Class 5 medical declaration. My experience

5 hours ago, turboplanner said:

Really? You need to be running an AOC to apply for a Class 5 Medical?

If you had been involved with casa in such a capacity then you would know what a bunch of bastards they are to deal with. They condone some companies flagrant misuse/abuse and obvious disregard of regulations and rules while pedantically persecuting others. Why are you such a casa sycophant? Smacks of self interest or trolling?

• Informative 1

7 minutes ago, Student Pilot said:

If you had been involved with casa in such a capacity then you would know what a bunch of bastards they are to deal with. They condone some companies flagrant misuse/abuse and obvious disregard of regulations and rules while pedantically persecuting others. Why are you such a casa sycophant? Smacks of self interest or trolling?

CASA are bastards?

I'm a  sycophant?

Funny how you can't tell us exactly what your problem is.

Even those who work there in high positions ATO's etc.KNOW how bad things are done and people sent broke out of personal attitudes.   One victim had the temerity to take them to court and when he beat them they handed him 2 more charges as he left . All you do is label me as CASA hater and YOU just wouldn't KNOW. I DO know because i've had the Involvement with them and with people on AOC's  AIR Operator Certificates. IF you looked hard enough you'd change your view but you won't do that. We all want an improvement for the sake of everybody in the Industry. Accepting the status quo won't get us anywhere.. I'd be one of the first to acknowledge progress WHEN it happens.  I also know what it used to be like.. Newcastle RNAC had a good relationship with the THEN DCA. The DG  used to present our  Pilot awards and shake every award receiver's hand. DCA knew wat was going on and communicated with us Many ex Newcastle people worked there. Nev

Edited by facthunter
  • Like 1
  • Informative 1

Well OK,  That's two pilots.

It just happens that I posted the researched statistics on another thread today and there are:

6,300 RA pilots

10,804 RPL/PPL

-----------------

17,104 total

So 17,102 left to go.

25 minutes ago, turboplanner said:

Well OK,  That's two pilots.

It just happens that I posted the researched statistics on another thread today and there are:

6,300 RA pilots

10,804 RPL/PPL

-----------------

17,104 total

So 17,102 left to go.

Ask most of them who have had much to do with casa and they will tell you what bastards they are.....

I was talking to a friend yesterday who applied for her Class 5 recently and also got a notice to contact a Dame. Her Class 5 appeared on the screen but she couldn’t print it. She emailed CASA and they didn’t have an explanation but cancelled her application, refunded her $10 and told her to try again. On the other hand about 8 club members have got theirs previously without any problems so this IT issue seems to be a recent problem. 

• Informative 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, rgmwa said:

I was talking to a friend yesterday who applied for her Class 5 recently and also got a notice to contact a Dame. Her Class 5 appeared on the screen but she couldn’t print it. She emailed CASA and they didn’t have an explanation but cancelled her application, refunded her $10 and told her to try again. On the other hand about 8 club members have got theirs previously without any problems so this IT issue seems to be a recent problem. 

Hi RGMWA

sorry to hear about the inconvenience to your friend, but glad I’m not the only one afflicted. The irony is the Class 5 declaration was meant to streamline the process but I have spent three or four hours already trying to get one- and am still no nearer than when I started.

This  is just an IT bug, CASA  public facing staff have been helpful, but I wish I’d just gone with my usual Class 2 basic now.

Note to CASA (and all operators of automated public services). Please test the system thoroughly before launching! 

How on earth a Class 5 Declaration can result in direction to a DAME for a medical examination is completely beyond me! Class  5 and Class 1-2 should be on totally different systems. How did they become mixed up?

Another automated system that gives endless trouble is that annual flight movements survey conducted by the department. I always have to send my data just as an email…. Sometimes they tell you to do that explicitly because the system is ‘down’ (yet again).

But glad to read the system is working for many people. Gives me hope 

Alan

Edited by NT5224

11 minutes ago, NT5224 said:

How on earth a Class 5 Declaration can result in direction to a DAME for a medical examination is completely beyond me! Class  5 and Class 1-2 should be on totally different systems. How did they become mixed up?

Remember that lines of code can't think. If the coding was "if A,B,C,D,E etc are met issue Class 5 or default to DAME"  then if there's a coding mistake for C, the system will default and send you to a DAME. probably something very simple in the coding which has to be fixed.

• Like 1

Given that a lot of people haven’t had any problems they have probably been fiddling with the code recently and broken it. Maybe they thought it was working too well, or perhaps they have reached their quota of Class 5’s. for the year. I hope they fix it soon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Remember the old computer operation basics - GIGO - Garbage In, Garbage Out. And the supplier of the computer system was also the lowest tenderer, thus guaranteeing a lot of shortcuts.

• Agree 1