Silly aviation pictures.

Cobalt

But certainly reminiscent of them good ol' days when, to add to the excitement, the pilot wasn't allowed to see where he was actually going.

Or where he'd been: just where he might have been if he was travelling parallel to his actual current path.............(

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

That's NOT a very accurate portrayal of the situation. To be in the left seat of an RPT you need 1500 hours of command time + basic turbines, pressurisation in baro chamber.  command ME IFR. First class ATPL etc etc. and usually  time in the RHS on type requiring a 2nd class ATPL. If you'd only flown a Piper Cub VFR you wouldn't get a lot of Brownie Points for that and you need to be very fluent in getting around the place at a fair speed. and never be behind the Plane. Try a Brisbane to Coolangatta with a bit of traffic and weather around, or all stops Cairns to BNE in the wet season and no mistakes allowed. Nev

• Like 1

It IS conveying a message regardless  and as I said it is not an accurate one. I don't see that as desirable because  A lot say "I saw somewhere" as good enough.. It's more funny IF it's REAL. FACT can be stranger than fiction. Don't you want comments?. Nev