact tracers or discloses that their activities involved illegal or bizarre behaviour, and they have proved that again and again by helping obvious bastards who've spread the virus, but have at least given the contact tracers enough information to shut it down.

I'm not sure you're right about no time on the QTCode Walrus, since it responds to arrival phone time. It certainly doesn't record departure time to there would be a spread if you spent an evening at a pub, but I think what you might be referring to is the DHHS Tier 1, Tier 2 Anouncements where if you were there at the time your're required to go and get tested and isolate until you get a result, which can be as fast as a couple of hours or as long as abour 12 hours.