Covid 19

Judging by the TV News last night that with lockdown ending in regional Victoria yesterday thousands of cars were streaming out of their 5 km boundaries in Melbourne heading for the country last night, there's a good chance we're about to do a NSW.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Kyle Communications said:

Well the above story for me is quite ok.great the coppers are solving crimes using any tool necessary...its only a issue if you are doing something wrong. I believe in cameras everywhere to help stop crime..all these people going on its a invasion of privacy then they must have something to hide. I could not care less if someone in a control room somewhere saw me walking down the footparth scratching my arse or picking my nose.

I am not doing anything wrong or illegal who gives a sh#t ?

I dont have any issue of the coppers trying to solve crimes...ASIO listen into all of your ph calls and have AI listening looking for keywords. The GSM network was delayed when they put it up because ASIO didnt have all the gear in so they could listen to all the phone traffic. Crooks get by this now of course by encrypting their voice

It all goes to whether you are being a criminal or not...I am not so I dont ahve to worry

It doesn't matter. This is bad news, it will only further discourage people from using it. 

A not dissimilar, but more serious thing happened in Pakistan where a NGO was administering polio vaccines. The CIA got involved however, trying to find Taliban. So now regular folks who aren't criminals associate polio vaccines with the CIA.

You just need people to do what's best for the general population, don't give them any reason to not participate.  Clearly even criminals have been participating, which is good because the virus doesn't discriminate.

Edited by danny_galaga
  • Like 1

How many p[eople remember the smallpox vaccination certificates that were required for travel overseas in the sixties and seventies.   etc etc.   Nothing changes,

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, robinsm said:

How many p[eople remember the smallpox vaccination certificates that were required for travel overseas in the sixties and seventies.   etc etc.   Nothing changes,

Still got my little yellow vaccine booklet somewhere - have been traveling the world(with my parents)  since childhood, got jabbed for just about every preventable disease on the planet.

• Agree 1

The draconian rules are like locks on doors, they are there for the honest thieves! Now that Regional Vic is about to be released from the lunatics communist jail its only a matter of time before the merry-go-round is restarted and the jail door slammed shut again! I'd hate to be in cesspool Melb these days, the convicts must be ready to riot!

For now though do a Google search on Capt Graham Hood & the GreatAustralianParty, (most have probably seen it already as its doing the rounds rapidly) an interesting video that will surely upset a lot of the usual suspects:-)

• Caution 1

22 hours ago, Garfly said:

pilots generally, are also trained to higher than average levels of critical thinking.

Do you think so? What training do pilots get in critical thinking?

I would have said pilots are trained NOT to think. To follow procedures without question, and question those who don't follow procedures. It makes for safer aviation (when you think, sometimes you get things wrong, which can be fatal in aviation) but it doesn't result in a high level of critical thinking.

The exception seems to be e.g. test pilots, who are trained to analyze situations, and pilots with outside interests that broaden their thinking.

• Haha 1

yes You have approved manuals

with  Standard operating procedures

Normal ops

Abnormal ops

Emergency procedures (memory items).

And a system of penalty points and fines under a process of STRICT LIABILITY

If you operate outside of this envelope you have no defence.

Not much room for thinking there.

Pilots are like mushrooms. Kept in the dark and fed on Bull$#1t.  Nev

46 minutes ago, aro said:

Do you think so? What training do pilots get in critical thinking?

I would have said pilots are trained NOT to think. To follow procedures without question, and question those who don't follow procedures. It makes for safer aviation (when you think, sometimes you get things wrong, which can be fatal in aviation) but it doesn't result in a high level of critical thinking.

The exception seems to be e.g. test pilots, who are trained to analyze situations, and pilots with outside interests that broaden their thinking.

Yes, I take your point.  Many other kinds of 'training' might do a better job overall at developing 'critical thinking' in individuals (beyond what nature and nurture already provided).  

But I was just making the point that even amateur pilots are schooled in the seductive dangers of believing something to be true because one desires it to be true, and it makes one feel good (i.e confirmation bias). In any kind of aviating, uncritical thinking of that kind, as we well know, can have nasty outcomes (or, in the case of a dead reckoning navex, just get you lost ;- )

I just wanted to suggest that the denizens of this site tend to think more critically than the average bear out there - for whatever reasons - and are thus immunised against base propaganda. 

Edited by Garfly
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Garfly said:

I just wanted to suggest that the denizens of this site tend to think more critically than the average bear out there - for whatever reasons - and are thus immunised against base propaganda.

Sorry to disappoint the people on this site, but I don't see that at all.

• Haha 1

I've just read the last 2 pages and I'm no longer worried about the supply of toilet paper.

It's aluminium foil I'm worried about now.

Far too many people are making tin foil hats with all the conspiracy theories in their heads.

• Agree 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, RossK said:

Far too many people are making tin foil hats with all the conspiracy theories in their heads.

Only a few and nobody is buying them; that's my point.

• Agree 1
  • Haha 2

Exciting day 2day, got my discrimination letter from the grubby corrupt Fed Govt, seems they are concerned about me....cough cough😁 Now to find a frame for it, it's special:-)

Perry Cox Reaction GIF

Edited by Flightrite
  • Haha 1

I’ve been busy finishing the second hanger’s doors, and filling in the soft spots on my runway before the next rain.  I’ve done a few local flights and the Area Frequency is very quiet and there are all these bitumen runways (highways) with not a car or truck in sight available should the iron thermal call it quits.

Flighty’s person A vaccinated versus person B unvaccinated does have some merit, but it is wrong.....stay with me Flighty.

Let’s take a population pre-vaccine and no lockdowns.  The R0 of the Delta variant in such a group exceeds measles R0.....around 8.  So for every infected person...they reinfect a further 8.  Introduce lockdown ‘lite’ NSW style and the R0 drops to 2. Introduce vaccination and the R0 drops to 1 (50% reduction in transmission).  Give vaccinated people more freedoms, and the R0 will jump back towards 2, ie. the same spread for unvaccinated in lock down.  This is the reason or logic behind giving greater freedoms to the vaccinated (ignoring their less, in proportion, hospitalisation than unvaccinated)....it is treating them differently to achieve similar outcomes (passing on the contagion) for the two groups.  My R0 numbers are just my guesses, but they are roughly correct.....it’s very hard to determine because so many factors influence the number, particularly people’s behaviour.
I would also add that in some European countries travel by ‘fully vaccinated’ still requires two recent negative Covid tests....as does WA.

The challenge for Gladys is to strike a defensible ‘loosening of restrictions’ for vaccinated people that doesn’t see R0 going above 1 for this group....unfortunately her rhetoric, and experience in the UK and Israel, suggests it will.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Scotty wants the next election badly to keep the spoils of office rolling and the Coal power going. Gladys is again the star performer. How THAT is determined I cannot understand since NSW is now in a worse situation than anyone has been. I think they a a bit reckless with people's lives quite frankly. Business and Airlines are putting on the pressure and have been openly instructed to by Fraudenberg who wants to be PM.. Have WE done good? Yes maybe better than most so far but it may all be wasted if judgements are skewed by political imperatives, as i know they are. Nev

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

Put vaccination record imprinted on Drivers Licences and/or Over 18 cards.

Not interested in using phones for delivering the vaccination status of individuals.

My phone cannot do it, anyway…..

https://www.news.com.au/technology/online/security/australias-vaccination-certificates-can-be-easily-forged-with-fake-documents-available-for-270/news-story/b7e5672ca43840a1567fb938a3f69b7f

• Like 1

https://www.facebook.com/107637365950776/posts/4753405951373871/

Mmmm…….best get my Thruster on the flight line…..

Jack’s Airlines departing Rockhampton to Brisbane, flight time 9 hours, ONE seat left NO carry on. 3 stops enroute (for fuel) 🙂  NO Travel Insurance Available!

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Old Koreelah said:

My old bike mates are planning a trip down the Darling. I presume there a lots of airstrips with pubs, but fear the place will be swamped with caravans.

Is there a difference between the bikes and the caravans?

3 minutes ago, Old Koreelah said:

They’ve grown soft in their old age; no more tents, so accomodation is the issue.

There's very little accommodation along the Darling, but a bit of planning would allow side trips to the nearby towns.

It's never swamped with caravans - hard trip for a caravan.

• Like 1

On 24/07/2021 at 9:44 PM, walrus said:

If you get a chance to fly, then take it to try and keep current.

‘’I have been lucky enough to have a few friends and acquaintances who are closely connected with the pandemic. I was warned last March of what was to come and I have had occasional updates since.

‘’We knew three weeks ago that if Sydney  experienced more than 60 community transmission infections then they would lose the whole State. That has now occurred. Lockdowns won’t work anymore because contact tracing and testing is about to be overwhelmed and thus become pointless. That is why the NSW Premiere asked for more vaccines yesterday. That (mass vaccination) is the only solution from now on. 

This is the current sitrep.

Indications are now that the neighboring states will fail to keep the delta virus from spreading - there are not enough police to maintain a “hard border” anywhere.  The various states will try but they may not succeed. More lockdowns are expected. If you get a chance to fly, take it. There may not be many opportunities.

NSW is preparing for a lockdown until Christmas 2021. Companies with Major logistics operations in NSW have been advised to get as much as possible of their stock, equipment and employees out of the state and to operate from Victoria or Queensland for the foreseeable future.

If you are given the opportunity to be vaccinated, take it. AZ is perfectly acceptable as a product. You don’t need to wait for Pfizer, you need vaccination NOW.

Ignore the anti vax stupid people and the ‘freedom” protest mob. Within three weeks those unvaccinated folk are going to be sick as dogs. Furthermore, it will become blindingly obvious to all but the chronically cretinous* that the hospitals are full of unvaccinated people - starting with the idiots who went to the superspreader events called demonstrations.

* The chronically cretinous will maintain that their unvaccinated supporters have been deliberately poisoned by chemtrails/ gates/soros/ illuminati.

Main message : get vaccinated now if you can, then hold on for a very wild ride.

Walrus, you are more of a danger to the unvaccinated then they are to you,so you are the super spreaders especially since people have this FALSE idea that the vaccine stops you getting the cov or that it stops the spread [it does not] and as it reduces the symptoms the vaccinated hero who is infected but have no symptoms gayly sprouting how the unvaxxed are killers and unclean etc etc etc whilst happily spreading and KILLING others who for whatever reason can not have the vax.,.,,,,[ps , i,m fully vaccinated myself but that was MY CHOICE BUT I SUPPORT ANY WHO FOR WHATEVER REASON CAN NOT HAVE THE JAB,,,,,,,

Edited by bull
  • Like 1